ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jacki121
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by jacki121 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:42 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
jacki121 wrote:Hi To all Members,

I recieved my documents and approval today on 10 yrs LR basis.

timeline:

Applied on : 25/03/2014
Bio enrolled: 12/04/2014
Approval on: 08/08/2014
BPR to be delivered soon!

there are one questions remaining:

my wife became British citizen 8 months ago so for naturalization i don't have to wait for another 12 month and i can apply immediately am i right?

thanks a good luck to everyone.
Hi jacki121,
First of all congratulations on your ILR approval.
As far as I know her British nationality has no effect on your ILR. You have to go through the process of naturalisation and wait for another year to apply for British passport. I hope it helps.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Hi Shahjee,

Thanks for your reply and wishes.

i had a vague idea that i can however i will ask the opinion of other members cos in naturalization section and HO website it doesn't mention any time limit as long as your spouse is British and you have ILR.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 95747.html

thanks alot.

masha
United Kingdom

Post by masha » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:38 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
masha wrote:Hi Guys

Congratulations to those who got their ILR. N best of luck to those who are waiting like me. I have been a silent reader for a long time.
I applied on 25 march still waiting....!! I sent them a letter back April to expedite my case due to ill health of my dad. So they replied me back on 17 July that they will process the case as per the sequence of the order applications were received unless there are compelling circumstances. As per the information on page 695 725 cases were sent in Mar 2014. As per database most of the March cases are approved. I am really worried how many more march cases are still waiting.?
Hi masha,
Don't worry your self, there are still quite a few march applicants to go. Your timeline is fine, expect to receive the good news any time. I know these final days are very frustrating, but stay focused and you know patience is the virtue. My prayers and best wishes with you mate. Give us the good news soon.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Thanks Shahjee May ALLAH bless you today Jackie got his as well so congratulations to him

ik_aam_insaan

Post by ik_aam_insaan » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:48 pm

timeline:

my wife became British citizen 8 months ago so for naturalization i don't have to wait for another 12 month and i can apply immediately am i right?

Yes you can apply for naturalisation . My friend did the same he got his approval.
Date of App: 07/04/2015
Date of Receipt by UKVI: 08/04/2015
Date of Fees taken: 29/04/2015
Date of Acknowledgment: 07/05/2015
Date of Biometrics Received and Done: 07/05/2015
Date of Approval: 21/09/2015 received ( 23/05/2015)
Date of Ceremony:

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:13 pm

masha wrote:Hi Guys

Congratulations to those who got their ILR. N best of luck to those who are waiting like me. I have been a silent reader for a long time.
I applied on 25 march still waiting....!! I sent them a letter back April to expedite my case due to ill health of my dad. So they replied me back on 17 July that they will process the case as per the sequence of the order applications were received unless there are compelling circumstances. As per the information on page 695 725 cases were sent in Mar 2014. As per database most of the March cases are approved. I am really worried how many more march cases are still waiting.?
There will be plenty of march applicant..time duration is not same for all application. It all depend on case nature of applicant and also on case workers who look at it..some case workers make mountain out of a mole..some are too dumb while some are very quick in make decisions

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:27 pm

[/quote]

Hi Nasir Bahi,
See told you it will be 2 years as you applied at the right time, well done, well deserved. As you said now is the final hurdle of SET(M), go for it Nasir Bahi, and hopefully INSHALLAH you will have smooth sailing.
Once again many congratulation to you and your Mrs. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
P.S. Although I am watching my waistline, but you know well that SWEET( MITAHIE) is on you :lol:
[/quote]

Shahjee thank you so much for ur prayers and help.Allah give u rewards.Really happy that first major hurdle is out of way will concentrate on SET(M).thanks for best wishes
MITAHIE any time shahjee give me ur address i can post it to you i am even ready to give treat :D
Allah Bless U
Remember in ur prayers

Ukilr786
Newly Registered

Post by Ukilr786 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:53 pm

Dear friends
What r the affects of ccj on ilr application anyone have any idea
Regards

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:17 am

cool mind wrote:There is no policy of interview and i just received the email reply from home office about interview at below:

Dear Sir,

When considering an application, a caseworker needs to be satisfied that all the requirements are met before making a decision on a case, this can, but does not always, mean that there may be a need for an applicant to attend an interview.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards

Mark

Mark Roberts | Settlement Operational Policy |
Immigration and Border Policy | Home Office |
It's written clearly on the HO website under 'How long it takes':

You’ll be told whether your application has been successful within 6 months.

You’ll be contacted if your application is complex and will take longer, eg:

if your supporting documents need to be verified.
if you need to attend an interview.
because of your personal circumstances - eg if you have a criminal conviction.

(https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/apply-to-settle)

ashoknairs
Newly Registered

Post by ashoknairs » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:25 am

Dear All,

I got a call from my solicitor yesterday (08/08/2014) informing me that my application has been approved.

