ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP WITH WITHDRAWAL OR RECONSIDERATION

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Uche
Newly Registered
Nigeria

HELP WITH WITHDRAWAL OR RECONSIDERATION

Post by Uche » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:06 am

I applied for FLR(FP) on June 2017 after our marriage in UK. NOTE: (visa has expired before marriage, due to uncontrollable circumstances).
My application was held for over 1 year. when we had a baby I sent the certificate to the home office as additional support. Caseworker ignored the baby's birth certificate, and refused my application.
After 2 weeks I received a letter with the birth certificate, telling me that my application was decided already.
I sent a letter telling him to reconsider my application due to the baby involved.
one month latter, I received a letter from another HO staff, who wrote that my case has been passed to him and he will reconsider my application, but there's no time frame to do that.
I have sent pictures and documents as evidence of my commitment to the baby but no reply.
It is now over six months and I called the HO but she said my case is still pending and there's no time limit for consideration.
It currently seem to me that they just dump my application there, and would not reconsider it. reconsideration should be faster than fresh application.
Is it right to ask for withdrawal and then reapplying again, because no time limits seems like no reconsideration at all....please help

nanak72
Newly Registered

Re: HELP WITH WITHDRAWAL OR RECONSIDERATION

Post by nanak72 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:36 am

Don't please. Wait. I had same problem. I posted same on this platform and got no advice just like haven't.
Home office yesterday have withdrawn the appeal hearing and have promised to grant me. Wait. I suggest you go to court if you have to. Don't waste money. You'll win

Obie
Ireland

Re: HELP WITH WITHDRAWAL OR RECONSIDERATION

Post by Obie » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:50 pm

If you were given appeal rights, then exercise it, as this provides a potential pathway to success.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors