ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aurnoc

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by aurnoc » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:22 pm

MashaAllah, Congratulations to Shahjee, Khan and all other members of the ILR family :)

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:44 pm

aurnoc wrote:MashaAllah, Congratulations to Shahjee, Khan and all other members of the ILR family :)
Many thanks for your kind wishes Aurnoc.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

march_ilr

Post by march_ilr » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:49 pm

hi guys!

Just wanted to update you on my wife's FLR M application. I have been to croydon PEO today. They give my wife 2.5 years visa after few hours of waiting. No scope for discussion on OLD/New rules or 2/2.5 years debate. They don't discuss case with customers, they just give it whatever they want to give.

One thing i really find unfair. I had to provide proof (according to application form requirement) that my wife is living with me for last 24 months. And now my wife will have to wait another 60 months to get her ILR. In total 84 (24+60) months she will have to wait Despite the fact that she is with me under the point based system since when the system starts (i can't even remember how many years ago).

In my opinion, Under no circumstances, HO can justify this rules!! They will have to loose if this matter goes into higher courts or judicial review.

regards;
march_ilr
Applied for FREEDOM on the 20th March

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:31 pm

march_ilr wrote:hi guys!

Just wanted to update you on my wife's FLR M application. I have been to croydon PEO today. They give my wife 2.5 years visa after few hours of waiting. No scope for discussion on OLD/New rules or 2/2.5 years debate. They don't discuss case with customers, they just give it whatever they want to give.

One thing i really find unfair. I had to provide proof (according to application form requirement) that my wife is living with me for last 24 months. And now my wife will have to wait another 60 months to get her ILR. In total 84 (24+60) months she will have to wait Despite the fact that she is with me under the point based system since when the system starts (i can't even remember how many years ago).

In my opinion, Under no circumstances, HO can justify this rules!! They will have to loose if this matter goes into higher courts or judicial review.

regards;
march_ilr
I have already spent 36 months here, my FLR M letter says I can apply after completing 60 months yet I am told the letter holds no value because BRP is 2.5 years. So many lawyers contacted and only one knew this new rule of 5 years.

Please join us here https://m.facebook.com/groups/716996288 ... f=bookmark

We are trying to come up with a strategy to challenge this rule.

LIFE1020
Newly Registered

Post by LIFE1020 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:44 pm

LIFE1020 wrote:Dear All

I hope somebody will be able to help me here

I am completing my 10 years for ILR on 02 Jan 2015 and can apply on 04 Dec 2014, but I have to travel urgently and can't wait that long, actually I have already completed my 10 years continuous residence now but if I apply right now then my total number of days outside of the UK are 32 days more than the limit of 540 days = 572 days outside UK.
So for this reason I am waiting till Dec then my days will be 532, but as explained above I have to travel, is there any advise/guidance any of you seniors please can give me, so that I can send my application 'Right Now as soon as possible' despite of waiting till December, my current leave to remain expires in Dec 2015
Please help me, Looking forward eagerly for responses.

Regards

Ummali01
Newly Registered

Post by Ummali01 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:49 pm

Hi shahjee1234 it ummali in response to your question my husband was on a spouse visa and he qualified under the old rules that he only needed to be here two years in order to apply for ilr. When we went to the home office the immigration officer informed us that we had been denied ilr but they had given us an extra two years. The reason she gave was that they have changed their English language test providers and the type of test that is now available she said if we had applied before the 1st of August we would have been accepted for ilr. I don't know what to do as the information was unavaliable on their website. Plz reply

LIFE1020
Newly Registered

Post by LIFE1020 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:57 pm

LIFE1020 wrote:
LIFE1020 wrote:Dear All

I hope somebody will be able to help me here

I am completing my 10 years for ILR on 02 Jan 2015 and can apply on 04 Dec 2014, but I have to travel urgently and can't wait that long, actually I have already completed my 10 years continuous residence now but if I apply right now then my total number of days outside of the UK are 32 days more than the limit of 540 days = 572 days outside UK.
So for this reason I am waiting till Dec then my days will be 532, but as explained above I have to travel, is there any advise/guidance any of you seniors please can give me, so that I can send my application 'Right Now as soon as possible' despite of waiting till December, my current leave to remain expires in Dec 2015
Please help me, Looking forward eagerly for responses.

Regards
Ayesha

Ummali01
Newly Registered

Post by Ummali01 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:03 pm

malik15 wrote:
Ummali01 wrote:Hi I'm new to this forum I I don't understand it totally. But if anyone could give me some help it would be much appreciated. My husband just applied for ilr on form set m we applied on the 7th of August at a premium service appointment. We were denied ilr but awarded flr as they said the English language requirement was not met as they had changed their rules on the 1st of August meaning they had changed the type of test and providers that are now acceptable. My husband was awarded a ESOL English life and skills certificate by trinity college in which he achieved a higher level than b1 he's test was taken in March. The lady that refused our ilr said it was to no fault of our own. I found this very unfair as they only put up this information on their website after our appointment. Can anyone give me advice or has anyone had simular experience. All other documents where in check.
What does it say on the certificate, GESE grade 5?
He's certificate says level 1 certificate in ESOL skills for life speaking and listening
Level 1 is higher than required

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:57 pm

Ummali01 wrote:Hi shahjee1234 it ummali in response to your question my husband was on a spouse visa and he qualified under the old rules that he only needed to be here two years in order to apply for ilr. When we went to the home office the immigration officer informed us that we had been denied ilr but they had given us an extra two years. The reason she gave was that they have changed their English language test providers and the type of test that is now available she said if we had applied before the 1st of August we would have been accepted for ilr. I don't know what to do as the information was unavailable on their website. Plz reply
If your husband qualified under old rules and had completed 2 years and ILR was denied only because of English requirement,than ur husband has to give English test again by institution approved by Home Office and apply again,although you have to pay visa fee again.Because rules are changed for spouse visa not for ILR.
One of my friend was denied ILR because of English requirement he was given 2 years visa but was told u can apply for ILR as soon as u fullfill english requirement.He has applied for ILR now.

I pray ur husband get ILR soon
best of wishes to all of those who are waiting
Regards

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:16 pm

Ummali01 wrote:Hi shahjee1234 it ummali in response to your question my husband was on a spouse visa and he qualified under the old rules that he only needed to be here two years in order to apply for ilr. When we went to the home office the immigration officer informed us that we had been denied ilr but they had given us an extra two years. The reason she gave was that they have changed their English language test providers and the type of test that is now available she said if we had applied before the 1st of August we would have been accepted for ilr. I don't know what to do as the information was unavaliable on their website. Plz reply
Shahjee Amber or Vinny can help you out. You should challenge the decision if you are sure of your case. There is also a possibility that he can satisfy Language requirement and then immediately apply for ILR.

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:17 pm

Hadn't seen NASIRNN reply :) he's given you best advice and a similar case. Good luck!

helostar
Newly Registered

Post by helostar » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:25 pm

Ummali01 wrote:Hi shahjee1234 it ummali in response to your question my husband was on a spouse visa and he qualified under the old rules that he only needed to be here two years in order to apply for ilr. When we went to the home office the immigration officer informed us that we had been denied ilr but they had given us an extra two years. The reason she gave was that they have changed their English language test providers and the type of test that is now available she said if we had applied before the 1st of August we would have been accepted for ilr. I don't know what to do as the information was unavaliable on their website. Plz reply

Dear Shah Jee and all experts:

I need your advice regarding set Lr form 10 years long residency
I want to pay the fee 1093 by postal order..
the form says go to section A19.. but there is no such section in form if im not wrong...
please advice me in this regard,, and can you explain D14 section plz
waiting for your reply thanks
helostar

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:54 pm

For those thinking of sending the application in next couple of weeks, just a gentle reminder to check the form version on GOV.UK before sending your application.

They have updated the guidance notes today but the form version is still 07/14

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:34 am

Hi Ummali01,

Would you please share which is the Awarding Body for your Level 1 English Language Certificate ?
Note: I do not work as an Immigration Consultant, but my advice comes from experiences and my opinions are my own.

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:47 am

Hi All
I got my I on 24 August but my wife FLRM is still not received I have already sent COPY of BRP , Passports and acknowledgement letter. If I call HO. They say still in progress . Can anyone guide me of any option of what to do. Thanks

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:53 am

NasirNNN wrote:
Ummali01 wrote:Hi shahjee1234 it ummali in response to your question my husband was on a spouse visa and he qualified under the old rules that he only needed to be here two years in order to apply for ilr. When we went to the home office the immigration officer informed us that we had been denied ilr but they had given us an extra two years. The reason she gave was that they have changed their English language test providers and the type of test that is now available she said if we had applied before the 1st of August we would have been accepted for ilr. I don't know what to do as the information was unavailable on their website. Plz reply
If your husband qualified under old rules and had completed 2 years and ILR was denied only because of English requirement,than ur husband has to give English test again by institution approved by Home Office and apply again,although you have to pay visa fee again.Because rules are changed for spouse visa not for ILR.
One of my friend was denied ILR because of English requirement he was given 2 years visa but was told u can apply for ILR as soon as u fullfill english requirement.He has applied for ILR now.

