ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR to British Citzenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dhruv26186

ILR to British Citzenship

Post by dhruv26186 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:57 pm

Hi Team,

Can you please let me know the list of documents which needs to be submitted for the British Citizenship Application?

I am currently on ILR and have completed a year on it.

Regards,

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: ILR to British Citzenship

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:00 pm

(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

dhruv26186

Post by dhruv26186 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:24 pm

Thank you.

Can you please also confirm if i need to get my Bachelor Degree accredited by UK NARIC?

That degree was taught in english and is equivalent to UK Bachelor degree but i didnt get that accredidiate by UK NARIC when i applied for ILR in JAN 2014 but recently my friend told that any ILR or Nturalization application must have NARIC Certificate attached with it. IS that true?

Regards,
Dhruv

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:47 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

dhruv26186

Post by dhruv26186 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:47 pm

Thanks.

That suggest that you either need PBS print out or NARIC certificate.

To generate the PBS, it asks to select Tier 1,2 VISA type which is not the category i am applying into. I am applying for British Citizenship from ILR.

However i do have copy of PBS calculator from past when i applied for my first or second Tier 2 VISA.

Can i use that old PBS print out from my old VISA application? To get my degree recognised while applying for British citizenship?

Regards,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:25 pm

dhruv26186 wrote:To generate the PBS, it asks to select Tier 1,2 VISA type which is not the category i am applying into. I am applying for British Citizenship from ILR.
On the webpage that I provided the link for in my response above, what does it say in bold letters (the page heading)?

Select "any" Tier available on the PBS calculator. Check your qualification in the English language section and take a printout.

vd_ilr

Post by vd_ilr » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:56 pm

Hi Sushdmehta

I had a similar doubt about english language requirement and has been browsing through the forum. The note in guidance says:
You’ll need your original degree certificate and one of the following:

a printout from the points-based calculator with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English
However it doesn't say one must score 10 or 30 points to get qualified

Meanwhile the pbs calculator did mention: English skills Total (10 points required). Just wanted to confirm if 10 points is all we need.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:59 pm

vd_ilr wrote:the pbs calculator did mention: English skills Total (10 points required).
Thta's what you need for English language - PBS calculator confirming 10 points for the qualification being checked

vd_ilr

Post by vd_ilr » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:06 pm

Thanks Sushdmehta

dhruv26186

Post by dhruv26186 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:57 pm

Alright. thanks for clarification.

So i just need to to select any category in PBS and get the English qualification verified which will show 10 points against it and i need to get it printed.

Thanks

Regards,
dhruv