ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HAD PR APPLICATION APPROVED WHEN RELYING ON EHIC CARD ONLY?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

HAD PR APPLICATION APPROVED WHEN RELYING ON EHIC CARD ONLY?

Post by nonspecifics » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:50 pm

UKBA have recently - and grudgingly it seems, accepted that EHIC cards are acceptable as proof of Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (CSI).

However, they argue ( see page 17 of EEA2 form June 2011 ) that EHIC cards are for temporary cover. They ask EEA2 applicants to sign a declaration that their stay is temporary.

EHIC cards are listed as CSI cover on the EEA3 Permanent Residence forms.

Has anyone had their PR application approved when relying solely on EHIC cards only as proof of CSI?

Or has anyone had their application rejected due to lack of CSI when they had EHIC card/s for the whole five years ?

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:34 am

just a quick question mate.. do the cards have to be issue outside the UK or can we use UK issued cards too for eea3-4?

Many Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:01 am

Punjab wrote:just a quick question mate.. do the cards have to be issue outside the UK or can we use UK issued cards too for eea3-4?

Many Thanks
Outside the UK

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:36 am

Jambo wrote:
Punjab wrote:just a quick question mate.. do the cards have to be issue outside the UK or can we use UK issued cards too for eea3-4?

Many Thanks
Outside the UK
Thanks Jambo again

dormice

Post by dormice » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:22 pm

I have been accepted with an EHIC, but mine did not cover for a full 5 years as I have also worked, so my EHIC was to cover a period of 4 months followed by work then followed by 18 months on the EHIC.

I hope this helps!

zheni

Post by zheni » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:39 pm

EHIC has to be issued outside of the UK, as stated on the EUROPA website. The logic is that the student is covered for medical expenses by their home country and they need (in theory) to show the card every time they visit a doctor.

I think that they accept EHIC cards, I don't think that people are expected or can afford to be insured in 2 countries.

Personally, I think the whole thing with CSI is a mess. UKBA caseworkers are instructed that applicants have the right to access NHS services after 12 months residence in the UK but then again they are advised to refuse if there have not been any CSI cover.

I had an 'issue' with this CSI-I am a student, an A2 national, have been since 2007 and am due to apply for PR soon. About a year ago I noticed that the PR form asks for CSI and the Immigration Regulations 2006 request it...but I do not have it, BR1 in 2007 did not require me to have it. I asked UKBA what exactly am I expected to do and the reply from Sheffield was that I do not need it to qualify for PR. The reply from Liverpool was that I do need it and I do not qualify, ironically replies were dated 5 days one from the other.
A week later, they put the transitional arrangements in place.

I think EHIC is an alternative to CSI, so it there should not be a problem.

zahirsona

Post by zahirsona » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:17 pm

zheni wrote:EHIC has to be issued outside of the UK, as stated on the EUROPA website. The logic is that the student is covered for medical expenses by their home country and they need (in theory) to show the card every time they visit a doctor.

I think that they accept EHIC cards, I don't think that people are expected or can afford to be insured in 2 countries.

Personally, I think the whole thing with CSI is a mess. UKBA caseworkers are instructed that applicants have the right to access NHS services after 12 months residence in the UK but then again they are advised to refuse if there have not been any CSI cover.

I had an 'issue' with this CSI-I am a student, an A2 national, have been since 2007 and am due to apply for PR soon. About a year ago I noticed that the PR form asks for CSI and the Immigration Regulations 2006 request it...but I do not have it, BR1 in 2007 did not require me to have it. I asked UKBA what exactly am I expected to do and the reply from Sheffield was that I do not need it to qualify for PR. The reply from Liverpool was that I do need it and I do not qualify, ironically replies were dated 5 days one from the other.
A week later, they put the transitional arrangements in place.

I think EHIC is an alternative to CSI, so it there should not be a problem.
just quick question please i have my EHIC and my partner have EHIC can the UKBA accept this card or not this card vilid for 5 year
Zkhan

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:18 pm

I believe EHIC is intended to cover emergency treatment whiles on a visit. It does not cover Self Sufficient people or people who moved to the UK for the purpose of receiving medical treatment
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

zahirsona

Post by zahirsona » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:28 am

Obie wrote:I believe EHIC is intended to cover emergency treatment whiles on a visit. It does not cover Self Sufficient people or people who moved to the UK for the purpose of receiving medical treatment
My partner living in Uk last 5 year and she have EHIC I send my application on 23rd January 2012 but I not send this card and one more I am still waiting for my COA I send them email but the ukba reply me
Your request to forward to team where your application located
Zkhan

melcu

Post by melcu » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:49 am

My EU husband had only 3 months of not working time during our 5 year period of exercisingTtreaty rights. Our EHIC cards are not covering that gap. We phoned the UKBA office and they told us that it was a very short period and there is nothing to worry about. Anyone experienced something like that? Is that really won't affect for qualifying?