ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

d33mee
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by d33mee » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:32 am

Eligibility criteria: indefinite leave
Method of application: Post
Date of receipt by UKBA: 7th aug 2015
Date of debit of fees: 10 August 2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 14th Aug 2015, dated a letter of 10th Aug
Finger Print Done : 20th aug
Date of receipt of approval: 9th Dec' 2015 dated 1st of Dec
Date of Ceremony: 22nd Dec
British passport application: 22nd Dec same night online
Printed declaration form on 23rd Dec and post back on 24th dec.
Interview for passport: 31st December
Passport has been dispatched it says online application status.

Journey came to an end. Took approximately 5 months from application to passport received.
I wish you all very good luck. thanks to every for useful forum

testfirst
Newly Registered

Post by testfirst » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:02 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5 years Tier 2 ICT+1 year ILR
Language criteria met: Life in the UK + UK NARRIC
Nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS Kingston
Date of application: 23/12/2015
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: Waiting
Date of acknowledgment letter: Waiting
Date of debit or clearance of fees: Waiting
Date of biometric letter received: Waiting
Biometric enrolled at the post office: Waiting
Date of approval: Waiting
Date of ceremony: Waiting

baseac
Newly Registered

Post by baseac » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:07 pm

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: (5yr residence + 2yr ILR;)
Language criteria met :OFQUAL registered English qualification + Life in UK test pass certificate
Current Nationality:Moldavian
Method of application:NCS (Sutton) 07/OCT/2015
Date of debit of fees: 29/oct/2015
Date of BioMetric Requested: 12/nov/2015
-BioMetric Done:13/nov/2015
Date of receipt of approval: waiting
Date of Ceremony: waiting

arKas
Newly Registered

Post by arKas » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:54 pm

arKas wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1yr ILR
Current nationality: Bangladeshi
Method of application: NCS Islington, London
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of application: 01/04/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 02/04/2015
Date of debit of fees: 23/04/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Waiting
Date of receipt of approval: 05/01/2016 (dated 06/12/2015 ... was on holidays)
Date of Ceremony: 13/01/2016
Updated! :)

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:02 pm

is there a LIVE spreadsheet on google drive or something which contains all timelines. They have something similar for people who applies for ILR in the forum and i wondered if someone maintains it for BC applications as well.

Linky?
Application sent (AN Form): Fri 04/03/2016 via POST
app fee taken: Mon 14/03/2016
Ack received: 17/03/2016
Biometric received: 17/03/2016
Biometric recorded: 19/03/2016
Approval date: 25/04/2016
Spreadsheet

M2013
Russia

Post by M2013 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:27 pm

arsenal49 wrote:is there a LIVE spreadsheet on google drive or something which contains all timelines. They have something similar for people who applies for ILR in the forum and i wondered if someone maintains it for BC applications as well.

Linky?

Malibu.B
Newly Registered

My Naturalisation Application processing Timeline

Post by Malibu.B » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:31 pm

Application Timeline :
Eligibility Criteria: 10 Years Long Residence + 1 Year Indefinite Leave to Remain
Method of Application: Nationality Checking Service, Edinburgh. (5th January 2016)
Date of Receipt by UKBA: tracking??
Date of Debit of Fees: waiting??
Date of Receipt of Acknowledgement: waiting??
Date of Biometric Letter Received: waiting?
Date of Biometric Registration: waiting??
Date of Receipt of Approval: waiting??
Date of Ceremony: waiting??

What is Better Than Freedom? Striving to Freedom is not an easy Task.

akhtar191
Newly Registered

Post by akhtar191 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:14 am

Eligibility Criteria: 5 Years + 1 Year Indefinite Leave to Remain
Method of Application: Nationality Checking Service, Bracknell. (3rd September 2015)
Date of Receipt by UKBA: 4th Spetmeber
Date of Debit of Fees: 16th Sept
Date of Receipt of Acknowledgement: 11th sept
Date of Biometric Letter Received: 18th sept
Date of Biometric Registration: 18th sept

gulcurm
Newly Registered

Post by gulcurm » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:02 pm

Eligibility Criteria: 5,5 Years + 1 Year Indefinite Leave to Remain
Method of Application: Nationality Checking Service, Leeds. (6th January 2016)
Date of Receipt by UKBA: waiting??
Date of Biometric Letter Received: waiting??

Malibu.B
Newly Registered

Re: My Naturalisation Application processing Timeline

Post by Malibu.B » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:24 pm

Malibu.B wrote:Application Timeline : Updates;
Eligibility Criteria: 10 Years Long Residence + 1 Year Indefinite Leave to Remain
Method of Application: Nationality Checking Service, Edinburgh. (5th January 2016)
Date of Receipt by UKBA: 6th January 2016
Date of Biometric Letter Received: waiting?

What is Better Than Freedom? Striving to Freedom is not an easy Task.

SandraArchangel
Newly Registered

Post by SandraArchangel » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:25 am

Hi All,

Is there anyone else applying from Cape Town South Africa? I have heard of people waiting 8 months. Some for 4 months and another 2 months. Can anyone assist with their waiting periods if applied in SA?

