ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

champion

Post by champion » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:38 pm

champion wrote:Guys I am back I was very busy at work and feel bad coming on this thread as i didnt had any communication from BIA.

Guess I will have something to add to this forum in this week.
I got a letter thios morning from BIA stating my application is successfull
waiting for a more formal invitation letter
I will update my details in couple of days

SK1

Post by SK1 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:49 pm

champion wrote: I got a letter thios morning from BIA stating my application is successfull
let me be the first one to congratulate you Champion. I know what a struggle it's been for you.

You were right about getting something in the post this week.

Hope you get everything sorted soon.

Once again, well done mate.

SK1

SK1

Post by SK1 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:52 pm

UKArgie wrote:
UKArgie wrote:
UKArgie wrote:Update:

NCS or Postal: NCS
If NCS: Brighton Registry Office
Date of submission or posting: 8th May 2007
CRITERIA - EU Passsport, excersisng Treaty rights, 5 years + 1 Year ILR (According to new rules asfrom 30 April 2006)
Date of receipt of Documents at HO: 09/05/2007
Date of debit: 29/05/2007
Date of letter of acknowledgement: 29/05/2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 02/06/2007
Date of Approval: 15th June 2007
Date of receipt of approval: 21st June 2007
Date of receipt Ceremony Invitation:21st June 2007
Date of Ceremony: 18th July 2007
Date of appln. for passport: will do next week

Had my ceremony, very nice,Mum was here and allmy work colleagues and then we went to Brighton Marina for a nice lunch and the sun came out very nice day..

:D :D
:lol: Good on you UKArgie, now you got 3. Better get a safe for all those passports mate.

Glad you had a great time celebrating.

Cheers

SK1

champion

Post by champion » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:48 pm

SK1 wrote:
champion wrote: I got a letter thios morning from BIA stating my application is successfull
let me be the first one to congratulate you Champion. I know what a struggle it's been for you.

You were right about getting something in the post this week.

Hope you get everything sorted soon.

Once again, well done mate.

SK1
Thanks

ruevy
Newly Registered

Post by ruevy » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:48 pm

NCS or Postal : Postal
Date of submission or posting : 01 June 2007
CRITERIA - 6years ILR
Date of cheque clearance: 11 June 2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 04 June 2007
Date of receipt of approval :
Date of receipt of invitations :
Date of Ceremony :
Date of appln. for passport :
Method used :
Date of Receipt :

Angel
Newly Registered

Post by Angel » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:45 am

champion wrote:
champion wrote:Guys I am back I was very busy at work and feel bad coming on this thread as i didnt had any communication from BIA.

MANY CONGRATULATIONS CHAMPION!!!

champion

Post by champion » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:53 am

Angel wrote:
champion wrote:

MANY CONGRATULATIONS CHAMPION!!!
Thanks Angel

AD
Newly Registered

Post by AD » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:40 am

Have just received good news from the home Office...

Application submitted by Post, 5 yrs ILR
Date of posting - 21st April 07
Credit Card debited on 10th May 07
Acknowledgement received on 14th May 07
Approval received on 28th July 07 (letter dated 25th July)

Angel
Newly Registered

Post by Angel » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:10 am

AD wrote:Have just received good news from the home Office...

Congratulations AD!

champion

Post by champion » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:31 am

Angel wrote:

Congratulations AD!
Congrates AD,
Quick ques for everyone.
I recd a letter from HO saying my application is successfull but they asked me to wait for the invitation letter.
I called up solihull council and asked them to book for aug ceremony but they said they havent got my records on their system.
It is that once they get my records on their system they will send me a questionare and I have to give them my preference date and then they will book me for ceremony.
I want to go out of the country in Sep and i need to have passport by then ohh god just missing by few days or £100 for private ceremony

HHH99

Anyone heard of this

Post by HHH99 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:24 pm

Hi All:

