ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Recommended Consultants for Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cfc_2015

Recommended Consultants for Tier 2 General

Post by cfc_2015 » Wed May 13, 2015 5:04 pm

Experts,

I am looking for some advice on who the best consultants are in terms of work as well costs to hire. We are essentially looking to engage with someone who can do the following:
- Register employer (good firm with office in London and abroad) to become a Tier 2 sponsor (Have been quoted upto £1,000 for the service by 3 consultants I have spoken to)
- RLMT: Understand we can do it ourselves without engaging the immigration consultant (They are charging £500 for it)
- Tier 2 General Application for Partner (Currently on Tier 2(ICT) Dependant) from India. Subsequently applying for own dependant visa (in UK)

Current situation: Tier 2 (ICT) issued in October 2011 and extended in December 2012 for 2 years and again in December 2014 for 2 years. Leaving current job by end of July so want to get the Tier 2 (General) before that happens

All consultants we spoke to thus far are charging £3,000 + VAT for the full package. Since, I will have to bear the cost on my own (company will only pay for their sponsorship fee payment to UKVI) I want to ensure I do not miss out on using some solicitor / consultant who is cheaper and as good as any on the street.

Leads and references would be very helpful. We are looking to start the whole process ASAP.

Thanks

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: URGENT: Recommended Consultants for Tier 2 General

Post by iworker » Wed May 13, 2015 9:33 pm

you do realise what you are proposing to do is illegal. Furthermore, i dont think its gonna work anyway. good luck wasting some money though

cfc_2015

Post by cfc_2015 » Fri May 15, 2015 9:03 am

This is not illegal and I am not sure what makes you say that?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri May 15, 2015 9:32 am

so you are proposing to get your wife on tier 2 general, who currently is on ICT dependent by registering a company.
btw, who is going to be the director and shareholder of the company ?

cfc_2015

Post by cfc_2015 » Fri May 15, 2015 9:43 am

Ok then the post was not clear.
My wife is asking her existing employer to sponsor her.

Now I see why you thought it was illegal :)

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri May 15, 2015 11:25 am

In that case, you are closer to the green line but still not over it.
Why do u think u (or your wife) will have to pay for the sponsor licence fee, solicitor fee, and you will do RLMT.

If that all does happens, and your wife's employer does become a sponsor, and issues her a cos, she will need a restricted cos and will need applying from home country. she can not change her visa inside uk

mansoorash

Post by mansoorash » Fri May 15, 2015 4:41 pm

iworker wrote:you do realise what you are proposing to do is illegal. Furthermore, i dont think its gonna work anyway. good luck wasting some money though
Tories are back, I hope they flush such scum out of the country due to whom the whole process ends up becoming more stringent.

cfc_2015

Post by cfc_2015 » Sat May 16, 2015 2:30 pm

iworker,

thanks for your response. I am aware of the need to apply from home country.

cfc_2015

New Delhi: Work Permit Application Rejection rates

Post by cfc_2015 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:52 pm

Hi all,

From your personal experience or knowledge, could you please let me know if there is any negative in applying for Tier 2(General) entry clearance from New Delhi.

I am being specifically advised by my immigration consultant to
1) Apply from Mumbai or Chennai instead of New Delhi.
2) He claims the rejection rate for Delhi is 50% of all applications

To me this does not make sense as no matter where you apply in India, the application will eventually go to the embassy in Delhi who will decide on the case.

While I agree that VFS might have the power to reject Tourist visas on basis of documents etc they must not be having the same powers when it comes to Work Permit (i.e. Tier 2 (General) and Tier 2 (ICT)). If you have a restricted CoS then there is no reason for the embassy to reject the entry clearance unless they do so on basis of some missing documents (VFS might reject on basis of lack of some necessary documents as well).

I am keen on applying from Delhi as it is convenient for me and closer to my hometown.

Current Visa status:
Tier 2 (ICT) Dependant since October 2011
Applying for Tier 2 (General)

Appreciate any feedback on this point.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: New Delhi: Work Permit Application Rejection rates

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:17 pm

cfc_2015 wrote:While I agree that VFS might have the power to reject Tourist visas on basis of documents etc
If that is the assertion being made by your "immigration consultant", I would suggest that you kick him in the backside!!
No wonder you have such questions to ask!

It is not VFS's responsibility to offer immigration advice or check applications for accuracy! VFS is there to accept applications and record biometrics. It is absolutely the applicant's responsibility that the application is accurate and all the necessary documentary evidences are included. The so called immigration consultants are the one's that help in "pre-checks", not employees at VAC .. unless the VAC organisation offers "pre-check" as a service separately.

Applicants don't do their homework, get refused and obviously the most convenient scapegoat is the VAC employee (oh, he didn't tell me this, didn't check documents, didn't advise, etc. etc. etc.)!!

All applications are assessed by the Home Office personnel, be it in UK or at diplomatic posts overseas.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Recommended Consultants for Tier 2 General

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:08 pm

Did your "competent" consultant advise the following:
You should normally apply at the VFS Global visa application centre in or closest to, the state in which you are documented as being resident.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

cfc_2015

Post by cfc_2015 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:50 pm

I grilled him on the same that my hometown in India is closer to Delhi while I have my siblings staying in Bombay so I could claim Bombay as my home but see no reason why I should do that.

Also, from recent experience of my family & relatives who visited me in London, the time for processing visa was far quicker for relatives who applied in Delhi and not for my immediate family who applied in Bombay.

Guess, I will use do what is logically right which is to apply in Delhi. Thanks a lot for your inputs :)

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:21 pm

It really is ridiculous that people need to get "immigration consultants" to fill their application form for them.
Frankly the only help you should need is your employers.

It doesnt matter where you apply from, if everything is in order you will get your visa approved.