ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

march_ilr

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by march_ilr » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:25 pm

hi senior members!

THIS IS URGENT

I got my ilr approved last week. I have a travel plan to go back home in october this year. Could someone please confirm me from their experience if my son can travel overseas and safely come back to Uk with his existing overseas passport. We could not apply for his MN 1 Yet.

The issue is: My son can not apply for this mn1 now as we are struggling to get the professional reference. School is closed and GP has refused to give reference. Since the condition on mn1 form is someone needs to know my child on professional capacity and also need to know him personally, therefore, all professional refused to sign.

Don't know what to do.. :cry:

PLEASE ADVISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Applied for FREEDOM on the 20th March

IShahzad
Newly Registered

Post by IShahzad » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:30 pm

No shah g
I didn't ring home office but I am just expecting it to be arriving nowadays.

Thanks for your response

Regards
Shahzad

ILRwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by ILRwaiting » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:34 pm

We've applied under SET(O) 10 years lawful residence in April 2014. Now (Aug 2014) got invitation for an interview to Liverpool HO. Has anyone been to one of those interviews recently? Are they common for SET(o) applications? What are normally the questions or what you have been asked? I got interview at the morning and my wife later same day.
Last edited by ILRwaiting on Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bigboy86

Post by Bigboy86 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:37 pm

hi guys
need some advice
i had a gap in my 10 years long residency of about 90 days,
but i have proofs that it wasn't my fault and i am fighting the case

i have given my case to BUKHARI CHAMBERS to fight the case for me.
does anyone have any comments about this solicitor
would really appreciate

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:01 pm

ILRwaiting wrote:We've applied under SET(O) 10 years lawful residence in April 2014. Now (Aug 2014) got invitation for an interview to Liverpool HO. Has anyone been to one of those interviews recently? Are they common for SET(o) applications? What are normally the questions or what you have been asked? I got interview at the morning and my wife later same day.
Hi

but application under 10 years routes should me made by Form ILR(LR).If u applied under 10 years u send wrong form.I never heard about interview.If any member heard about interview at Home Office or has experience plzz share.

Regards

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:09 pm

march_ilr wrote:hi senior members!

THIS IS URGENT

I got my ilr approved last week. I have a travel plan to go back home in october this year. Could someone please confirm me from their experience if my son can travel overseas and safely come back to Uk with his existing overseas passport. We could not apply for his MN 1 Yet.

The issue is: My son can not apply for this mn1 now as we are struggling to get the professional reference. School is closed and GP has refused to give reference. Since the condition on mn1 form is someone needs to know my child on professional capacity and also need to know him personally, therefore, all professional refused to sign.

Hi bro
u can ask any accountant to sign.i think it will work one of my friend ask his accountant friend to sign,
as far as i know u must change ur son visa before u travel Shahjee and other senior members plzz give advice to March_ilr
best of luck and hope issue will be resolved soon
Regards

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:52 pm

NasirNNN wrote:
march_ilr wrote:hi senior members!

THIS IS URGENT

Hi bro
u can ask any accountant to sign.i think it will work one of my friend ask his accountant friend to sign,
as far as i know u must change ur son visa before u travel Shahjee and other senior members plzz give advice to March_ilr
best of luck and hope issue will be resolved soon
Regards
Hi march_ilr,
I fully agree with Nasir Bahi, as far as I know these should be sorted out before you travel. Mind it he is still on the dependent status of your previous visa, which obviously he is not any more. As Nasir Bahi suggested an Accountant can sign MN1 that shouldn't be a problem. But my brotherly advice is to sort it out before you travel. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:55 pm

For attaching photographs with form what type of small envelope is good, paper/plastic made. Can a small resealable plastic bag fine like im below link:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=small+ ... AUoAQ#i=12

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:06 pm

cool mind wrote:For attaching photographs with form what type of small envelope is good, paper/plastic made. Can a small resealable plastic bag fine like im below link:
HI Coolmind ,

yes ofcourse it should be alright any one should be okay as there is no specific bags required from HO ...plastic clear resealable plastic bags r fine as the purpose of this bag is to nothing just to protect and hold the photograph as they are very small in sizes and there is no option to paste it any where in the application form so should be okay ....please make sure that you put your full name and date of birth on the back of the photograph ..

hope its helps ,

Regards ,

Shah Akaram

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm

IShahzad wrote:

Post man just been through but unfortunately no post today again.
Ahhh Wait is on.
Hi IShahzad,
It is your and khan_81 turn by the looks of it. Time line is suggesting that it is due any time. I know that is the hardest time to kill, when you know you are almost there. But once you receive it (hopefully soon INSHALLAH) than you know that all that wait was well worth it. Not to worry still Friday and Saturday left in the week, so we will expect to hear good news soon. Keep us posted mate. Praying for you and others.
Kind regard
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:13 pm

NasirNNN and Shahkakaram really appreciate your kind words, I am flattered :lol:
Kind regards
Shahjee

