ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Useful feedback

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wins7031

Useful feedback

Post by wins7031 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:28 pm

Having received a number of useful tips via this forum for various UKBA applications, I just thought I'll share my experience this morning having submitted my citizenship application via NCS

Key points to highlight

- 5 year qualifying period is counted from today's date. Not from the date of your first Tier 1 or 2 application
- P60's is not a must if you can provide proof of all past visas leading to ILR
- they run through a series of questions, one which asked, have you received a speeding or parking fine more than once
- LIUK originals will be taken from you and won't be returned
- they will send the originals to UKBA via recorded delivery envelope and will give you a tracking number
- whole process takes close to an hour
- the 5yr residence history page should start with your present residue and then work backwards. Sounds strange as we input the present address in the question before. Although there wasn't a box, I was asked to write To Present
- If putting a single application without spouse, marriage certificate not required

Hope you find it useful

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Useful feedback

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:40 pm

- 5 year qualifying period is counted from today's date. Not from the date of your first Tier 1 or 2 application
Slight correction to your statement. The qualifying period and date of application is counted from the date that HO receives the application. It has nothing to do with submitting through NCS.

Most of your advice is already well known but thank you for putting it in a nice bullet point format.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:09 pm

wins7031 wrote:Having received a number of useful tips via this forum for various UKBA applications, I just thought I'll share my experience this morning having submitted my citizenship application via NCS

Key points to highlight

- P60's is not a must if you can provide proof of all past visas leading to ILR
- they run through a series of questions, one which asked, have you received a speeding or parking fine more than once
- LIUK originals will be taken from you and won't be returned
- they will send the originals to UKBA via recorded delivery envelope and will give you a tracking number
- whole process takes close to an hour
- the 5yr residence history page should start with your present residue and then work backwards. Sounds strange as we input the present address in the question before. Although there wasn't a box, I was asked to write To Present
- If putting a single application without spouse, marriage certificate not required

Hope you find it useful

NCS will not send your originals, they will photocopy your originals and certify them so that you can keep your originals. That is the whole point of using NCS.

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:34 pm

Hi,

Did you ask the NCS staff if you can submit your P60's if you have any of them.

For example I have got almost 10 years of P60's with me from every employer .

Do you think is it worth providing all of them along with my application ?

Also I wanted to know do you think is it worth asking for SAR report from the Home Office to submit along with my application ?

Waiting for your reply.

Many thanks.

wins7031

Post by wins7031 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:21 pm

Re: P60s, Similar to your situation, I was able to provide all of mine win the qualifying period. However, as I was also able to provide my 5year route via visa stamps, they said the P60s could be optional. not sure if this is different for Tier 2 and Tier 1 routes although through my experience the case worker couldn't tell the difference

This position could be different by NCS officer. Sorry not sure what SAR IS

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:40 pm

wins7031 wrote:Re: P60s, Similar to your situation, I was able to provide all of mine win the qualifying period. However, as I was also able to provide my 5year route via visa stamps, they said the P60s could be optional. not sure if this is different for Tier 2 and Tier 1 routes although through my experience the case worker couldn't tell the difference

This position could be different by NCS officer. Sorry not sure what SAR IS
Hi

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I have all of my visa stamps available from the day 14 years ago when I came to this country till my ILR.

SAR means Subject Access Report its the report which tells you what data Home Office holds for you.

Are you be able to submit the photocopies of all of your stamps ??

Waiting for your reply.

Many thanks

vishpb35

Post by vishpb35 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:57 pm

wins7031 wrote: Sorry not sure what SAR IS
Download UKBA SAR form (Subject Access Request - Tells about your immigration history (minus case worker notes) ) from this link https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration. Fill it, attach 10GBP cheque (instructions on page 6 of document) and post by recorded delivery. UKBA will respond to your request within 40 working days.

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:17 am

Hi,

If I have got all the passport stamps available from the day 1 I came to UK till my ILR, do I still needs the SAR report to be sent along with my naturalisation application ?

Waiting for your reply.

Many thanks.