Here's my case:
Method of Submission: NCS
Reason for applying: 10 years of legal stay and 1 year of ILR
Date of Submission: 04.05.07
Date of acknowledgment and payment: 29.05.06

Now the strange part to date I haven't heard anything from them in such a really long time I just gave'em a call to find out what's going on apparently they've made a decision on the 18th of June and I still haven't heard from them I asked her what the decision was and she said she can't say that over the phone and apparently my file's on layby as the decision has been made I'm really nervous does this sound like they've rejected my claim

Firm Believer
Newly Registered

Post by Firm Believer » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:05 am

champion wrote:
Angel wrote:

Congratulations AD!
Congrates AD,
Quick ques for everyone.
I recd a letter from HO saying my application is successfull but they asked me to wait for the invitation letter.
I called up solihull council and asked them to book for aug ceremony but they said they havent got my records on their system.
It is that once they get my records on their system they will send me a questionare and I have to give them my preference date and then they will book me for ceremony.
I want to go out of the country in Sep and i need to have passport by then ohh god just missing by few days or £100 for private ceremony
Congratulations on the good news.

The council will contact you in relation to your citizenship ceremony. They will outline the options (private or group ceremony), available dates, method of confirmation i.e swearing or oath of allegiance etc in which you will be asked to state your preference. Do allow a few days for the records from the HO to reach the council as there does appear to be some time lag if my case was anything to go by.

If you are desperately in need of your "new passport" it might make sense to plump for the additional cost of the private ceremony. Do bear in mind that you will also need to factor in the cost for the "quick" (one week) service passport application and the extra time scales should you be required to attend an interview as a first time applicant.

Hope this helps and all the best for the rest of the process.

maveli62

Post by maveli62 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:05 am

Do bear in mind that you will also need to factor in the cost for the "quick" (one week) service passport application and the extra time scales should you be required to attend an interview as a first time applicant.
I think they stopped the "quick Service" for first adult passport

Firm Believer
Newly Registered

Post by Firm Believer » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:22 pm

maveli62 wrote:
Do bear in mind that you will also need to factor in the cost for the "quick" (one week) service passport application and the extra time scales should you be required to attend an interview as a first time applicant.
Not when I applied last month. What they had stopped was the same day service.

champion

Post by champion » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:27 pm

Firm Believer wrote:
maveli62 wrote:
I dont think they had a same day service for 1st time passport
The 1 week passport service for st time adult PP is stopped
the earliest is fro check N Send but as someone pointed out (guess John) that 1st time adult is always 3 weeks

Firm Believer
Newly Registered

Post by Firm Believer » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:44 pm

champion wrote:
Firm Believer wrote:
maveli62 wrote:
the earliest is fro check N Send but as someone pointed out (guess John) that 1st time adult is always 3 weeks
I guess the idealogy that "change is constant" rings absolutely true when starting the naturalisation process. No one week is exactly the same :lol:

UKArgie
Newly Registered

Post by UKArgie » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:04 pm

SK1 wrote:
UKArgie wrote:
UKArgie wrote:
UKArgie wrote:Update:

NCS or Postal: NCS
If NCS: Brighton Registry Office
Date of submission or posting: 8th May 2007
CRITERIA - EU Passsport, excersisng Treaty rights, 5 years + 1 Year ILR (According to new rules asfrom 30 April 2006)
Date of receipt of Documents at HO: 09/05/2007
Date of debit: 29/05/2007
Date of letter of acknowledgement: 29/05/2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 02/06/2007
Date of Approval: 15th June 2007
Date of receipt of approval: 21st June 2007
Date of receipt Ceremony Invitation:21st June 2007
Date of Ceremony: 18th July 2007
Date of appln. for passport: will do next week

Had my ceremony, very nice,Mum was here and allmy work colleagues and then we went to Brighton Marina for a nice lunch and the sun came out very nice day..

:D :D
:lol: Good on you UKArgie, now you got 3. Better get a safe for all those passports mate.

