ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Funds in ISA - to meet Financial criteria - Spouse ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tripas33
India

ILR for Spouse - English Langauage - University Degree

Post by tripas33 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:41 pm

Hello Friends,
My wife will be applying for ILR in couple of months. For her last 2 Spouse visa applications she used her university degree to prove knowledge of English Language. The first application for UK visa was made in 2015. As per my understanding , since her last UK visa applications were successful , she can use the same university degree for to meet Knowledge of English Language criteria for her ILR also. Please correct me if I am wrong ?

Thanks,
Reg,
Tripas

tripas33
India

ILR for Spouse - Absence from UK due to COVID

Post by tripas33 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:47 pm

Dear Friends,

Are there any relaxations for stay outside of UK in the last 2 years when applying for Spouse ILR due to COVID pandemic. My wife could not enter UK due to lock down and grounding of flights due to the pandemic as a result her stay outside UK has exceed over 12 months (continuous absence). Do you think she will get an exemption on this due to COVID ?

Thanks,
Reg,
Tripas

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for Spouse - Absence from UK due to COVID

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:12 pm

tripas33 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:47 pm
Dear Friends,

Are there any relaxations for stay outside of UK in the last 2 years when applying for Spouse ILR due to COVID pandemic. My wife could not enter UK due to lock down and grounding of flights due to the pandemic as a result her stay outside UK has exceed over 12 months (continuous absence). Do you think she will get an exemption on this due to COVID ?

Thanks,
As advised in September when you asked, there have been flights. As also previously advised, if she holds a spouse settlement visa, there is no absence limit.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/absence-from ... l#p1942211
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for Spouse - English Langauage - University Degree

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:13 pm

tripas33 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:41 pm
Hello Friends,
My wife will be applying for ILR in couple of months. For her last 2 Spouse visa applications she used her university degree to prove knowledge of English Language. The first application for UK visa was made in 2015. As per my understanding , since her last UK visa applications were successful , she can use the same university degree for to meet Knowledge of English Language criteria for her ILR also. Please correct me if I am wrong ?

Thanks,
If it is a foreign degree, she needs ukvi red route naric, English and comparable assessment. If a UK degree, no problem.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tripas33
India

Post by tripas33 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:12 pm
tripas33 wrote:
Dear Friends,

Thanks,
As advised in September when you asked, there have been flights. As also previously advised, if she holds a spouse settlement visa, there is no absence limit.

There were flight however the travel document for our second baby who was born out of UK was not processed and it got delayed due to lock down of UK visa offices. She flew back to the UK as soon as the travel document was issued by the home office. Will this reason help to support her extended stay outside of the UK ?

If the Home office refuse to grant the ILR will they issue an extension visa as an alternative or one will need to apply separately after the refusal ?
Reg,
Tripas

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:21 pm

????????????

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:12 pm
tripas33 wrote:
Dear Friends,

Thanks,

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

tripas33
India

Funds in ISA - to meet Financial criteria - Spouse ILR

Post by tripas33 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:11 pm

Hello Friends,

Can I used Funds bought through the ISA account for Spouse ILR application ?
If yes ,what documents I need to submit ?
The value of funds had a good dip due to pandemic and then recovered recently so if I send the valuation statement for each month for the last 12 month period how will HO determine the value ?

Thanks,
Reg,
Tripas