ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entreprenuer to Tier 2 General

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Explorer2018
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier 1 Entreprenuer to Tier 2 General

Post by Explorer2018 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:26 pm

Dear Forum members,

May i ask your help regarding the subject.
I am planning to switch from Tier 1 Entrepreneur to Tier 2 general, as one of my client is offering me quite good role with sponsorship. I have below few questions, If someone specially @Zimba could address these in order.

1- I have already spent 4 years on Tier 1 Entrepreneur (Got extension few months ago). If I switch to Tier 2 General now what happens to continuous time period? Can I apply ILR in a year time on Tier 2 basis, assuming Tier 1 Entrepreneur time counts towards continuous time period.

2- My wife is my PBS dependent since I got my Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa in 2013, if I switch to Tier 2 and apply for ILR in a year time can my wife apply for ILR at the same time?

Looking forward to your response.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Entreprenuer to Tier 2 General

Post by marcnath » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:45 pm

Explorer2018 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:26 pm
Dear Forum members,

May i ask your help regarding the subject.
I am planning to switch from Tier 1 Entrepreneur to Tier 2 general, as one of my client is offering me quite good role with sponsorship. I have below few questions, If someone specially @Zimba could address these in order.

1- I have already spent 4 years on Tier 1 Entrepreneur (Got extension few months ago). If I switch to Tier 2 General now what happens to continuous time period? Can I apply ILR in a year time on Tier 2 basis, assuming Tier 1 Entrepreneur time counts towards continuous time period.

2- My wife is my PBS dependent since I got my Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa in 2013, if I switch to Tier 2 and apply for ILR in a year time can my wife apply for ILR at the same time?

Looking forward to your response.
1. Yes, your T1E period will count towards your 5 year PBS ILR.
2. Yes, if she has also completed 5 years by then.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Saeedjansaeed
Pakistan

Post by Saeedjansaeed » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:34 pm

My Suggestion would be to stay one more year on T1 E, get your ILR on five years basis and switch to wherever you want..
Reduces confusions.. :D

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:30 am

Why do you want to confuse what you have been dilligently working on. You have just one year. why dont you explain to the new sponsor and if he is that interested in you can wait for you to sort out your ILR.
Bizman