ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR for European citizens

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ummibrahim
Newly Registered
Hungary

PR for European citizens

Post by ummibrahim » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:11 pm

Hi, my mum and my siblings did not do their PR yet. They arrived to the UK 9 yrs ago from Hungary. I try to push them to apply for PR but they all say they don't need to, Settlement Status is going to be enough for them. Is it true? I think PR is more important too, they should have both. Can you explain it why is better to have PR too or is it really unnecessary? Thank you!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: PR for European citizens

Post by zimba » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:33 pm

Technically, the PR status will no longer be legally recognised when the UK leaves the EU as PR is based on the current EEA rules which will cease to apply from the Brexit day onwards. So the settled status (under the EU settlement scheme) will be legally recognised instead for any further application in the UK like British citizenship
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ummibrahim
Newly Registered
Hungary

Re: PR for European citizens

Post by ummibrahim » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:36 pm

Thank you!