ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR DEPENDENT

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nigelha3355
Newly Registered

ILR DEPENDENT

Post by Nigelha3355 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi Gurus

What is difference in FLR (M) and PBS Dependent application? I am switiching from Tier-2 to ILR but my dependent cannot ( less than 5 years). Just want to know what is difference?
Can we apply in any of above category for dependent?

Thanks.

Nigel

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR DEPENDENT

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:58 pm

FLR(M) is a spouse visa for those married to someone who has ILR or is British.

PBS Dependent is the spouse of someone on Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 4.

If you apply for ILR based on 5 years residence Tier 2 General, then your spouse can continue to extend the PBS Dependent visa until the meet the requirements for ILR.

If you apply for ILR based on 10 years long residence, then your spouse only has the option to switch to FLR(M), which will reset their clock to zero and a new 5 year residence period before they will qualify for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nigelha3355
Newly Registered

Post by Nigelha3355 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:04 pm

Thanks CR001. That was quick

So that means if i apply her with FRL(M), her settlement counting will be reset to zero and she has to wait another 5 years.

I am applying ILR on 5 years from Tier -2, so i have to continue with PBS dependent if i dont want to loose her counting.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:19 pm

Nigelha3355 wrote:Thanks CR001. That was quick

So that means if i apply her with FRL(M), her settlement counting will be reset to zero and she has to wait another 5 years. Yes, she cannot combine time spent on PBS dependent with time on FLR(M) to make up 5 years.

I am applying ILR on 5 years from Tier -2, so i have to continue with PBS dependent if i dont want to loose her counting. Correct. She will get a 3 year extension and will also have to pay £600 immigration health surcharge.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.