ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ask for document after decision email

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

garrick
- thin ice -
India

Letters from Employer

Post by garrick » Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:39 pm

Hello, my wife will be soon applying for ILR via 5 years on skilled work visa route. We wanted to know letters required from employer. I believe only letter required is about current employment status, salary and role required for near future. But, i also saw some posts mentioning letter for leaves during last 5 years. Is it mandatory to have this letter about leaves?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Letters from Employer

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:04 pm

garrick wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:39 pm
Hello, my wife will be soon applying for ILR via 5 years on skilled work visa route. We wanted to know letters required from employer. I believe only letter required is about current employment status, salary and role required for near future. But, i also saw some posts mentioning letter for leaves during last 5 years. Is it mandatory to have this letter about leaves? Yes, letter to indicate all the leaves while in their employment were approved by the employer.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:48 am

garrick wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:39 pm
Hello, my wife will be soon applying for ILR via 5 years on skilled work visa route. We wanted to know letters required from employer. I believe only letter required is about current employment status, salary and role required for near future. But, i also saw some posts mentioning letter for leaves during last 5 years. Is it mandatory to have this letter about leaves?
No.

All you need to know about the sponsor letter for Skilled Worker route
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

garrick
- thin ice -
India

Post by garrick » Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:44 am

Hello, I have received mixed answers to my query above. Can someone please provide right answer.

Waseem432000
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Waseem432000 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:00 am

I don’t believe you need an extra letter to confirm the holidays. That can be confirmed in the same letter. The letter I got from our HR states the following.

1. Job title, SOC code, employment start date, salary.
2. Confirmation that there is no end date of employment and I am required for foreseeable future at the same job.
3. Confirmation that I am allowed 30 days of annual paid leave and all of the holidays taken during my employment have been approved by the employer.

I have only just submitted my application and may not have a decision till end of the month but HR said that this is the standard letter issued to the other employees in recent past so should be fine.

garrick
- thin ice -
India

Post by garrick » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:11 am

Thanks Waseem for sharing your experience. How should we get salary increments included in letter i.e salary increase every year over last 5 years or do we just meed to mention latest salary and soc code? My wife is with only one employer for all 5 years but has different SOC codes based on roles she performed.

Waseem432000
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Waseem432000 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:39 am

I believe (again my own letter as reference) that the letter just needs to mention the current salary and SOC code. As HO doesn't even require letters from the previous employers anymore (not valid in your wife's case anyway) so I highly doubt they need all the salary records and previous SOC codes.

Hopefully, admins and senior members can guide you further on this.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:59 am

garrick wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:44 am
Hello, I have received mixed answers to my query above. Can someone please provide right answer.
Read the link I posted. All advice in that link is as per the immigration rules. Your problem is listening to others without paying any attention to the rules in place. The immigration system is strictly based on the rules in place. What others claim here should be ignored, if they do not match the rules :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

garrick
- thin ice -
India

query about SET(O) application for spouse and over 18 son

Post by garrick » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:16 am

Hello, I am in process of submitting SET(O) application for my wife as she will be eligible for ILR soon. My son who is 20 years old is also eligible to apply for ILR along with her. When I add my son on my wife’s SET(O) application, it didnot ask information about his life in UK test. Is it that I have to submit separate SET(O) form for him as he is above 18?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

query about SET(O) application for spouse and over 18 son

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:57 pm

garrick wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:16 am
Hello, I am in process of submitting SET(O) application for my wife as she will be eligible for ILR soon. My son who is 20 years old is also eligible to apply for ILR along with her. When I add my son on my wife’s SET(O) application, it didnot ask information about his life in UK test. Is it that I have to submit separate SET(O) form for him as he is above 18?
He needs to apply on his own :!:

garrick
- thin ice -
India

Re: query about SET(O) application for spouse and over 18 son

Post by garrick » Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:41 pm

thanks Zimba but if my son fills separate SET (O) form, what will he enter in sponsor’s info ( license number, salary etc)? How will he link his application with my wife’s ILR application? Please note that my son is currently on dependent visa linked to my wife being main applicant. He is not working and in full time university education.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:01 pm

