ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Average CV Processing Time

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

arinpun
Newly Registered

Average CV Processing Time

Post by arinpun » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:02 am

I don't expect to get an offer from India , but at least I expected few interview/enquery call from India.

I have taken a UK skype number and done a call forwarding. But still didn't get any call from UK for last 15 days. I have been applying at least one job offer each day.

By back ground is SAP ABAP and have good profile (at least not bad w.rt. India I can say). I do see few new jobs each day, but no luck for me.

Just wanted to know what is the average processing time for CV processing ? I'm getting neither positive nor any negative response.

Do you have any idea what could be the reason ? Or do you have any suggestion to improve the scenario ?

godfatherdon

Post by godfatherdon » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:09 am

Depends on the employer requirement. Compared to INDIAN hiring process usually it take loads of time in UK till you start getting replies for your CV.

so have patience mate !! :P

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:49 pm

Patience is key and an excellent CV is your trump card. Just remember that like you, there are even more people living locally in the UK hunting for jobs and applying for the same set of roles you are applying to.
For the recruiter, the key differentiating point is whose CV stands out, how much of the overall experience is actually valid to the opening and how quickly the person is available.

So just applying for a role is absolutely no guarantee of being called. Do remember that recruiters here, well most of them, dont have technical expertise to gauge how good you are. These agents just work on basis of what the company has told them, they look for certain key words from 1000s of applicants, call maybe 20 of them and shortlist about 5. It's only these 5 profiles that the actual employer really looks at - so you see, someone really good may have been filtered out by an agent who knows nothing of the role merely because the CV did not meet certain criteria set.

Hence, always make sure you have a great CV, clearly display relevant skills and absolutely no kiddish stuff or typos - all these are small things but get missed out which is why we have excellent techie guys sitting and wondering why they dont get called when they are one of the best in the market :-)

KP

arinpun
Newly Registered

Post by arinpun » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:49 am

Thanks a lot Godfatherdon and KP for your advices. That's really helpful.

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:23 pm

as KP mentioned, it all depends on the skills you carry and how well you present your CV to the employer or recruiter.

CV is the ACE! and how you play your cards ( interviews), It can take 2 weeks to 1 and a half months to get a perm job .Also while applying for jobs, apply only if you carry the skills mentioned in the JD and matches the requirements that you have done in the past.

Recruiters here in UK are pretty much non techincal, so they match keywords and filter out cvs, and yes they are scummy at times!