ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA wife works at my firm

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dibango
Newly Registered
Senegal

EEA wife works at my firm

Post by Dibango » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:09 pm

Dear All,

Apologies if I have missed a similar post. I am writing to get your thoughts on my case.

I was in Liechtenstein over the Christmas holidays and my bag (containing my passport) was stolen. I have reported it to the police and have been calling almost daily to see whether they have found it but was unsuccesful therefore I have decided to apply for a new EEA family member residence card.

The thing I am now worried about is that since I last applied, my wife has been working at my firm (formed and ran by myself) where we are only 3 employees therefore I am a bit worried about producing the supporting documents around her employment.

In the meantime, I am stuck somewhere in France while waiting for my appointment to apply for an EEA family permit but am worried about the fact both wifey and I have the same employer.

Please let me know what you think.

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Re: EEA wife works at my firm

Post by Wise » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:30 pm

In my view, once the business is consistence and legit you have nothing to worry about. The only problem ahead might be issue of providing employment paperwork ie wage slips,Ni contributions and method of payments for not just for her but for the 3 employees as you've said in your post. Although the employee has nothing to do with your applications but only your spouse.

Working together is never and will never be a problem as long as it is properly formed either as a limited company or not.

Good luck.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

Dibango
Newly Registered
Senegal

Post by Dibango » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:11 pm

Thanks for letting me know.

I was just a bit skeptical but the accountancy firm we have appointed at formation of the company are effectively the ones issuing the payslips. Since I am the limited company's Director and the one who is sponsored I thought they would take it as a conflict of interests.

The company has been registered with Companies house, HMRC and operating for 3 years and my wife only joined me early last year. We have also been keeping with PAYE and Tax requirements.

I hope it goes well.

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:50 pm

I will do exactly what you have put in place and I wish you positive result in the end (good job). Most importantly let your company stay up to date financially and active as they sometimes check the activeness through company house. The beauty of it is that the non EU national working/activities history is purely irrelevant just proof you're still living in the UK and your application will still be successful as long as you can proof your EU spouse is exercising his/her treaty right in the UK.

Good luck one again.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

Dibango
Newly Registered
Senegal

Post by Dibango » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:29 pm

Thanks a lot for that.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:05 am

Have yo not thought about the possibility of seeking entry at port with your wife, given your circumstance, i can see not reason why you will not be let in, and then you apply for a new Residence card when you enter the UK. You are already in the system.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Dibango
Newly Registered
Senegal

Post by Dibango » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:25 pm

Obie wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:05 am
Have yo not thought about the possibility of seeking entry at port with your wife, given your circumstance, i can see not reason why you will not be let in, and then you apply for a new Residence card when you enter the UK. You are already in the system.
Hi Obie,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have thought about it but since the UKVI website suggested to apply for the EEA family permit I just did that. I must admit, I had thought that going back to London with my wife with just my new passport and a copy of my lost residence card should do but I guess it is a bit late now.