ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost BRP (for ILR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

taekyungp
Newly Registered
Korea South

Lost BRP (for ILR)

Post by taekyungp » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:06 am

Hi,

I'm South Korean with UK ILR. I'm currently visiting home and due to fly back to England in 2 days. I've lost my BRP due to my own fault and only just realised it.
I tried contacting the embassy in Korea, unfortunately they can only advise British citizens. I've tried contacting various immigration advisory services here and they advised that I should board the flight and explain at the border control about my situation.
They also said that a BRP replacement entry visa can take from 5-15 days and having only 2 days will not be sufficient enough to come up with a solution. Unfortunately, I'm in middle of a family crisis and will be in the hospital the day before my departure so not sure if on the day appointment/application is possible for me.

Long story short, Is it feasible to enter the UK with a copy of my BRP? Do I need a police report (Although it wasn't stolen) when I apply for BRP Replacement. I'd be grateful for any advice.

Many thanks

vinny

Re: Lost BRP (for ILR)

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:19 am

If the airline lets you board the plane, then you should be okay at the border.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.