ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

November 2017 Restricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lilyrose
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Re: November 2017 Restricted COS

Post by lilyrose » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:51 pm

Hi guys

I have great news - my sponsor has informed me it's been granted today. I think the HO is just being really really slow this month and I'm sure it's on the way! Good luck everyone! :)

mschase
United States of America

Post by mschase » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:07 pm

lilyrose wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:51 pm
Hi guys

I have great news - my sponsor has informed me it's been granted today. I think the HO is just being really really slow this month and I'm sure it's on the way! Good luck everyone! :)
Congratulations! Did your employer just the confirmation? Was it via email or did they check the portal?

lilyrose
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by lilyrose » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:48 pm

mschase wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:07 pm
lilyrose wrote:
Hi guys

Congratulations! Did your employer just the confirmation? Was it via email or did they check the portal?

Thanks! No he didn't say. Any news on your end?

aokamgba
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by aokamgba » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:21 pm

abhmahaj1 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:44 pm
Hi all,

I also have one more doubt, my job falls under shortage occupation list.. I was just reading online on HO site that jobs following under shortage occupation list doesn't need a Resident Labour market test.. But then I am not sure why my employer conducted it.. Can any one confirm my understanding. This is so that I can go back and instruct my employer accordingly
No, shortage list jobs don'tre require RLMT as by definition of a shortage occupation there are not enough settled workers for the job, hence no need to test the market looking fot settled applicants.

On the CoS hmthe question is if they have met the RLMT requirements and there is just a tick box which is mandarory. So this must be ticked but in the explanation box they put that the job is RLMT exempt.

dvwhite
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by dvwhite » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:09 am

Hi there, has anyone applied for an urgent COS outside of the usual monthly allocations? My employer has however I can't find if anyone is every successful with these? Any help much appreciated. Thanks

dikayudha8
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by dikayudha8 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:49 am

Hi Guys,

I am Andy from Indonesia. I just heard a news from my employer that my CoS is allocated. I heard it yesterday night. Here, I would like to share some experiences of applying CoS so far. And FYI, this is my 3rd attempt. What happened with the 1st and 2nd?
The 1st attempt happened around April this year, and actually I got my rCoS allocated. But just my employer never actively asked, so nothing came in from UKVI, until around July, my employer sent me a form of Declaration to fetch the CoS status under my name. I finally got the CoS on August, but it was allocated for May, so yeah, my CoS was going to expired within 19 days at that time. Nothing much I can do other than let it be expired and apply the new one. So, it is clear that even if the report is posted in https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ponsorship
, you can still get your CoS without waiting for the next allocation date. In my case, the UKVI posted the CoS allocation for May, but I got mine on August, and expired in 19 days (since August is supposed to be 3 months after May, and It was still counting even if I never received it).

For the 2nd attempt, my CoS was rejected due to the wrong salary information posted on the RLMT. It was just around 14 days after the CoS allocation meeting. In my opinion, UKVI is quite straightforward in rejecting CoS, but to approve it, it is different story.

My suggestion for you guys, is just keep being patient, ask you employer to chase UKVI, and as long as your CoS score is above 21, you must be able to get your CoS approved. Good luck!

abhmahaj1
Newly Registered
India

Post by abhmahaj1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:13 am

Thanks for confirming this for me..
I hope there is no exemption in this criteria and this applies to all jobs which fall under shortage occupation list
aokamgba wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:21 pm
abhmahaj1 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:44 pm
Hi all,

I also have one more doubt, my job falls under shortage occupation list.. I was just reading online on HO site that jobs following under shortage occupation list doesn't need a Resident Labour market test.. But then I am not sure why my employer conducted it.. Can any one confirm my understanding. This is so that I can go back and instruct my employer accordingly
No, shortage list jobs don'tre require RLMT as by definition of a shortage occupation there are not enough settled workers for the job, hence no need to test the market looking fot settled applicants.

On the CoS hmthe question is if they have met the RLMT requirements and there is just a tick box which is mandarory. So this must be ticked but in the explanation box they put that the job is RLMT exempt.

mschase
United States of America

Post by mschase » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:02 pm

lilyrose wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:48 pm
mschase wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:07 pm
lilyrose wrote:
Hi guys

Thanks! No he didn't say. Any news on your end?
Hey, no sadly nothing yet. I just chased my employer today and waiting for his response. Haven't gotten any bad news yet so there may still be hope.

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:11 pm

HO has not yet updated the numbers on their page
So may be some people still may get RCOS approved out of allocation quota

RenJo1127
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by RenJo1127 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:17 am

Hi all! :-)
I got my RCOS approved last Nov. 22, 2017 @ around 2100H PH time... Best of luck & God bless everyone!! :-)
Just keep the faith & always pray!!! :-)

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:05 am

RenJo1127 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:17 am
I got my RCOS approved last Nov. 22, 2017 @ around 2100H PH time... Best of luck & God bless everyone!! :-)
Congratulations !!
May I know the points your application has scored for RCOS ?
Was that on Shortage Occupation list ?

RenJo1127
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by RenJo1127 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:09 am

sptula wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:05 am
RenJo1127 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:17 am
Congratulations !!
May I know the points your application has scored for RCOS ?
Was that on Shortage Occupation list ?
Thank you...
I do not know up to know if what or how my app was scored... It was my employer who did applied for it...
One thing I am certain is that it is under Shortage Occupation list...

mschase
United States of America

Post by mschase » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:18 am

Hi, has anyone else not on the shortage occupation list received their rCOS lately? The allocations aren't up yet and still no news whether its been accepted or rejected...

sreddy111
India

Post by sreddy111 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:25 am

mschase wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:18 am
Hi, has anyone else not on the shortage occupation list received their rCOS lately? The allocations aren't up yet and still no news whether its been accepted or rejected...
Hello, was yours on Shortage list ??

