ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents original id for First British passport?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tbnag
India

Parents original id for First British passport?

Post by tbnag » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:54 pm

Hi,

I became British citizen via Naturalisation and got the certificate after oath. I applied for naturalisation online(5 yrs ILR +1 route), so have to apply for first British passport separately.

I filled the passport application and in the POST OFFICE, the women doing the check and send service said i have to provide my parents ID cards(Original). I was surprised to know this. My parents are born in india and they live in india and they have no connection with UK.

Just wondering if i need original id cards of my parents to apply for my first british passport?

Thanks!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Parents original id for First British passport?

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:00 pm

No you do not have to provide your parents id cards.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tbnag
India

Post by tbnag » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:10 pm

Thanks for Confirming. I think i have to go to some other post office to apply. This post office women will never accept my application it seems.

One more question-
In the passport application there is section to provdide my parents details, their marriage date and my grand parent details with date of birth. Getting date of birth of grand parents is very difficult. Not sure why they need this level of information

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:11 pm

Grandparents details not required.

Please also remember that the passport form is the same for EVERYONE, those born British in the UK and for those who apply through Naturlisation etc.

Ignore questions not relevant to your circumstances as the guidance notes clearly state.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tbnag
India

Post by tbnag » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:20 pm

Thanks!!