Eligibility criteria: UKM (decent by Mum, and born before 1983)
Method of application: Through a company called Move Up in Cape Town South Africa
Date of sent to Liverpool office: 1 September 2015
Date of receipt by UK Liverpool HO: 03/09/2015
Date of debit of fees: not sure as the funds were taken from Move Up but they confirmed it was taken
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Never received anything
Date of Biometric Enrollment: Received a letter dated 5 October 15 and had the (B/E) done 2 November 2015
Date of receipt of approval: Waiting
Date of Ceremony: Waiting

Will47786

Post by Will47786 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:43 am

SandraArchangel » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:25 am

Hi All,

Is there anyone else applying from Cape Town South Africa? I have heard of people waiting 8 months. Some for 4 months and another 2 months. Can anyone assist with their waiting periods if applied in SA?

Eligibility criteria: UKM (decent by Mum, and born before 1983)
Method of application: Through a company called Move Up in Cape Town South Africa
Date of sent to Liverpool office: 1 September 2015
Date of receipt by UK Liverpool HO: 03/09/2015
Date of debit of fees: not sure as the funds were taken from Move Up but they confirmed it was taken
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Never received anything
Date of Biometric Enrollment: Received a letter dated 5 October 15 and had the (B/E) done 2 November 2015
Date of receipt of approval: Waiting
Date of Ceremony: Waiting

I didn't apply from SA (I applied from Canada and sent it all over using a courier) however I did apply the same as you as a UKM born before 1983. I was asked via email by a caseworker on Dec 10 for a birth certificate that showed my parentage (my original old style Birth Certificate had none of that as the Province where I was born didn't issue birth certificates with that info when I was born). I obtained the required birth certificate and sent a scanned copy over on Dec 17th. The case worker confirmed its receipt on Dec 29th. Haven't heard anything since then. I sent over my original application and all the documents at that time which was approximately one month after you. I did my biometrics on Nov 3rd. It seems UKM applications may be a bit longer as they've got to confirm the parentage. Just my guess. Probably doesn't help you much SandraArchangel but I wanted to tell you how it's been going for me.

Will47786

Post by Will47786 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:48 am

Does anyone know if UKM applications take longer than others? Does it make a difference where you apply from? Ie Canada, South Africa, USA etc?? If anyone has any information they can share that would be appreciated. Thanks.

die_hard

Post by die_hard » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:24 pm

Application Timeline :
Method of Application: Nationality Checking Service, Harrow. (4th January 2016)
Date of Receipt by UKBA: 5th January 2016
Date of Biometric Letter Received: waiting??

SandraArchangel
Newly Registered

Post by SandraArchangel » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:29 pm

Will47786 wrote:SandraArchangel » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:25 am
I didn't apply from SA (I applied from Canada and sent it all over using a courier) however I did apply the same as you as a UKM born before 1983. I was asked via email by a caseworker on Dec 10 for a birth certificate that showed my parentage (my original old style Birth Certificate had none of that as the Province where I was born didn't issue birth certificates with that info when I was born). I obtained the required birth certificate and sent a scanned copy over on Dec 17th. The case worker confirmed its receipt on Dec 29th. Haven't heard anything since then. I sent over my original application and all the documents at that time which was approximately one month after you. I did my biometrics on Nov 3rd. It seems UKM applications may be a bit longer as they've got to confirm the parentage. Just my guess. Probably doesn't help you much SandraArchangel but I wanted to tell you how it's been going for me.
Thank you Will. Appreciate any feedback. Always good to know what other people are experiencing. Sad that it takes so long but i understand. I just don't like when friends of mine have received their replies already and sent off their apps the same time. They even had to submit other documents. I wonder if i should call them and ask if they require anything further. Maybe i missed an email. Thanks again Will and good luck to you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:34 pm

Can the members who applied using UKM or UKF please not have discussions in this thread which is for Timelines Only.

Please continue discussion bits in this thread (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aspirantmigrant
Newly Registered

Post by aspirantmigrant » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:02 pm

Update:

Eligibility criteria: 5 Years of Tier 2 + 15 months ILR
Language criteria met: LITUK Test + PBS Calculator printout for points earned on degree taught abroad
Method of application: NCS, Bristol
Date of application: 24/08/2015
Application Received: ??
Payment method: Cheque
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 10/09/2015
Date of acknowledgment email received: ??
Date of Biometric Letter received: 23/09/2015
Biometric Enrolment: 26/09/2015
Date approval received: 07/01/2016 dated 02/01/2016
Date of ceremony: 04/02/2016

Good luck to all those who are waiting!
Please update your info in the tracker, i certainly found it useful during my waiting period.

Antsmall

Post by Antsmall » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:20 pm

Will, what was the 'generic email address' that you used to contact VFS Global? I can't even find that, and their incredibly shoddy website won't let me book a biometric appointment even though they took my money (that is one part of their website which mysteriously works). Basically I have waited eight months for my citizenship by descent (not naturalisation, but same boat as far as the ghastly biometrics nonsense goes) and the only progress I've made so far is to donate ten pounds to VFS Global. They go out of their way to be uncontactable, just like most Home Office-related things appear to do.