Have you checked with your employer for current status of your application on SMS portal ??

mschase
United States of America

Post by mschase » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:29 am

sreddy111 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:25 am
mschase wrote:

Have you checked with your employer for current status of your application on SMS portal ??
No, my occupation code is not on the shortage occupation list. For a second I thought maybe they've run out of quota and all the shortage occupation/phd holder's have taken away the certificates - but I don't think that is possible since they are in minority.

My RLMT was done properly and score is adequate but yet no news.. My employer is checking almost everyday. He even chased them via email and phone but no response, despite having a Tier A license for sponsor.

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:09 am

mschase wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:29 am
sreddy111 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:25 am
mschase wrote:

No, my occupation code is not on the shortage occupation list. For a second I thought maybe they've run out of quota and all the shortage occupation/phd holder's have taken away the certificates - but I don't think that is possible since they are in minority.

My RLMT was done properly and score is adequate but yet no news.. My employer is checking almost everyday. He even chased them via email and phone but no response, despite having a Tier A license for sponsor.
Its very unfortunate, we are also in similar situation

Also note, Nov is the month with less RCOS available for allocation over the last 1 year, so HO may not have much options

mschase
United States of America

Post by mschase » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:49 am

Apologies for the repetitive question, but anyone else waiting gotten their rCOS? Now is the point where I have really started to worry because:

1) The rejection notice has still not come through. This leaves me with minimal time to reapply for Dec quota (cutoff date is 5th of every month).
2) If this is how much delay we faced this month, December will be much worse considering the festive season.
3) No idea what happens for Jan 2018 allocation quota numbers and onwards. Anyone with an idea on this?

Employer is actively chasing yet no revert or response from HO including call/emails despite having Tier A license.

Looking for some advice on how I can move forward and if in case it is a rejection again for me - what can I do before reapplying?

April 2016 is when UK changed their Tier 2 rules and announced a number of allocations available. Looking at this site - https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... april-2016 it appears as if it ends this month. What happens for Jan 2018 and onwards?

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:43 am

To my knowledge, RCOS allocation year cycle is from April to March

December will open with 1500 + carried forward from November

January will open with 1500 + carried forward from December

abhmahaj1
Newly Registered
India

Post by abhmahaj1 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:14 am

I think your employer should be deciding this and should be having experience of how HO works..
Mostly it would be that you reapply for Dec also and ask your employer to add comments as to why the reapplication was needed.. In the interim if they come back with positive news then your employer can take back your 2nd application..
Talk to your employer on this and I am sure they will have some ideas already on how to tackle your situation..
I completely understand how you feeling now.. Good luck

mschase wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:49 am
Apologies for the repetitive question, but anyone else waiting gotten their rCOS? Now is the point where I have really started to worry because:

1) The rejection notice has still not come through. This leaves me with minimal time to reapply for Dec quota (cutoff date is 5th of every month).
2) If this is how much delay we faced this month, December will be much worse considering the festive season.
3) No idea what happens for Jan 2018 allocation quota numbers and onwards. Anyone with an idea on this?

Employer is actively chasing yet no revert or response from HO including call/emails despite having Tier A license.

Looking for some advice on how I can move forward and if in case it is a rejection again for me - what can I do before reapplying?

April 2016 is when UK changed their Tier 2 rules and announced a number of allocations available. Looking at this site - https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... april-2016 it appears as if it ends this month. What happens for Jan 2018 and onwards?

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:24 am

abhmahaj1 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:14 am
I think your employer should be deciding this and should be having experience of how HO works..
Mostly it would be that you reapply for Dec also and ask your employer to add comments as to why the reapplication was needed.. In the interim if they come back with positive news then your employer can take back your 2nd application..
Talk to your employer on this and I am sure they will have some ideas already on how to tackle your situation..

mschase wrote:

Hello, May I know what is your current status ?
When was your applied and granted (if yes)

carmen0203
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by carmen0203 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:10 pm

Hi guys,

My employer informed me that the HO has rejected the rCOS application on Wednesday 22nd (I've applied in the Nov allocation slot).

The reason for rejection is the company's internal job advertisement, HO said that there are parts that are non compliant. However, the legal firm who's helping my employer on the application is certain we have done everything by the books.

Are we allow to appeal or would it be quicker to just reapply for the Dec allocation? Just conscious that we only have 1-2 days if we want to reapply....

Many thanks!

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:38 pm

Anyone else got rejections ??

abhmahaj1
Newly Registered
India

Post by abhmahaj1 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:55 am

My COS was rejected this month because HO mentioned that salary related information is incomplete. My sponsor however doesn't agree to this so we are re appealing and also have again started the process of adversting..it is vry disheartening but at the end of the day nothing else can be done as it is HO

sptula wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:24 am
abhmahaj1 wrote:

mschase wrote:

When was your applied and granted (if yes)

sreddy111
India

Post by sreddy111 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:22 pm

abhmahaj1 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:55 am
My COS was rejected this month because HO mentioned that salary related information is incomplete. My sponsor however doesn't agree to this so we are re appealing and also have again started the process of adversting..it is vry disheartening but at the end of the day nothing else can be done as it is HO

sptula wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:24 am
abhmahaj1 wrote:

mschase wrote:

When was yours applied and granted (if yes)
Sad to know that.
Do you know when was it got rejected ??

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:27 am

mschase wrote:

Hello, Was your still "Under Review" status ?