ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Discretionary Leave to Permanent Residence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:17 am

Well i suspect moderators are humans too. They also have busy lives and offer service to the forum without any renumeration whatsoever other than the fulfillment they are helping others.
I never disputed your argument, i simply asked that you provide a source if you can.

In any case, i don't believe my contribution may have resulted in any loss to the OP.

We are all hear to contributed to the forum, help and if possible learn from each other.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

jimkam

Post by jimkam » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:28 pm

Obie wrote:Well i suspect moderators are humans too. They also have busy lives and offer service to the forum without any renumeration whatsoever other than the fulfillment they are helping others.
I never disputed your argument, i simply asked that you provide a source if you can.

In any case, i don't believe my contribution may have resulted in any loss to the OP.

We are all hear to contributed to the forum, help and if possible learn from each other.
Thank you sooo much for all your contributions. It does help to know something before approaching a solicitor for help as they can sometimes use the complexity of your case to hike up fees. I really appreciate it.

jimkam

Post by jimkam » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:31 pm

Greenie wrote:
Obie wrote:Well i believe the OP's case will be dealt with according to the law that exist on the day of his application. As the rules have changed and the SOS no longer grants 3 years DLR, i suspect he will only be able to obtain 30months when he lodges a new application.

I know the HSPM Judicial review people succeed in using legitimate expectation argument, which OP may succeed in, but as things stand i suspect his new application will have to be dealt with in accordance with the existing rules.
If my assessment is wrong, please explain why you think it is.

I understand transitional rules apply to application lodged before July, but i am not sure , it does to new application.
i am sorry but i don't think it is unreasonable to expect a moderator on this forum to take the time to look through the available information on this forum or to undertake a simple Google search, rather than continuing to give incorrect information.

Google 'discretionary leave transitional arrangements' and and you will find the relevant ukba document
Thank you so much for your contribution, very much appreciated! Which application form should I use for my application for a further DLR? Thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:34 pm

Obie, Yes, I know and sympathize. Even with knowledge of the appeal laws I just commented in another thread on the prospect of an appeal for a general visit visa. I completely disregarded what I already know. Luckily anther member was able to spot this and correct it.

Friends, that is the best part of a forum. Minor (or major) misdirections can be challenged and corrected. I think it's wonderful. I feel quite sad when I see or suspect that members are discussing their circumstances in private, and therefore not open to correction. It's the least helpful aspect of the forum software.

jimkam

Post by jimkam » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:59 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Obie, Yes, I know and sympathize. Even with knowledge of the appeal laws I just commented in another thread on the prospect of an appeal for a general visit visa. I completely disregarded what I already know. Luckily anther member was able to spot this and correct it.

Friends, that is the best part of a forum. Minor (or major) misdirections can be challenged and corrected. I think it's wonderful. I feel quite sad when I see or suspect that members are discussing their circumstances in private, and therefore not open to correction. It's the least helpful aspect of the forum software.
I found this response from the UKBA after a freedom of information act request. Please find and read the attached PDF document.
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/a ... s_received