ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bed
Turkey

Passport application

Post by Bed » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:06 am

Hi guys. Not sure if this is already been asked or not but I was wondering if every applicant who have been naturalised have to go for a passport interview or do they just pick and choose random people for it? Looking at the timelines i can see some guys who have been naturalised recently have got their passports without interview where as some have to go in for interview. How do they decide who needs an interview?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport application

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:31 am

HMPO Decide and it is random. We wouldn't know how or if they select people or why, we don't work for HMPO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bed
Turkey

Re: Passport application

Post by Bed » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:22 am

Well I have just called them, they are really helpful by the way the customer service for the passport office is great. Anyway what they told me was they normally onlu request interviews for people who have naturalised over a year ago.