Thanks very much for your help.
Will47786 wrote:When I dealt with VFS Global for the biometrics it was incredibly frustrating. They have an office in Vancouver. You've got to register on their site and it takes your money. Due to some technical issues I got charged twice. I had almost no way to contact them except through a generic email address as they don't list a phone number in Vancouver. A day or 2 after my email explaining the issue I got a call and an appointment was made for my biometrics to be taken. I also received emails indicating they couldn't find a record of my double payment for the biometrics. I provided that evidence via email. I went to Vancouver for my appointment and was assured that VFS Global would refund the second payment that was taken in error. I waited a week to ten days and still no refund on my credit card. Thankfully I explained the issue to my credit card company and they refunded the second payment. I looked up VFS and saw many people have experienced issues with VFS. The male who made my appointment by phone after my email about the double payment and not being able to register for the biometrics (meaning schedule an appointment on line as it was impossible to do) was very polite and helpful. He was the same person who took my biometrics on Nov 3rd. I don't know what the timeline is now for processing etc. The fee for the ceremony was charged to my credit card back in October shortly after the application package was received. Does anyone else have an info on what happens after the biometrics are obtained?? Specifically for those applying from Canada and or the USA? I tried to email the home office etc and only got automatic/generic type replies that clearly of no help.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:28 pm

CR001 wrote:Can the members who applied using UKM or UKF please not have discussions in this thread which is for Timelines Only.

(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Antsmall

Post by Antsmall » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:32 pm

I only replied to this thread because someone on it had mentioned an email address for contacting the VFS Global people and I can find no such email address; therefore I asked for that email address. I think this is relevant to everyone who has to deal with the VFS people, whether through naturalisation or registration, because we need to be able to contact them if (when) things to wrong.

I would be grateful if someone would provide this elusive VFS email address because it seems to be the only way of contacting this entity which both registration and naturalisation people will have to go through.

Will47786

Post by Will47786 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:36 pm

Postby Antsmall » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:32 pm

I only replied to this thread because someone on it had mentioned an email address for contacting the VFS Global people and I can find no such email address; therefore I asked for that email address. I think this is relevant to everyone who has to deal with the VFS people, whether through naturalisation or registration, because we need to be able to contact them if (when) things to wrong.

I would be grateful if someone would provide this elusive VFS email address because it seems to be the only way of contacting this entity which both registration and naturalisation people will have to go through.

Try this email address it might help. I used it and got a reply. Put the subject line of ATTENTION DUTY MANAGER. Keep sending them the same email until someone replies. I also put my phone numbers in the email as well and within 2 days I got a call and they helped me make an appointment in Vancouver to do my biometrics

UKVI.Feedback.ca@vfshelpline.com

I hope this helps for anyone else who has encountered issues with signing up for and getting biometric appointments with VFS Global. Let me know how it works out.

Will47786

Will47786

Post by Will47786 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:40 pm

On Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:34 am Char wrote;

Can the members who applied using UKM or UKF please not have discussions in this thread which is for Timelines Only.

Char
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I didn't realize that UKM or UKF applicants were only allowed to comment or ask questions etc on a completely separate thread. I see all others from numerous different applicants (of all categories) posting questions and comments here so unless there is some kind of policy here that specifically bars us 2nd class applicants because we're UKF and UKM I will continue to comment and seek answers. If there has to be a different forum or thread for each category of applicant it is a bit ridiculous. Thanks!!!

Antsmall

Post by Antsmall » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:44 pm

Thanks very much, Will, and good luck to us all! :) This is useful to all citizenship applicants abroad, whether by registration or naturalisation.
Will47786 wrote:
Try this email address it might help. I used it and got a reply. Put the subject line of ATTENTION DUTY MANAGER. Keep sending them the same email until someone replies. I also put my phone numbers in the email as well and within 2 days I got a call and they helped me make an appointment in Vancouver to do my biometrics

I hope this helps for anyone else who has encountered issues with signing up for and getting biometric appointments with VFS Global. Let me know how it works out.

Will47786

Will47786

Post by Will47786 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:47 pm

postby Antsmall » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:44 pm

Thanks very much, Will, and good luck to us all! :) This is useful to all citizenship applicants abroad, whether by registration or naturalisation.

Will47786 wrote:

Will47786

You're most welcome and I agree I hope it helps everyone. Its been 3 months since I submitted my documents and 2 plus weeks since I submitted something the HO requested. :)

Antsmall

Post by Antsmall » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:35 am

Thanks again!

In general (I say this after having poked about for a while on the VFS website), it seems that if you go to this page http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/Global/ and choose a country and then go to 'feedback and complaints', you will get a page like this
http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/Canada/feedb ... aints.html
(mutatis mutandis, obviously) which will hopefully provide the appropriate email address for the country in question. It is rather sneaky of them to hide this in 'feedback and complaints' but not make it available in 'contacts'. Anyway, I hope this helps anyone who has trouble booking their biometric appointment on the unreliable VFS website, no matter what their citizenship route is.