ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel while awaiting decision re RC

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

doctor1989
United Kingdom

Travel while awaiting decision re RC

Post by doctor1989 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:16 pm

Hello guys

Thank you for all the help you've provided so far.

I asked for my documents to be returned (while awaiting application for EEA(FM) RC application) and specifically mentioned that I need my documents for travel. Theyve sent both my passport and my Tier 2 card which is still valid.

Do you think I can travel? I keep getting nightmares of being deported at the UK borders after they scan my Tier 2 and find out it's somehow been cancelled awaiting decision on my RC.

I lost the letter that the documents came with, but I remember it mentions something about traveling.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Cheers

_hmld_
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Travel while awaiting decision re RC

Post by _hmld_ » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:12 pm

Hi Doctor,

I am wondering the same thing as you, wondering if you figured that out at the end?

Would be good to know how you deal with it.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:16 pm

_hmld_ wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:12 pm
Hi Doctor,

I am wondering the same thing as you, wondering if you figured that out at the end?

Would be good to know how you deal with it.
Rules regarding family members and EFMs are different. The OP's experience may not help your case.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

ayaniqda
Newly Registered
Finland

Post by ayaniqda » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:39 am

I also have the same question. I am wondering if we apply now for my EEA FM RC, Will my Non-EU husband be able to travel outside the UK with me and come back to the UK with me without any problems?

I would appreciate your experience.

dhruv_

Post by dhruv_ » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:59 am

Hey guys

I’m in same boat. Need to travel to Europe in May and I’m waiting for PR I applied in January. I’m a non eea applying after ROR.

How do I request my passport and RC back? Also please update if anyone has had experience of such travel.

doctor1989
United Kingdom

Post by doctor1989 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:01 pm

Just to update you all.

So I went on the trip to Europe this weekend and used my Tier 2 to gain entry back into the UK. No questions asked.

As long as you receive both your passport and visa when you request your documents, it should be ok to travel it seems. Just make sure you let the home office know that's the reason you need them.