ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Checklist - Have I covered everything ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wak9001

Checklist - Have I covered everything ?

Post by wak9001 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:33 pm

Hey guys :) I have come across this forum and found some amazing stuff and help, so thank you first off all. I got married in October to my wife who is from Pakistan and have made a checklist, I am soon to apply for her visa and wanted to make sure I covered everything.

Firstly I am on PIP so exempt from the £18,600 requirement.

My documents:
- My PIP entitlement letter, I get enhanced mobility and carers allowance
- Copy of passport
- I work part time and am on 15100 a year, so around £1100 after tax, provide 6 months payslips
- 6 months bank statements showing PIP and wages come in
- Savings of £10,000 (can I use this)
- Letter from employer
- Land registry document and authorisation from my parents as I live home with them
- Airline confirmation of 3 years me going to visit her in Pakistan and stamps from passport to show entry and exit
- Whatsapp conversation screenshots from January as I lost my phone prior to this
- After marriage I have been ringing her more often and also messaging, so add screenshot of calls from October to the date I submit application
- Money receipts of funds I have sent her since married in October

My wife's documents:
- Copy of passport
- Copy of ID card
- Marriage certificate original and translated
- Wedding photos and wedding invitation card
- English test certificate and TB test certificate (do these need to be originals) ??

Just a few questions, my salary changed from £13300 to £15100 a few months ago and I have letters at every stage from my employer confirming the change, as my payslips will have a different gross salary, should I get my employer to explain this in the letter they do for me ??

Do the HO also take Working Tax Credits as a source of income ? not sure if I should add this to the application.

I also wanted to know if screenshots of whatsapp conversations that show date would suffice and same with calls I have made since October when I got married ?

Lastly I have been told by some people I need to show 6 months of money recipts and phone logs after marriage which seems odd. I think the conversation and the fact I have visited last 3 years to see her, shows we have seen and communicated constantly.

P.S - I'm thinking of going down the fast track route as I really miss her :cry: :cry: , i've been told timeframes are the same, getting mixed messages.

Thanks for all your help in :)

Casa

Re: Checklist - Have I covered everything ?

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:46 pm

wak9001 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:33 pm
Hey guys :) I have come across this forum and found some amazing stuff and help, so thank you first off all. I got married in October to my wife who is from Pakistan and have made a checklist, I am soon to apply for her visa and wanted to make sure I covered everything.

Firstly I am on PIP so exempt from the £18,600 requirement.

My documents:
- My PIP entitlement letter, I get enhanced mobility and carers allowance
- Copy of passport
- I work part time and am on 15100 a year, so around £1100 after tax, provide 6 months payslips
- 6 months bank statements showing PIP and wages come in
- Savings of £10,000 (can I use this) No, as only savings over £16,000 will be considered.
- Letter from employer
- Land registry document and authorisation from my parents as I live home with them
- Airline confirmation of 3 years me going to visit her in Pakistan and stamps from passport to show entry and exit
- Whatsapp conversation screenshots from January as I lost my phone prior to this
- After marriage I have been ringing her more often and also messaging, so add screenshot of calls from October to the date I submit application
- Money receipts of funds I have sent her since married in October

My wife's documents:
- Copy of passport Your wife must submit her original passport, not a copy.
- Copy of ID card
- Marriage certificate original and translated
- Wedding photos and wedding invitation card
- English test certificate and TB test certificate (do these need to be originals) ?? Yes

Just a few questions, my salary changed from £13300 to £15100 a few months ago and I have letters at every stage from my employer confirming the change, as my payslips will have a different gross salary, should I get my employer to explain this in the letter they do for me ?? Yes

Do the HO also take Working Tax Credits as a source of income ? not sure if I should add this to the application. Not accepted

I also wanted to know if screenshots of whatsapp conversations that show date would suffice and same with calls I have made since October when I got married ? Yes

Lastly I have been told by some people I need to show 6 months of money recipts and phone logs after marriage which seems odd. I think the conversation and the fact I have visited last 3 years to see her, shows we have seen and communicated constantly.

P.S - I'm thinking of going down the fast track route as I really miss her :cry: :cry: , i've been told timeframes are the same, getting mixed messages. Not a great deal of difference.

Thanks for all your help in :)
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

wak9001

Post by wak9001 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:56 pm

Thank you for your prompt reply casa :)

The only thing i forgot to mention is that I use the mobility element of the allowance for a motability car which has been adapted for me, so this won't show on my bank statement.

Shall I get a letter from Motability or would I be OK to use the letter i got from the dealer when the car was purchased.

Thanks again

wak9001

Post by wak9001 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:56 pm

Hey guys

Sorry to trouble you all, just wanted to know if someone can clarify the above for me around the mobility component being used for a motability car, do I need to get anything from them or will my car lease documents be enough ??

Also have I missed anything to the checklist or should I add anything to make my case stronger ??

Many thanks again

Abk786
Newly Registered

Post by Abk786 » Tue May 01, 2018 6:00 pm

Hi, i saw you post on the Timelines thread. My timeline is the same but I havent received the documents back from them yet, have you?

Abk786
Newly Registered

Post by Abk786 » Tue May 01, 2018 6:02 pm

Please do reply when you see this would be really appreciated.

P.s. my application is also priority.

Many Thanks