ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Paul99
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Paul99 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:56 pm

AnILRApplicant wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:49 pm
tbp wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:25 pm
Agreed with the capitalism part of things.

But in my opinion, they wouldn't be able to send invitations for IDV app, before 10 August at least. As they need to wait for OPT OUT emails to come through until 7 August. Then they will need to sort out the database during weekend to be able to send appointment emails on Monday. And the rest of the applicants can wait or expect to receive invitations on or after 10 August. But nobody knows as they mentioned the roll out in phases in "few weeks" again.

Also, I don't think they will move onto July applicants until they know how many people will be opting-out from biometric reuse. There is a backlog of applicants for a period of 4 months who were on hold for a month now since biometric reuse was announced.
As a July applicant, I certainly hope they’ll invite people next week. I think it would be weird to have people prior to that given the chance to accelerate due to emergencies but not July applicants. I also hope they’ll prioritise those from July who have to get a biometrics appt vs those who have the option of re use.
They are opening another 8 service point on 3rd aug and few 10 aug -last 1 in 31st aug -So in my view more appointments will be there-Also it will be paid one -lots of paid ones are getting wasted(Atleast this can be given to those who are in urgency) -no one ready to book .
Many Thanks .

Paul99
United Kingdom

Post by Paul99 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:15 pm

My opinion : Opt out wont be the best at this time without knowing next update as said above -no one knows App will take over or optout appointment will take over .
Many Thanks .

AnILRApplicant
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by AnILRApplicant » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:30 pm

I think your points about there being more appointments is quite valid. I think from the 10th of Aug, they’ll probably be looking to immediately inviting new applicants to choose their preferred means of submitting biometrics.

There’s no real reason to keep grouping people month by month since they’ve nearly caught up

Paul99
United Kingdom

Post by Paul99 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:33 pm

AnILRApplicant wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:30 pm
I think your points about there being more appointments is quite valid. I think from the 10th of Aug, they’ll probably be looking to immediately inviting new applicants to choose their preferred means of submitting biometrics.

There’s no real reason to keep grouping people month by month since they’ve nearly caught up
Also seen in one of other FB forum -July application are getting mail for appointment (not sure how trust full it is )-Have you got any mail from UKVAS for BIO?
Many Thanks .

AnILRApplicant
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by AnILRApplicant » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:37 pm

Paul99 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:33 pm
AnILRApplicant wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:30 pm

Also seen in one of other FB forum -July application are getting mail for appointment (not sure how trust full it is )-Have you got any mail from UKVAS for BIO?

I know people from the 1st of July got an email but not after. What date did they apply? I haven’t received anything

Paul99
United Kingdom

Post by Paul99 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:40 pm

Note sure the date(not mention) -but i had done mine in 2nd July -not received any .
Many Thanks .

AnILRApplicant
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by AnILRApplicant » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:43 pm

Paul99 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:40 pm
Note sure the date(not mention) -but i had done mine in 2nd July -not received any .
Ok cool. Thanks for the info

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:47 pm

All I know with these things that Phase and few weeks are favorite words of UKVCAS

what are your thoughts?

AnILRApplicant
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by AnILRApplicant » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:58 pm

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:47 pm
All I know with these things that Phase and few weeks are favorite words of UKVCAS

what are your thoughts?
I think they will launch the app the week of the 10th. It’ll probably be that week or the week after. “Few weeks” being the lee way in case they can’t launch on the 10th. But it’s a lot of conjecture from me right now. I agree with the opt out being their means of making money. I think it’ll make sense to opt out in the month of August since the app is still up in the air. Probably not so in the months of September onwards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:28 pm

@abhardawaj

My situation is different as I am NOT an ILR applicant. I am a BC applicant. However, even for myself I am caught up in the dilemma of opting out or not.

Having said that, I am in no rush (unlike applicants who are caught up for ILR) as clearly I do not have any restrictions on travel etc (since I already have ILR). I personally do not want to be pushed back in the queue if I opt out.

Maybe the sensible thing for now is to go with the flow as things are unclear if opting out would have any clear advantage over opting in.

So maybe I will just stay put with the IDV app.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

QSDanik
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by QSDanik » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:32 pm

tbp wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:26 pm
I also received an email from UKVCAS regarding biometric reuse.

I am copying it here.
THE SUBJECT LINE IS: UKVCAS Biometric reuse update

If you have received this message on behalf of the lead applicant, please ensure they are informed immediately.

We recently wrote to tell you that UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) is changing the way it processes applications in response to COVID-19. For some customers, this involves reusing biometrics (fingerprints and photograph) that have been recorded in a previous application as part of the process to verify your identity, consider your application and/or produce a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).

To allow biometrics to be reused for some customers, UKVI and UKVCAS (UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services) have worked together to develop a way to submit facial images using a new UKVCAS Identity Verification app (referred to below as IDV app).