I pray ur husband get ILR soon
best of wishes to all of those who are waiting
Regards
Hi Ummali01,
I fully agree with Nasir Bahi, we all know it is unfair but if the rules were changed beginning of August than frankly I would recommend the same, not to waste your time, just fulfill the new English language qualification requirements, making sure that the institute is properly registered and go for the SET(M) again. Although it will be another fee but at least you get the due result, otherwise it's another wait.
My best wishes and prayers.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:00 am

helostar wrote: Dear Shah Jee and all experts:

I need your advice regarding set Lr form 10 years long residency
I want to pay the fee 1093 by postal order..
the form says go to section A19.. but there is no such section in form if im not wrong...
please advice me in this regard,, and can you explain D14 section plz
waiting for your reply thanks
helostar
Hi helostar,
Regards to A19, that is a mistake in the form so ignore that.
Regards to D14, it's asking you for your Social, cultural and family ties to country of your birth, or of which you hold the nationality, or country where you have spend more than 5 years.
I replied to that, by giving my country name, and telling them in the simple words in the section in front of it, that if you have any family members or friends. Mind it although all of us have spend more than 5 years here, but I didn't mentioned any thing regards to England, or any of my social connections here. I only mention my country of birth and wrote that I have brothers, sisters, nephew and nieces there.
I hope it helps. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:23 am

shahjee1234 wrote:
Hi helostar,
Regards to A19, that is a mistake in the form so ignore that.
Regards to D14, it's asking you for your Social, cultural and family ties to country of your birth, or of which you hold the nationality, or country where you have spend more than 5 years.
I replied to that, by giving my country name, and telling them in the simple words in the section in front of it, that if you have any family members or friends. Mind it although all of us have spend more than 5 years here, but I didn't mentioned any thing regards to England, or any of my social connections here. I only mention my country of birth and wrote that I have brothers, sisters, nephew and nieces there.
I hope it helps. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Shahjee when you applied was there D14 in your form?

I have actually decided to put the UK in there as well just in case as it says any country where you've lived more than 5 years.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:24 am

Probably ironic putting it here but for those of you whom it means anything, happy independence day!

rashenikki
Newly Registered

Post by rashenikki » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:58 am

rashenikki wrote:Hi All,

My application for SET(LR) is currently with the HO.

My current visa is a Tier2 which expires 2016.

My question is , say i get a new job with another employer, will it be okay for me to resign my current job or should i wait for HO before making any move to leave my current organisation?

And if i do, will them notifing the HO of my resignation affect my visa appliaction? and would the new company have to notify the HO? How Long? what then happens if i am refused?

Thanks guys for your help.
Nikki
Hi All,

can someone please help with this query.

Regards,
Nikki

Siko

Post by Siko » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:29 am

Hi
I got my acknowledgement letter today
7.5 years student , 2 years psw ,6 month pending decision of student visa

Vary my application to ILR

mamun_tair
Newly Registered

Post by mamun_tair » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:39 am

Siko wrote:Hi

Hi Siko,
congratulation .
Can you please provide us with your timeline?
When did you vary the application. I can read from the file that you applied on 6/8/2014 !!!!!

Regards
Mamun

samu140

Post by samu140 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:07 pm

Hi
I need template or sample letter to ukba to request them to hold my Flr(fp) application untile partner's set(lr) decided. Please post a link if u have any. Thanks
Keep Updating

Siko

Post by Siko » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:12 pm

mamun_tair wrote:
Siko wrote:Hi

Hi Siko,
congratulation .
Can you please provide us with your timeline?
When did you vary the application. I can read from the file that you applied on 6/8/2014 !!!!!

Regards
Mamun
Yep u r right I applied on 6/8/2014 to vary my
Application u mis understood it I got acknowledgment letter
From HO that home office recieved the document it is Not
approval letter from HO

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:53 pm

Hi All
I got my I on 24 August but my wife FLRM is still not received I have already sent COPY of BRP , Passports and acknowledgement letter. If I call HO. They say still in progress . Can anyone guide me of any option of what to do. Thanks