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:15 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:
cool mind wrote:For attaching photographs with form what type of small envelope is good, paper/plastic made. Can a small resealable plastic bag fine like im below link:
HI Coolmind ,

yes ofcourse it should be alright any one should be okay as there is no specific bags required from HO ...plastic clear resealable plastic bags r fine as the purpose of this bag is to nothing just to protect and hold the photograph as they are very small in sizes and there is no option to paste it any where in the application form so should be okay ....please make sure that you put your full name and date of birth on the back of the photograph ..

hope its helps ,

Regards ,

Shah Akaram
thanks for reply but in instructions no where written about writing the date of birth on the back of photographs, :shock: only name need to write

khanzada123

Post by khanzada123 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:17 pm

Accountant and solicitor can sign MN1 form.4 months ago my friend was facing same issue but he took it to Accountant and signed it.He put covering letter along with it and mentioned that I been to Gp they refused it ...been to minister of religion he refused on the basis he knows me but dont no my child....called health visitor she refused to to do on the basis she was the health visitor for that time period only when the kid born......so I tried my best and accept my child applicatio.........so that was my friend experience and the application was accepted. ..few of my friends did the same....this is minor application they dont make a big deal of it.....but make sure u write covering letter with it....

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:20 pm

shahjee12345678910 11 and so on so on .... let me join them too .... you are big help to this forum stick around as long as u can .............. I joined this forum whn i was planning to apply Tier 1 ... so i applied ... got refused ... Challenged the decision ... Won in court but still trying my best to help as many people i can on Tier 1 Ent but i do follow ur post quietly and i am sure many more like me doing same and never mention this on forum :)

keep the good work u r star

regards
shahjee1234 wrote:NasirNNN and Shahkakaram really appreciate your kind words, I am flattered :lol:
Kind regards
Shahjee
ILR Applied: 11-04-2014
Biometric Done: 01-05-2014
Approval Received: 20-08-2014 (Letter Dated: 18-08-2014)
BRP Received: 21-08-2014 (Valid from: 18-08-2014)

Alhamdulillah now enjoying my FREEDOM

Got British Passport December 2015

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:36 pm

Hi Wonderful people

I am back to this forum after 2 weeks when I did receive my ILR . I have a Question On 29th July 2014 I sent my ILR Letter copy , Full Passport copy , a copy of my BRP and a covering letter to Home Office requested them to decide my wife FLR (M) which was on hold. 2nd Week underway and nothing received . Does anyone have any idea how long it takes after main applicant's ILR is approved. and also is there any contact No of HOME OFFICE to get an update on my Wife's FLR (M).
Thanks in advance for help.

Regards. M S KHAN

wik
Newly Registered

Post by wik » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:37 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
IShahzad wrote:

Post man just been through but unfortunately no post today again.
Ahhh Wait is on.
Hi IShahzad,
It is your and khan_81 turn by the looks of it. Time line is suggesting that it is due any time. I know that is the hardest time to kill, when you know you are almost there. But once you receive it (hopefully soon INSHALLAH) than you know that all that wait was well worth it. Not to worry still Friday and Saturday left in the week, so we will expect to hear good news soon. Keep us posted mate. Praying for you and others.
Kind regard
Shahjee
I am also expecting. I applied on 24th march- biometric on 7th april
simple and straight forward application. all record clear... waiting and waiting..

Bigboy86

Post by Bigboy86 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:52 pm

sams99 wrote:Hello All,

My ILR got rejected today the problem out of time application as HO was unable to deduct money from my card in previous application. Hence 2 Months Gap introduced .... result refusal.

Moral of story always send Postal Order along your application.

Best of luck to all who are waiting, and I shall keep you all posted as things unfold for me later on.

hi sams99
i have exactly the same situation as yours but when my first app got rejected back in 2009 i went to my bank and got a letter stating that i had enough funds in the account and there was no attempt from HO to take the money.
i have given my case to solicitor to apply on my behalf so that i can be prepared if it gets rejected
my solicitor told me that with the normal application for set lr they will also register a complaint against home office decision back in 2009 so that they can gather them from both ends, she also told me to go to my mp make a sad face and tell mp to write to home office about their inhuman behaviour.

please keep me updated with whatever ur outcome will be i have also pm you with my number if you need any help.

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:37 pm

cool mind wrote:
Shahkakaram wrote:
HI Coolmind ,

hope its helps ,

Regards ,

Shah Akaram
thanks for reply but in instructions no where written about writing the date of birth on the back of photographs, :shock: only name need to write
@ Cool mind,

Then simply :lol: write the name at the back only :D
:P :P :P

r u the main applicant or your spouse ? i will say :) don't make your life difficult to worry about these unnecessary things ...try to make it simple ....simply don't need to worry about bags ...hope this is not that first time you are applying for visa at home office ..... :P :D ..

regards ,

S .Akaram

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:59 pm

ILRwaiting wrote:We've applied under SET(O) 10 years lawful residence in April 2014. Now (Aug 2014) got invitation for an interview to Liverpool HO. Has anyone been to one of those interviews recently? Are they common for SET(o) applications? What are normally the questions or what you have been asked? I got interview at the morning and my wife later same day.
@ ilr waiting ,

Thanks for you update but yes after reading your post so many question arises :-

why did you fill set(o) form if you are applying on the basis on Long residency ...it should be SET(LR) ?

and also according to my limited knowledge i have heard that those who are applying for ILR through HSMP route where you need to complete five years according to the terms and condition of the visa you can apply for SET(0) AND i know few cases on this forum under set(o) or other category that HO has invited applicant for an interview to ask few question regarding their income and other ....but we never heard that interview has been called for 10 years Long residency set(lr) cases .