The IDV app lets you submit application information to UKVI without having to book or attend an appointment with UKVCAS. This new, free to use, way of submitting information to UKVI will involve you taking a photo of yourself and uploading supporting information onto your mobile device. The IDV app is quick and easy to use and works on most Android and iPhones.

When will the IDV app be available?

Rollout of the IDV app will take place in phases, beginning in August. We will invite eligible customers to use the new IDV app rather than require you to book an appointment at a UKVCAS service point.

UKVI have identified that you are eligible to use the IDV app, as UKVI can use biometrics you have previously provided.

Please be reassured that your immigration status remains unaffected whilst your application is in progress.

What does this mean for me?

For most customers, using the IDV app means you will not have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point.

An invitation will be sent for you to use the new IDV app within the next few weeks, with further details about how to the use IDV app and the next steps.

What do I need to do next?
If you are happy to use the IDV app, you don’t need to do anything. We will be in touch within the next few weeks to invite you to use the new IDV app.

What if I want to book an appointment and not use the IDV app?
See Questions and Answers below

What if I need an outcome on my application due to compassionate or emergency reasons?
Please contact UKVI for further information here.
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

Please note, your immigration status will not be affected in the meantime. If you do not have a passport or a travel document, please contact UKVI for further advice.

If you need further information, please see Questions and Answers below.

Kind regards,

UKVCAS

Please note that we will never send an email to ask you to provide payment details.

This email address is not monitored. If your question is not answered above, please check our website.

Questions and Answers

What if I can’t download the IDV app on my phone?
If you are unable to use the new IDV app, you will be able to book an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point.

What if I want to book an appointment and not use the IDV app?
The key advantage of the IDV app is you don’t have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point. If you urgently need a decision about your application, (for example because you need to travel outside of the UK), the option to book an appointment is still available. See next steps below.

Note: If you are part of a group, applicants must either ALL use the IDV app or ALL book an appointment.

Here are the steps to follow:
Send UKVCAS an email from your UKVCAS registered email address to admin.ukvas@soprasteria.com by Friday 7 August.

Include the words ‘OPT OUT’ and your 16-digit Unique Application Number(UAN) as the subject line.

In the email, state your name (and the names of other applicants in your group if applicable) and that you want to opt out of the IDV app.

If you opt out on or up to 7 August 2020, UKVCAS will send you an email during week commencing 10 August 2020 inviting you to book an appointment at a UKVCAS service point.

IN EMAIL OF IDP App introduction, there is
Note: If you are part of a group, applicants must either ALL use the IDV app or ALL book an appointment.
Does it mean Option out for every one or only for Group ( applicants)

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:36 pm

Why didn't they give us this opt-out option, when they initially sent out biometric re use email? This leads to me to think that UKVCAS dictating terms and propably didn't agree 100% for biometric reuse. They might have initially sent out that reuse email reluctantly because of home office pressure or huge back log. Now the situation is different and they have lot of paid appointments to offer. So intentionally delaying the app or after all the app is not yet ready.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:45 pm

asap8 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:36 pm
Why didn't they give us this opt-out option, when they initially sent out biometric re use email? This leads to me to think that UKVCAS dictating terms and propably didn't agree 100% for biometric reuse. They might have initially sent out that reuse email reluctantly because of home office pressure or huge back log. Now the situation is different and they have lot of paid appointments to offer. So intentionally delaying the app or after all the app is not yet ready.
I believe because this is a NEW app which was not in use before. Plus given the huge back log previously, things were different then. The backlog has subsided since as many were given the option to book appointments who did not qualify for reuse biometrics.

Now, even if 20-30% opt out, the system will move on. Plus, I believe this option is majorly for the ones who are not comfortable with the use of the app. For example, elderly etc who can not have the access to such apps etc. Majority, I believe, will opt in.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:53 pm

But why didn't they think about these issues before? So effectively they wasted at least five weeks of the people who would want to opt out and let the applicants who applied after them to get decisions. This is unfair.

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:55 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:45 pm
asap8 wrote:

I believe because this is a NEW app which was not in use before. Plus given the huge back log previously, things were different then. The backlog has subsided since as many were given the option to book appointments who did not qualify for reuse biometrics.

Now, even if 20-30% opt out, the system will move on. Plus, I believe this option is majorly for the ones who are not comfortable with the use of the app. For example, elderly etc who can not have the access to such apps etc. Majority, I believe, will opt in.
But why didn't they think about these issues before? So effectively they wasted at least five weeks of the people who would want to opt out and let the applicants who applied after them to get decisions. This is unfair.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:11 pm

asap8 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:55 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
asap8 wrote:

If they had given this opt out option previously, I believe everyone would have opted out, and then the rush to book appointments, the whole point to subside the backlog would have failed then.

