ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Correspondence 5 month gap FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kamana
Hong Kong

Correspondence 5 month gap FLR(M)

Post by Kamana » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:46 am

Hi Moderators
I have a 5 month gap which I do not have any letters/ bills for my partner for FLR(M) application (the gap is towards the end of first year), otherwise i can provide letter and bills with 2-3 months gap with bills addressed to either one of us or both.
We both have bills from 6 different sources addressed to us individually, and from 2 sources addressed to both of us. In total bills from 8 sources.
Will the 5 month gap for my partner will create a problems?

Do i need to provide the photos we have taken together?

Do i need to send the chat logs and proof of communications we had for past two years.

(Ps. We had two babies in the past 3 years. I hope that will satisfy the caseworker.)

Thanks

matt_murdoch
Newly Registered

Re: Correspondence 5 month gap FLR(M)

Post by matt_murdoch » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:30 pm

Hi

I can't speak for others, but we also had a good 5-6 month gap, although had letters before and after. I supplied this, along with an explanation in the cover letter and that did not cause any issues, especially as you are being thorough with using different sources etc.

Chat logs are not necessary for an extension.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:16 pm

Kamana wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:46 am
Hi Moderators
I have a 5 month gap which I do not have any letters/ bills for my partner for FLR(M) application (the gap is towards the end of first year), otherwise i can provide letter and bills with 2-3 months gap with bills addressed to either one of us or both.
We both have bills from 6 different sources addressed to us individually, and from 2 sources addressed to both of us. In total bills from 8 sources.
Will the 5 month gap for my partner will create a problems?

Do i need to provide the photos we have taken together?

Do i need to send the chat logs and proof of communications we had for past two years.

(Ps. We had two babies in the past 3 years. I hope that will satisfy the caseworker.)

Thanks
Usually a gap of 3-4 months doesnt cause any issue but you can follow to matt_murdoch by adding covering letter if you will totally not being able to search anything with name, date and address on it for that duration.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Kamana
Hong Kong

Post by Kamana » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:19 pm

Thank you very much Seagul. Your comment here made me realise I can download the monthly online credit card statements from 2014. Before I was only concentrating on the original correspondences I have received by post for the last 2 years. Phew...
Can I print those statements at home and show at the appointment or do I need ask the bank to send the copies of the past statements by post?
Thanks again Seagul :D

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:08 pm

Kamana wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:19 pm
Can I print those statements at home and show at the appointment or do I need ask the bank to send the copies of the past statements by post?
If you print yourself then get them stamped by the bank or ask the bank to send you copies by post.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.