ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Portuguse naturalization, what next? HELP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Malucolandia
Newly Registered

Portuguse naturalization, what next? HELP

Post by Malucolandia » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:41 pm

Hello everyone,

Basically my mother(Brazilian from birth), who is married to a Portuguese national, managed to get me the Portuguese naturalisation. All I have at the moment is basically the document that states that I now have Portuguese nationality. Work is pressuring me to send them proof of my naturalization and they say the only thing they can accept is either the ID card of the Portuguese passport. Where do I go from here? Am I ok to just apply for the Portuguese ID card from now? if so, does anyone know what documents I need?
I am so confused as to what to do in order to get my Portuguese ID card. Please help!

Hubba

Re: Portuguse naturalization, what next? HELP

Post by Hubba » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:48 am

Malucolandia wrote:Hello everyone,

Basically my mother(Brazilian from birth), who is married to a Portuguese national, managed to get me the Portuguese naturalisation. All I have at the moment is basically the document that states that I now have Portuguese nationality. Work is pressuring me to send them proof of my naturalization and they say the only thing they can accept is either the ID card of the Portuguese passport. Where do I go from here? Am I ok to just apply for the Portuguese ID card from now? if so, does anyone know what documents I need?
I am so confused as to what to do in order to get my Portuguese ID card. Please help!
You should really be looking for information on the Portuguese Embassy website. I guess next step would be for you to apply for your Portuguese passport.