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:41 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:11 pm
asap8 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:55 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
asap8 wrote:

If they had given this opt out option previously, I believe everyone would have opted out, and then the rush to book appointments, the whole point to subside the backlog would have failed then.
I still believe a lot of people will opt out and there will be a rush for the appointments. We have access to the appointment system since June as we have two applications (Tier 2 etn. and varied ILR) with home office and could see lot of paid appointments always. They could have easily let people to book those slots. Sheer waste of time.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:45 pm

Although, things are speeding up but I agree the whole situation could have dealt with in a better way. UKVI and UKVCAS struggled even before covid, covid just exacerbated the situation.

Raldoc
Newly Registered
India

Post by Raldoc » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:04 pm

Also the email says IDV app will allow to submit facial image and Supporting information. Havent we already uploaded and submitted documents via UKVCAS? We should only be asked to submit facial image.

Whizart
United Kingdom

Post by Whizart » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:07 pm

I've received the Biometric Re-Use Update email today (Applied for SET(LR) in May).

Great, they've now managed to name the app !
After waiting for a month people were expecting to get started with uploading their facial image instantly and complete their Biometric enrollment process, but guess what they've dropped another "few weeks" b o m b to add to this dilemma.
They should have given us the options to opt-out when they first sent us the re-use email. I am sure most of us would've already used that option and attended biometric appointments and a few would have possibly received a decision by now, but the "experts" at UKVCAS had better ideas.

The terms Phased and Few weeks have confused me whether to Opt-in or Opt-out. Not sure if Opting out would be a wise decision at this stage.

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:00 pm

Whizart wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:07 pm
I've received the Biometric Re-Use Update email today (Applied for SET(LR) in May).

After waiting for a month people were expecting to get started with uploading their facial image instantly and complete their Biometric enrollment process, but guess what they've dropped another "few weeks" b o m b to add to this dilemma.
They should have given us the options to opt-out when they first sent us the re-use email. I am sure most of us would've already used that option and attended biometric appointments and a few would have possibly received a decision by now, but the "experts" at UKVCAS had better ideas.

The terms Phased and Few weeks have confused me whether to Opt-in or Opt-out. Not sure if Opting out would be a wise decision at this stage.
I would not vouch for opt-out. I am sticking to reuse now

ssm026
Newly Registered
India

Post by ssm026 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:52 pm

All,

Here is my thought on the whole IDV opt out scenario. Lets just think about worst case scenario because this is what people who risk loosing job or are looking to switch jobs might really be worried about (time). Other who have time on there hand IDV is a hassle free option.

So scenario 1 - What happens if someone Opts out (Worst Case)
- no activity untill 10th Aug
- if you are really lucky( and i mean it) you might have to wait for a Few Weeks to get the Biometric enrollment invite. Lets say another 2 weeks which takes us to 21st Aug. I'm assuming 2 weeks here given the amount of paid apointment which are going unutilised.
- Pay a fee lets say GBP 110 to get the biometric done mostly same week.
- How long does it take for the decision thats anybodys guess

Scenario 2 - What happens if someone opts in (Worst case)
- As per the email, they have mentioned phased roll out of IDV app begining in Aug and Invitation to use the app will be sent in next few weeks
- So with that, worst case is UKVI can release the app on 31st Aug just to a handfull of customer and still fullfill the commitment made as per above statement.
- Considering that its an app which is being integrated with sensitive (information wise) system any organisation will take all necessary precaution to make sure there are no suprises hence the phased roll out.
- In such a scenrio can there be further delay ??? when will my turn come in phased roll out??? we can keep guessing.

All I'm saying best case scenario will work out for everyone who opts in. However if it turns out to be worst case scenario given the way UKVCAS and UKVI has handeled the entire episode since begining. Question to be asked is do we have enough time to wait?

Again I'm not recommending anyone to make decision based on the assumptions i have made however this should give you some perspective to think before you make any decision.

Cheers.

Thomas_84
Newly Registered
India

Post by Thomas_84 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:47 am

Here is my personal opinion - If you need visa urgently, better to opt out of IDV app.

Paul99
United Kingdom

Post by Paul99 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:37 am

Dear Members ,Does any one SET O application got reuse -Bio-metric Mail for March to june application submission -Any one come across this forums?
Many Thanks .

Paul99
United Kingdom

Post by Paul99 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:16 pm

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:00 pm
Whizart wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:07 pm

I would not vouch for opt-out. I am sticking to reuse now
@abhardwaj1390
I had read your last post -looks you & dependent are in bio metric reuse cat-May i know when was your last Bio done for you & dep ?Since you have kids i had read outside this forum -kids bio should be within last 2 years to get into this category? Just trying find how they are choosing the groups ?
Many Thanks .