ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Landlord won't issue no objections letter without my wife on tenancy agreement?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tsharp1093
Newly Registered

Landlord won't issue no objections letter without my wife on tenancy agreement?

Post by tsharp1093 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:12 pm

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance for your help.

My wife (a US citizen) is currently applying for a family visa.

In order to satisfy the accommodation requirement, I've already had my property inspected and have a copy of the tenancy agreement.

However, upon asking my letting agent to sign a no objection letter on behalf of my landlord, they refused, stating that my wife would need to be on the tenancy agreement before they could complete the letter.

In order to get her on the tenancy agreement, they want her to go through "referencing", which includes right to rent checks - obviously, she doesn't currently have the right to rent as she doesn't yet have a visa, so she will automatically fail the referencing checks.

So, essentially - we need proof of accommodation so she can get a visa, but if my letting agent stands firm, she can't get proof of accommodation UNTIL she has a visa - it's a bit of a paradox.

Any advice?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Landlord won't issue no objections letter without my wife on tenancy agreement?

Post by seagul » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:06 pm

They are partially correct but still can issue noc letter because you are not requesting them to add her on tenancy agreement. For issuing noc letter the referencing isn't needed and they can even issue noc letter stating that your partner will be allowed to live once issued with visa as part of right of rent check.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

tsharp1093
Newly Registered

Re: Landlord won't issue no objections letter without my wife on tenancy agreement?

Post by tsharp1093 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:49 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:06 pm
They are partially correct but still can issue noc letter because you are not requesting them to add her on tenancy agreement. For issuing noc letter the referencing isn't needed and they can even issue noc letter stating that your partner will be allowed to live once issued with visa as part of right of rent check.
That's what I thought - maybe my agent has gotten mixed up and thinks the letter is akin to a tenancy agreement.

I'll call tomorrow and clarify the situation to see if I have any luck!

Thanks for your help.

ningakid99
Newly Registered

Post by ningakid99 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:36 am

Hi, any updates regarding this? Im currently stuck in the same mud and cant think of anyway around it.