ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Brother applying under Family of Settled Person

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

deepblue
Newly Registered

Brother applying under Family of Settled Person

Post by deepblue » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:54 am

Hi
I am a British citizen having naturalised recently. I have just discovered that adult relatives (my brother) can apply under Family of Settled Person to live and work in the UK. Is this true? If not, is there any way for him to come and live in the UK?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Brother applying under Family of Settled Person

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:05 am

He can, but it is one of the most difficult visas to get and refusal rates are almost 100%. We only know of about 2 or three approvals since the rules changed in July 2012.

Have a look at 2.2 in the attached guidance :

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... FM-6.0.pdf

If he qualifies for any other visa (Tier 2 or Tier 4) he is of course free to apply if he follows the process involved with each and gets sponsorship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.