ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does not make sense....

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aaa123
BANNED

Does not make sense....

Post by aaa123 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:32 pm

I am wondering why people living in India and Pakistan, earning such high salaries so that they are able to satisfy Tier 1 point based system (referring specially to salary points under the new system) are willing to give Tier 1 a go and come here albeit ever worsening economy situation here in UK.

UK job market is really volatile at the moment and 'risking' a running job (in India or Pakistan) and come here... does not make sense!!!!!

Any comments.....

push

Re: Does not make sense....

Post by push » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:37 pm

aaa123 wrote:I am wondering why people living in India and Pakistan, earning such high salaries so that they are able to satisfy Tier 1 point based system (referring specially to salary points under the new system) are willing to give Tier 1 a go and come here albeit ever worsening economy situation here in UK.

UK job market is really volatile at the moment and 'risking' a running job (in India or Pakistan) and come here... does not make sense!!!!!

Any comments.....
Just as people continue to invest in stock markets or risky assets like commodities. Its is a matter of an individual's risk appetite and return expectation.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

aaa123
BANNED

Re: Does not make sense....

Post by aaa123 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:22 am

push wrote:
aaa123 wrote:I am wondering why people living in India and Pakistan, earning such high salaries so that they are able to satisfy Tier 1 point based system (referring specially to salary points under the new system) are willing to give Tier 1 a go and come here albeit ever worsening economy situation here in UK.

Any comments.....
Just as people continue to invest in stock markets or risky assets like commodities. Its is a matter of an individual's risk appetite and return expectation.
So, are, generally, numbers for Tier 1 applications from India & Pakistan fallen in recent times?!

sapvish

Post by sapvish » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:20 am

Well cant say if its reduced or increased. Some ppl come to UK just to experience life in UK ... Its not monetery gains allways..

iceCold

Post by iceCold » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:37 am

I worked in India for the first 5 years of my career. Back then had friends who were studying/working in UK and had heard so much UK and Europe. So I decided to relocate to UK along with my wife for 5 years and do some travelling within Europe while we are young. Its been 3 years in UK now and we have seen so much of UK/Europe and made some very good friends here. We are very glad we made that move. Many reasons to come here, its not always about the money.