ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost Passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Taikuo
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

10 years in Tier 4 student visa

Post by Taikuo » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:58 am

Hi
Anyone could help me out, thank you very much
I came in the UK in Oct 2008. Almost 10 years now, trying to plan and apply ILR (LR), I have read a lot of the post here, and it has been so helpfull.
My question is that

1. 10 years on Tier 4 student visa is ok to apply for ILR(LR) right?

2. I lost one of my old passport, which is worth of 5 years of travel stamps from 2008-2013, luckily I have calucated all my days before i lost it, as I knew that I don't have many days left, so the last 2/3 years I have't left the UK much, apart from few weekend trips. I am confident that I haven't left the country for more than 540 days and no more than 180 days for any trip. But how would I prove it the HO, I can try get all the flight tickets, proof from the school that I have been in school for every term every year, Try get my information from Immigration office (but they only have the last 5 years isn't it). Doctors appoinments, these are the one that I can think of.

Thank you very much
Richard

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: 10 years in Tier 4 student visa

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:29 pm

you can also get entrance and leave history from UKVI, although they may not have such early record.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: 10 years in Tier 4 student visa

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:56 am

Taikuo wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:58 am
Hi
Anyone could help me out, thank you very much
I came in the UK in Oct 2008. Almost 10 years now, trying to plan and apply ILR (LR), I have read a lot of the post here, and it has been so helpfull.
My question is that

1. 10 years on Tier 4 student visa is ok to apply for ILR(LR) right?

2. I lost one of my old passport, which is worth of 5 years of travel stamps from 2008-2013, luckily I have calucated all my days before i lost it, as I knew that I don't have many days left, so the last 2/3 years I have't left the UK much, apart from few weekend trips. I am confident that I haven't left the country for more than 540 days and no more than 180 days for any trip. But how would I prove it the HO, I can try get all the flight tickets, proof from the school that I have been in school for every term every year, Try get my information from Immigration office (but they only have the last 5 years isn't it). Doctors appoinments, these are the one that I can think of.

Thank you very much
Richard
You might also need a police report as per the loss of your passport.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Taikuo
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Lost Passport

Post by Taikuo » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:26 pm

Hi
I lost one of my old passport which have my stamps. Without the passport how would I prove that I have not left the country for 540 days during my 10 year period. I am confident that I didn't leave more than 540 days. Please could someone give me some insight to my problem, thank you very much

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Lost Passport

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:02 pm

Topics merged!!

The advice from the two users who commented remains the same.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

peacefultraveller

Post by peacefultraveller » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:20 pm

Taikuo wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:26 pm
Hi
I lost one of my old passport which have my stamps. Without the passport how would I prove that I have not left the country for 540 days during my 10 year period. I am confident that I didn't leave more than 540 days. Please could someone give me some insight to my problem, thank you very much
A friend of mine was in this situation, the first and foremost thing they did was, draft out a chronology of events in a cover letter so that you can provide this alongside your application.

(1) you can include information such as the visa extensions you have done, the times they were granted for, from the date of entry to the UK till the day of your ILR application.

(2) you can also try to check your emails for any proof of your travels (such as tickets and bookings etc) for the entire period of your stay in the UK and include this with the cover letter with description of days outside the country etc

(3) you should also get proof of the your passport being reported lost and the evidence (or some of sort of evidence) and the issue of the new passport

(4) write to home office and get a SAR, it may cost you a small fee, which may give you the entry and exits of the airports, sometimes it may not

(5) you can also get a some evidence from your academic institutions to show the stretch of the what you have been doing etc and proof of your stay ( your gp may also be able to provide a letter, if you have been registered with them till date)

(6) bank statements for the entire period of missing passport can also help you too, in tracking down the days and as proof of subtle evidence

try to get your information in the covering letter, in a presentable manner but don't write a 10 page cover letter

Hope this helps and good luck :wink:
No Borders. No Nations. No Flags. Free Citizens of Planet Earth.

Taikuo
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Post by Taikuo » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:24 pm

peacefultraveller wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:20 pm
Taikuo wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:26 pm
Hi
A friend of mine was in this situation, the first and foremost thing they did was, draft out a chronology of events in a cover letter so that you can provide this alongside your application.

(1) you can include information such as the visa extensions you have done, the times they were granted for, from the date of entry to the UK till the day of your ILR application.

(2) you can also try to check your emails for any proof of your travels (such as tickets and bookings etc) for the entire period of your stay in the UK and include this with the cover letter with description of days outside the country etc

(3) you should also get proof of the your passport being reported lost and the evidence (or some of sort of evidence) and the issue of the new passport

(4) write to home office and get a SAR, it may cost you a small fee, which may give you the entry and exits of the airports, sometimes it may not

(5) you can also get a some evidence from your academic institutions to show the stretch of the what you have been doing etc and proof of your stay ( your gp may also be able to provide a letter, if you have been registered with them till date)

(6) bank statements for the entire period of missing passport can also help you too, in tracking down the days and as proof of subtle evidence

try to get your information in the covering letter, in a presentable manner but don't write a 10 page cover letter

Hope this helps and good luck :wink:
Thank you so much for this info, I will do my best to collect them, one question is that did your friend manage to get approved at the end, thanks

peacefultraveller

Post by peacefultraveller » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:56 am

They did not approve his application on the same time frame, but when this information was further sent in, my friend received the approval within 3 weeks of submission. (but my friend's situation and yours could be different - what I am saying is that, as long as you provide enough information that would help the case workers to provide a better result for you, than just dismissing your application).

If you have access of obtaining your HMRC information, you can add them too, like tax you paid and employment history etc, speak to HMRC, they will send this to you via post.
No Borders. No Nations. No Flags. Free Citizens of Planet Earth.