Can you just share some more information about your case that under which circumstances you have submitted set(o) form on April 2014 Under 10 years long residency category ...

Or shah jee or Amber can help you in this regard ....

Regards ,
S.Akaram

rajamahbub

SET (M)

Post by rajamahbub » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:44 pm

Just a quick update about my wife's SET(M).

We had PEO yesterday at Croydon for my wife's Indefinite and it's a successful one. My wife got two years FLR(M) on 4th June and not two and half years but the case worker insisted on that time that she has to wait five years to get indefinite. But I took my chance and it was a good one.

I hope all of you who are waiting have a good result.

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:50 pm

mskhan78 wrote:Hi Wonderful people

I am back to this forum after 2 weeks when I did receive my ILR . I have a Question On 29th July 2014 I sent my ILR Letter copy , Full Passport copy , a copy of my BRP and a covering letter to Home Office requested them to decide my wife FLR (M) which was on hold. 2nd Week underway and nothing received . Does anyone have any idea how long it takes after main applicant's ILR is approved. and also is there any contact No of HOME OFFICE to get an update on my Wife's FLR (M).
Thanks in advance for help.

Regards. M S KHAN
Hi mskhan

i received my ILR on 29/07/14.i had sent my ILR approval letter,passports copies and BRP copy yesterday they reeived it today.but i checked special delivery reference no it say it's on way we will receive tomorrow.need ur prayers.Hopefully u will receive soon.Contact no is same as for update on all cases 03001232241

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:53 pm

@redrosekhan: Congratulations on getting ILR :) Bro please search about the English Language assessment and check list of approved certificates.

For PEO, pay online and also fill in the payment page on the actual form with the same card you used to book peo. Otherwise you will be waiting a good while and people in queue behind you will not be happy.

Regarding documents, each section of form has got hints about which supporting documents will be required. For employment category, you do need to submit 6 months payslips and bank statements and preferably an employee letter. Your own passport, BRP also need to be submitted.

You also need to satisfy the proof of cohabitation requirement. Alot of options which include tenancy agreements bills utility bills gp letters council tax etc covering last 2 years (from date of application). Also don't forget your marriage certificate. :P

According to new rules introduced on 6th April, your wife cannot combine the previous PBS dependent leave to qualify for ILR. I wonder which Appendix and Part 8 have you read?!! :shock: Please make sure to check the latest July versions and apply using July version of FLR M.

I am sharing the link of documents to submit for FLR M and other related discussions. Do read through them. Feel free to ask anything as I too went to PEO on 28th July for my FLR M.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1066979

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &e=1069667

You can join us on our Facebook page included in the above links.
redrosekhan wrote:hello friends
i got my ilr 10 years long stay reisdency on 25 july 2014.
now planning to apply for my Mrs FLR(M).my income is above 19,000 what documents do i need to submit with the case iam going to PEO .my mrs passed her B1 test from trinity college is it ok? as FLR(M) requirment is A1 but she got B1 from trinity.?will that make any difference. i will also submit years bills on my name and her name.do we need any bank statment ??? is there any requirement for FLR(M) to show that we have funds available etc?????
also if any one tell me can i got for SET(M) once she get FLR(M).she is living in UK since 2006 and spend more then 6 years as a PBS dependent.,tier 4 dependent ,psw dependent,tier1 dependet,and still she is on tierl 1 dependet valid until 2016.
i checed appendex fm and immigration rules part 8 there is nothing in these rules to stop her from claiming her old pbs time
please some one reply.

aurnoc

Re: SET (M)

Post by aurnoc » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:55 pm

rajamahbub wrote:Just a quick update about my wife's SET(M).

We had PEO yesterday at Croydon for my wife's Indefinite and it's a successful one. My wife got two years FLR(M) on 4th June and not two and half years but the case worker insisted on that time that she has to wait five years to get indefinite. But I took my chance and it was a good one.

So so lucky!! Many congratulations :)

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:56 pm

Shahjee and all members

just wanted to update my wife FLR(M) decision is on it's way.as i tracked special delivery reference no it's say on it's way.
need ur prayer's guys hopefully get 2 years visa according to old rules.
Shahjee do they mention in approval letter that it's 2 year visa or 2.5 years or we need to wait for BRP to find out visa is according to old rules or new rules?

best of luck to all of those who are waiting for their decisions.

Regards

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Re: SET (M)

Post by NasirNNN » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:01 pm

rajamahbub wrote:Just a quick update about my wife's SET(M).

raja sahab congrats its very good news

so ur all sorted welldone and best of luck for future

remember in ur prayers