ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation query?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ashmeld11
Newly Registered

Naturalisation query?

Post by ashmeld11 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:49 pm

Hello,

I am applying for Naturalisation with my wife in Oct 2022. There is a section which states
'' Proof of living in the UK for Mrs ---------- for 5 years if applying in your own right''

Background: We entered UK in Sep 2016. We got ILR in Sep 2021.

QUESTION: I have bank statements of hers proving her residence from Nov 2017-Sep 2022, which is short of 2 months for 5yrs proof i.e Oct 2017 + Sep 2017.

However, I have following proof;

-> Sep 2017 - document from NPCC (police clearance) from UK can that be counted for 1 month?
-> Nov 2016 - GP Surgery registration
-> Aug 2017 - IELTS (Done in UK)
-> Jan 2017 - GP record of consultations document (dated)

I am missing on ANY DOCUMENT dated OCT 2017 ( she didn't have tenancy, bills, council tax, UK mobile contract etc in her name ). Can above all count ?

HELP FROM ALL WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation query?

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:32 am

You only need the passports.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Naturalisation query?

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:47 am

ashmeld11 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:49 pm
Hello,

I am applying for Naturalisation with my wife in Oct 2022. There is a section which states
'' Proof of living in the UK for Mrs ---------- for 5 years if applying in your own right''

Background: We entered UK in Sep 2016. We got ILR in Sep 2021.

QUESTION: I have bank statements of hers proving her residence from Nov 2017-Sep 2022, which is short of 2 months for 5yrs proof i.e Oct 2017 + Sep 2017.

However, I have following proof;

-> Sep 2017 - document from NPCC (police clearance) from UK can that be counted for 1 month?
-> Nov 2016 - GP Surgery registration
-> Aug 2017 - IELTS (Done in UK)
-> Jan 2017 - GP record of consultations document (dated)

I am missing on ANY DOCUMENT dated OCT 2017 ( she didn't have tenancy, bills, council tax, UK mobile contract etc in her name ). Can above all count ?

HELP FROM ALL WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thanks

As CR001 said, if your wife's passport was stamped every time she entered/left the UK that is enough. Should that not be the case she will only need to prove residence from Oct 2017 onwards (that is when her qualifying period starts). Tenancy, bank statements, UK mobile and bills are not acceptable forms of evidence for citizenship, but council tax is. Worst case scenario, you can wait one more month to apply.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.