My timeline :

Application send : 24 March 2014
Acknowledgement received : 02 April 2014
First Biometric invitation letter missed, I nor my solicitor received the letter.
Second Biometric letter received : 01 May 2014
Biometric enrolled : 05 May 2014
Solicitor received approval letter and BRP card : 08/08/2014

Thank you very much guys for all your help..... All the very best for those who are waiting....

Kind Regards,
Ashok...

march_ilr

Post by march_ilr » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:53 am

shahjee1234 wrote:
NasirNNN wrote:
march_ilr wrote:hi senior members!

THIS IS URGENT

I got my ilr approved last week. I have a travel plan to go back home in october this year. Could someone please confirm me from their experience if my son can travel overseas and safely come back to Uk with his existing overseas passport. We could not apply for his MN 1 Yet.

The issue is: My son can not apply for this mn1 now as we are struggling to get the professional reference. School is closed and GP has refused to give reference. Since the condition on mn1 form is someone needs to know my child on professional capacity and also need to know him personally, therefore, all professional refused to sign.

Don't know what to do.. :cry:

PLEASE ADVISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi bro
u can ask any accountant to sign.i think it will work one of my friend ask his accountant friend to sign,
as far as i know u must change ur son visa before u travel Shahjee and other senior members plzz give advice to March_ilr
best of luck and hope issue will be resolved soon
Regards
Hi march_ilr,
I fully agree with Nasir Bahi, as far as I know these should be sorted out before you travel. Mind it he is still on the dependent status of your previous visa, which obviously he is not any more. As Nasir Bahi suggested an Accountant can sign MN1 that shouldn't be a problem. But my brotherly advice is to sort it out before you travel. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Dear Shahjee and Nasir Bhai and other forum members!!

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I tried with a qualified accountant. I also tried local pharmacist, imam, local Councillor etc.They refuse to sign my son's naturalization form on the ground that they don't know my son on professional capacity (as this was the requirement mentioned in the form). They said, 'we might know your son personally but we don't know him on professional capacity'

I am so frustrated. Don't know what to do now. I feel myself thrown into the deep sea. Can this forum show me any silver-lining please?

regards;
march_ilr
Applied for FREEDOM on the 20th March

march_ilr

Post by march_ilr » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:59 am

ashoknairs wrote:Dear All,

I got a call from my solicitor yesterday (08/08/2014) informing me that my application has been approved.

My timeline :

First Biometric invitation letter missed, I nor my solicitor received the letter.

Thank you very much guys for all your help..... All the very best for those who are waiting....

Kind Regards,
Ashok...
Congrats Ashok!! I hope you enjoy the lovely future ahead of you!!
regards;
march_ilr

khanzada123

Post by khanzada123 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:09 am

Dear march_ilr dont be frustated too much about this profession capacity bcoz my friends and myself gone throw all these frustations but ask those professional to sign it metioning that they knows he is your child and this is a true picture of applicant.......u know that how comes imam ....accountant....pharmacist. ...knows ur child in professional capacity. ...but they knows he is ur child......thats what I did ....and my friends did....and write a covering letter with it..........they will accept it bcoz they called it minor application. ............So its entirety up to u know......I did mentioned this before as well I think u didnt c my post......I am just trying to help u bcoz I have gone through this......

khanzada123

Post by khanzada123 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:10 am

Just to let u guys know that I have signed the e-petition....

march_ilr

Post by march_ilr » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:18 am

khanzada123 wrote:Dear march_ilr dont be frustated too much about this profession capacity bcoz my friends and myself gone throw all these frustations but ask those professional to sign it metioning that they knows he is your child and this is a true picture of applicant.......u know that how comes imam ....accountant....pharmacist. ...knows ur child in professional capacity. ...but they knows he is ur child......thats what I did ....and my friends did....and write a covering letter with it..........they will accept it bcoz they called it minor application. ............So its entirety up to u know......I did mentioned this before as well I think u didnt c my post......I am just trying to help u bcoz I have gone through this......
Many thanks for your valuable suggestion Khanzada. I will try that way.

regards;
march_ilr

wik
Newly Registered

Post by wik » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:51 pm

الحمد لله. All praises to Allah SWT.

I got a Special delivery today morning (09/08/2014) with my approval letter and documents in it.

My timeline :

Biometric enrolled : 07 April 2014
Got approval letter and documents : 09/08/2014

Thank you very much to the people out there and best of luck to those who are waiting.

Regards
wik

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:23 pm

wik wrote:الحمد لله. All praises to Allah SWT.

I got a Special delivery today morning (09/08/2014) with my approval letter and documents in it.

My timeline :

Biometric enrolled : 07 April 2014
Got approval letter and documents : 09/08/2014

Thank you very much to the people out there and best of luck to those who are waiting.

