ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) success at Sheffield

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

d_seng
Newly Registered

SET(M) success at Sheffield

Post by d_seng » Sun May 12, 2013 2:36 pm

Hello all,

I obtained ILR on the basis of spouse visa at Sheffield PEO.

I live in Twickenham (Greater London) and went to Sheffield owing to lack of appointments at Croyon PEO.

Timeline:
  1. Arrived at 08:30 for 09:00 appointment
  2. Welcomed at reception window at 08:40, very politely
  3. Collection of documents and cursory check at 08:45, again very politely
  4. Payment at 09:00, even though my card got declined due to a security check, I used another card eventually but the nice lady at the counter kept saying "Sorry about that sir!"
  5. Biometrics at 09:30, took 15 minutes since the scanner wouldn't work, the nice young man at the counter kept chatting with me in the meanwhile
  6. Called to a window at 10:15 saying that ILR has been granted and returned me all the original documents and Home Office letter. I'm just waiting for the Biometric Card now.
So all in all less than two hours! In the feedback form I gave them top rating on courtesy and informativeness, I had to. I then took the earlier train back to London and saved 7 hours!

I got Spouse Visa in June 2011 in country. After that we had moved to our new house in August 2011 so there was a change in address.

Documents enclosed (+photocopies):
  1. Application Form
  2. Photographs
  3. My and my wife's British passport
  4. Letter from my wife stating that she supports the application (wasn't sure if it was still needed now but I still gave it)
  5. Marriage Certificate
  6. Life in the UK Certificate (passed in April 2011)
  7. Council Tax Bill (old address and new address) *joint names
  8. Mortgage Offer letter (old address) + Mortgage Statements (new address) *joint names
  9. Gas/Electricity Bill *joint names
  10. Last two DVLA vehicle tax reminders(old + new address), Driving Licenses, Driving License Counterparts, V5C documents *individual names
  11. NHS Cards (old address + new address) *individual names
  12. Bank Statements within 1 month, I gave one statement for every three months from June 2011 - Jan 2013 but submitted the whole of last three months. My latest statement did not arrive in time so I got it printed by my branch *individual names
  13. Mine and my wife's payslips for last three months, stamped by HR *individual names
So all in all a very pleasant experience. Hope it helps anybody who may wish to apply for SET(M).

Best Wishes,
Dhruva