Cheers

SK1

Applied for passport today..... :wink:
76 quid includinf the check and send service and secure return of supporting documents :shock:

SK1

Post by SK1 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:09 pm

Firm Believer wrote:
champion wrote:
Firm Believer wrote:
maveli62 wrote:
I guess the idealogy that "change is constant" rings absolutely true when starting the naturalisation process. No one week is exactly the same :lol:
I applied for my first British passport at the beginning of July and didn't use the "Check and Send" at the PO. I just sent it via special delivery. I got my passport (and my wife's one) exactly 8 days later delivered to my doorstep. No interviews, no delays. Maybe I was just lucky...

SK1

Post by SK1 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:11 pm

UKArgie wrote:
SK1 wrote:
UKArgie wrote:
UKArgie wrote:

Cheers

SK1

Applied for passport today..... :wink:
76 quid includinf the check and send service and secure return of supporting documents :shock:
Yep, its just about the money, hey. At least after this you can use your money on more stuff for your car.... :wink:

Good luck, UKArgie

UKArgie
Newly Registered

Post by UKArgie » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:56 pm

[quote="SK1]
Yep, its just about the money, hey. At least after this you can use your money on more stuff for your car.... :wink:

Good luck, UKArgie[/quote]

Lol, thise 76 quid make no difference, compared to all the costs! And talking about my car I send about 400 quid on it lately :shock: :shock:

Firm Believer
Newly Registered

Post by Firm Believer » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:09 pm

SK1 wrote:
Firm Believer wrote:
champion wrote:
Firm Believer wrote:
I applied for my first British passport at the beginning of July and didn't use the "Check and Send" at the PO. I just sent it via special delivery. I got my passport (and my wife's one) exactly 8 days later delivered to my doorstep. No interviews, no delays. Maybe I was just lucky...
Highly probable that you were. Only 8 days!! You sure you're not "connected" :lol: Only kiddin. Good on you though.

UKArgie
Newly Registered

Post by UKArgie » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:14 pm

Firm Believer wrote:
SK1 wrote:
Firm Believer wrote:
champion wrote: I dont think they had a same day service for 1st time passport
Highly probable that you were. Only 8 days!! You sure you're not "connected" :lol: Only kiddin. Good on you though.
Waw, onl;y 8 days? I applied today via check and send, see how long it takes :lol:

maveli62

Post by maveli62 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:52 pm

I foolishly opted for check and send at PO and I can tell you it is not worth it. all they did is took the three forms( wife daughter and me) and put it into 3 different plastic covers and charged 21.00 for that. the reciept says there is no gurantee that the passport ofice will accept the photos or that the application is correctly filled. so my advise is iif there are more than one application then don't use this service.

SK1

Post by SK1 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:10 pm

maveli62 wrote:I foolishly opted for check and send at PO and I can tell you it is not worth it. all they did is took the three forms( wife daughter and me) and put it into 3 different plastic covers and charged 21.00 for that. the reciept says there is no gurantee that the passport ofice will accept the photos or that the application is correctly filled. so my advise is iif there are more than one application then don't use this service.
Good thing I just posted mine normally....and still got a great turnaround... :lol:

UKArgie
Newly Registered

Post by UKArgie » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:30 pm

maveli62 wrote:I foolishly opted for check and send at PO and I can tell you it is not worth it. all they did is took the three forms( wife daughter and me) and put it into 3 different plastic covers and charged 21.00 for that. the reciept says there is no gurantee that the passport ofice will accept the photos or that the application is correctly filled. so my advise is iif there are more than one application then don't use this service.
I am glad I did, she checked everything on my application form very thouroughly, ticked the boxes and put a check stamp on the application.
I had forgotten to fill in my parents names, dates of birth and date of their marriage, so it was good it was checked.

You may have got a lazy one doing yours. I would not complain about £7 after having spent more than 800 quid on the whole process and As I was sending my 2 other uncancelled passports and my certificate I did not want anything to get lost.