Regards
wik
Congratulations wik,
What documents have you sent with set lr and what payment mode you used to pay fee? What kind of that special delivery envelope which ukba sent, is it secured?

wik
Newly Registered

Post by wik » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:34 pm

Dear coolmind,
UK degree, transcript, passports, LIUK test and bank statements. payment through debit card. I also submitted royal mail Special delivery return envelope with my application so that they return my docs in it.

Regards
wik

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:41 pm

wik wrote:Dear coolmind,
UK degree, transcript, passports, LIUK test and bank statements. payment through debit card. I also submitted royal mail Special delivery return envelope with my application so that they return my docs in it.

Regards
wik
Thanks for your information. I think enclosing special delivery envelope is a good idea because you can track your documents and even you can collect your package from local royal mail unit at your suitable time even before they attempt to deliver at the applicant's address.

mamun_tair
Newly Registered

Post by mamun_tair » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:25 pm

Dear All,
I have a silly question:
I and my wife are due to apply for ILR on long residency basis, as we came together to this country 10 years ago.
We understand that we need to fill application forms for each of us. However, Shall we send the two application together, or send them separately?!!
Kind regards
Mamun

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:22 pm

mamun_tair wrote:Dear All,
I have a silly question:
I and my wife are due to apply for ILR on long residency basis, as we came together to this country 10 years ago.
We understand that we need to fill application forms for each of us. However, Shall we send the two application together, or send them separately?!!
Kind regards
Mamun
Hi Mamun_tair,
I would suggest to send them separately, and provide Home Office with self addressed return Special delivery envelope, this way both your applications remain separate, just in case if you want to tract it for later. That is what I will do if I am you. I hope it helps.
Many thanks. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

omar1978

Post by omar1978 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:44 am

aurnoc wrote:
redrosekhan wrote:

I dont know where is the link of HO that mentions dependent before 9 july 2012 has to wait another 5 years.... but i found in this side https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk that you dont need to start again 5 years if you are dependent before 9 july 2012. can any one explain please???

dear brother can you please tell where does it say in immigration rules that after 6 april 2014 pbs dependent who got their pbs status before 9 july 2012 cannot apply under old rules can you please give me the link.i was reading Part 8 of the immigration rule is A280 (ii) to applications made by persons in the UK who have been granted entry clearance or limited leave to enter or remain under Part 8 before 9 July 2012 and where this is a requirement of Part 8, this leave to enter or limited leave to remain is extant:
@redrosekhan you can simply use this link: https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk

At the end of the link, you will be lead to relevant and updated the Part 8 which denies transitional amalgumation of PBS Dependent leave towards settlement.

You should join us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/716996288335740/

helostar
Newly Registered

Post by helostar » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:49 am

cool mind wrote:
wik wrote:Dear coolmind,

Regards
wik
Thanks for your information. I think enclosing special delivery envelope is a good idea because you can track your documents and even you can collect your package from local royal mail unit at your suitable time even before they attempt to deliver at the applicant's address.
congrats bro:)
i got 2 questions...
did you apply 28 days early of your qualifying period??
and for how many months bank statements you attached??
thanks
helostar

helostar
Newly Registered

Post by helostar » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:01 am

ashoknairs wrote:Dear All,

My timeline :

Kind Regards,
Ashok...
congrats :)

did you apply 28 days earlier of your qualifying period of 10 years??
what method of payment you used?? bank card/cheque/postal order??????

thanks
helostar

helostar
Newly Registered

Post by helostar » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:03 am

timeline:

congrats:)
did you apply 28 days early ???
what method of payment you used??? bank card/cheque/postal order???

thanks
helostar

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:25 pm

Hello shahjee1234 & others,
In set (lr) form at question D15 there are four boxes where you need to give debit/credit card security codes, so should the first or last box need to skip while writing 3 digit security code, for example - - - -
Moreover, at question D16 they ask about circle the amount; fir example £1093 - standard. Should we circle only £1093 or the whole £1093 - standard.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:46 pm

cool mind wrote:Hello shahjee1234 & others,
In set (lr) form at question D15 there are four boxes where you need to give debit/credit card security codes, so should the first or last box need to skip while writing 3 digit security code, for example - - - -
Moreover, at question D16 they ask about circle the amount; fir example £1093 - standard. Should we circle only £1093 or the whole £1093 - standard.
Hi cool mind,
I believe you got the question numbers wrong, they must be A16, and A15 rather than "D"
Regards to A16 encircle £1093 only, frankly doesn't make any difference even if you encircle the whole lot, like £1093- standard, but I am only telling you what I did. Encircle £1093 and that is cool.
Regards to A15, there are 4 boxes in it, start from the first box and write the last 3 digits from the back of your debit card security strip, the fourth one is only if you are paying by Amex card, as their codes are 4 digits, so in your case if it is a normal debit card, than just start from the first one and give the 3 digits code from the back of your debit card. I hope it helps.
Kind regard
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014