ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child dependant born in the UK and abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kim001

Child dependant born in the UK and abroad

Post by kim001 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:34 am

Hi, greetings to the respected members of this forum.
Sorry to bore you with this question if it has been previously dealt with, just that I couldn't locate it.

I have 2 children, 1 was born in the UK (5yrs old), the other was born abroad (he is 11 yrs old and has lived in the UK for 7 year). My immigration status is ILR.
Questions:
1. What process do I need to follow for them to become British? ( I think the process will be different for each of them)
2. Will the application require me to have any certain level of income, if yes how much?
3. I will appreciate if a link could be provided, this is only needed for the sake of knowledge.

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child dependant born in the UK and abroad

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:50 am

1. Your UK born child can be registered as British in form MN1. Your child born abroad needs ilr fist and will follow the same immigration route as your spouse, who presumably does not have ilr yet.

2. MN1 does not have a financial requirement.

3. https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-form-mn1
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.