ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents details for Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ango_26

Parents details for Passport application

Post by ango_26 » Sun May 07, 2017 7:59 pm

Hi Forum Members,

I have a query about providing parents documents for first British adult passport.

As per HM Passport Office guide, people born after 1 JAN 1983 have to provide the following:
- One of your parents' birth certificates or naturalisation or registration certificate
- if this is your father, his marriage certificate to your mother

I am from India, my parents were born in 1950's in small towns and they don't have any birth certificates. It wasn't generated at that time.

However, my mum has her high school mark sheet which has her birth date. But there are two problems :)
1. Mark sheet is written in Hindi (she studied in Hindi medium school)
2. Her name in the mark sheet is not as it is in her passport. It has her original name before marriage, now she has taken my father's family name.

I called up HM Passport Office to enquire about it but didn't get any answer.

I am sure there are many folks here who are in same boat and have had same situation during their application process. And so I am hoping to get some advice on what to do?

Your help will as usual be very appreciated.

Thanks a lot if you have read this post this far and more thanks in advance if you have some advice for me.

Best wishes all!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Parents details for Passport application

Post by CR001 » Sun May 07, 2017 8:02 pm

You only need to list parents details. There is no requirement to submit birth certs if you have naturalised.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ango_26

Post by ango_26 » Sun May 07, 2017 8:04 pm

Thanks for prompt reply CR001.

I am applying for Passport along with my Naturalisation application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 07, 2017 9:28 pm

You only need to fill in parents details in the form. No parent evidence is required.

Note, the passport form is generic and the same form everyone uses including British born citizens, which is when evidence of parents is needed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ango_26

Post by ango_26 » Tue May 16, 2017 11:09 am

Thanks CR001, I called up the registrar office of my Council and asked them same, they weren't sure. Is it possible to find the guidance as you are saying somewhere on UKBA site?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue May 16, 2017 11:14 am

ango_26 wrote:Thanks CR001, I called up the registrar office of my Council and asked them same, they weren't sure. Is it possible to find the guidance as you are saying somewhere on UKBA site?
I can confirm, only naturalisation certificate and uncancelled passports required - applied and received my first passport in December 2016. Registry office wouldn't know.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 16, 2017 5:37 pm

ango_26 wrote:Thanks CR001, I called up the registrar office of my Council and asked them same, they weren't sure. Is it possible to find the guidance as you are saying somewhere on UKBA site?
Read the guidance booklet that comes with the passport form. It is all in there and the table on page 12/13 explains what you need to send. Parents birth certs are not one of the documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ango_26

Post by ango_26 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:26 pm

You are right! Its clear now, thanks CR001.

ango_26

Post by ango_26 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:29 pm

Also,thanks alterhase58 for your response. You guys are awesome!