garrick wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:41 pm
thanks Zimba but if my son fills separate SET (O) form, what will he enter in sponsor’s info ( license number, salary etc)? How will he link his application with my wife’s ILR application? Please note that my son is currently on dependent visa linked to my wife being main applicant. He is not working and in full time university education.
He applies as a dependant. There is no need to enter any sponsor details (they are NOT sponsored by an employer). You do not need to link anything. UKVI has all the history and information on their systems

garrick
- thin ice -
India

Post by garrick » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:06 pm

Sorry Zimba, can you please confirm which form he needs to fill? can you send me the link? I am not sure if there is any SET(O) form for dependent ILR.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:33 pm

He completes form SET (O), he is the main applicant in the form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

garrick
- thin ice -
India

Post by garrick » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:47 pm

Hi CR001, Zimba is saying to apply as dependent and you are saying to apply as SET(O) main applicant. I am bit confused. Can you send me the link for the right form please.

garrick
- thin ice -
India

Post by garrick » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:50 pm

There is another form at this link to apply as dependent on the link

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1688580816

please confirm.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:06 pm

garrick wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:47 pm
Hi CR001, Zimba is saying to apply as dependent and you are saying to apply as SET(O) main applicant. I am bit confused. Can you send me the link for the right form please.
He applies using SET(O) as a DEPEDNANT of a skilled worker. He will be the main applicant. You simply become the main applicant when you apply on your own (i.e. you are the only applicant). Dependant does NOT mean that you should be added to someone's application. Dependant refers to their visa route !

The other link is for people under the family route ONLY and does NOT apply to him

garrick
- thin ice -
India

Post by garrick » Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:00 am

Thanks Zimba and CR001. I have another query for a question in SET(O) form about date you first entered UK. My wife and son moved to UK as ICT dependent in August 2014. My wife moved to Tier 2 General in September 2018 and did entry clearance from India. My son moved to her dependent in UK. Shall I enter September 2018 as date of entry to UK for my wife and August 2014 for my son?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:30 am

garrick wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:00 am
Thanks Zimba and CR001. I have another query for a question in SET(O) form about date you first entered UK. My wife and son moved to UK as ICT dependent in August 2014. My wife moved to Tier 2 General in September 2018 and did entry clearance from India. My son moved to her dependent in UK. Shall I enter September 2018 as date of entry to UK for my wife and August 2014 for my son?
That date does not matter. ILR eligibility is not determined based on that date

garrick
- thin ice -
India

Life in UK test result not available

Post by garrick » Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:55 pm

hello, My son has given life in uk test today at 1 pm at hounslow center. He was verbally told the result but didn’t get any email with reference number. His test account also does not show any result. It has been 3 hours but no information. Generally email is sent within 5-10 minutes after the test. Has anyone faced such delay in the past?

Manjeet007
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Life in UK test result not available

Post by Manjeet007 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:37 pm

The first step should be call or email the designated helpline options and asked them for explanation Hopefully they will reply and sort it out✌️

garrick
- thin ice -
India

Post by garrick » Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:50 pm

not sure if there is any helpline number. I called up test center and they also dont know what to do as their system shows my son has passed the exam but no email so far with ref number.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:10 pm

garrick wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:50 pm
not sure if there is any helpline number. I called up test center and they also dont know what to do as their system shows my son has passed the exam but no email so far with ref number.
This is not an immigration-related query. We cannot often help with administrative issues. I suggest seeking help from the centre

garrick
- thin ice -
India

Post by garrick » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:53 pm

I am surprised that you are saying this is not immigration query!! Life in uk test is important part of ILR so how come it is not important? You dont consider responding to issues related to biometric appointment as an administrative issue so how come result of test become administrative issue?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:56 pm

garrick wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:53 pm
I am surprised that you are saying this is not immigration query!! Life in uk test is important part of ILR so how come it is not important? You dont consider responding to issues related to biometric appointment as an administrative issue so how come result of test become administrative issue?
Administrative immigration procedures are not the same. If their website stops working, how can we help you ???
Administrative procedures are known but the admin issues with a test centre or UKVCAS are not related to the rules or immigration procedures