ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zwei1213
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2021 Pending Approval

Post by zwei1213 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:44 pm

is there a template letter for FOI request that can be followed?

KristinaT
Belarus

Post by KristinaT » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:51 pm

Me and my spouse both applied to FOI and got response:

Your application for naturalisation continues to be processed in the normal way with a view to
establishing whether the applicant meets the statutory conditions for the granting of
naturalisation. If further documentation and/or clarification of any matter related to your
application is required from you, we will write to you requesting it.

KristinaT
Belarus

Post by KristinaT » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:52 pm

No template for FOI - just mention when you applied, your application and person ids

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:54 pm

KristinaT wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:52 pm
No template for FOI - just mention when you applied, your application and person ids
Hold on, there's a form and dedicated email address.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:56 pm

zwei1213 wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:44 pm
is there a template letter for FOI request that can be followed?
https://jobs.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/F ... nformation - page
https://jobs.justice.ie/en/JELR/foi-req ... -form.docx - summary
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

zwei1213
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zwei1213 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:58 pm

thank you meself2

Palantir
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Palantir » Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:00 pm

After how long from applying did you lodge FOI? Did they not give you copies of the documents created in relation to your application?
KristinaT wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:51 pm

Your application for naturalisation continues to be processed in the normal way with a view to
establishing whether the applicant meets the statutory conditions for the granting of
naturalisation. If further documentation and/or clarification of any matter related to your

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:03 pm

KristinaT wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:51 pm

I feel like you filled it out not completely correct; see links above for the form and email (should be foi@justice.ie). What you got looks like a typical reply from citizenship helpdesk.

KristinaT
Belarus

Post by KristinaT » Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:19 pm

Yes, I sent here to foi@justice.ie

The records that have been refused have been either supplied by you or relate to
correspondence received from or issued to you and therefore it is reasonable to expect that
you already have access to these records.
Due to the restrictions imposed by the COVID-19 Pandemic and the attendant requirement to
comply with public health guidelines, unprecedented on-going delays are being experienced.
As stated on our website the current average processing for a straightforward application from
the date it is received to the date a decision is made is 19 months approximately (see
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/how-to- ... alisation/ ). This is the average processing time and does not guarantee all applications
will be processed within 19 month.
While it is not possible to give an exact timeframe in respect of your application, this office will
be in touch as soon as a decision has been reached and your continued patience is very much
appreciated.
Rights of Review
In the event that you are not happy with this decision you may seek a review of this decision
by writing to the Freedom of Information Officer, foi@justice.ie seeking an internal review of
the matter and referring to or enclosing a copy of this letter.
You should submit this application for a review of your request within 4 weeks from the date
of this notification, where a day is defined as a working day excluding the weekend and public
holidays. The making of a late application for review may be permitted in appropriate
circumstances. The review will involve a complete reconsideration of the matter by a more
senior member of the staff of this body and the decision will be communicated to you within 3
weeks.

that's full answer - I got some copies of my documents but not everything

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:24 pm

KristinaT wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:19 pm
Yes, I sent here to foi@justice.ie

The records that have been refused have been either supplied by you or relate to
correspondence received from or issued to you and therefore it is reasonable to expect that
you already have access to these records.
Due to the restrictions imposed by the COVID-19 Pandemic and the attendant requirement to
comply with public health guidelines, unprecedented on-going delays are being experienced.
As stated on our website the current average processing for a straightforward application from
the date it is received to the date a decision is made is 19 months approximately (see
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/how-to- ... alisation/ ). This is the average processing time and does not guarantee all applications
will be processed within 19 month.
While it is not possible to give an exact timeframe in respect of your application, this office will
be in touch as soon as a decision has been reached and your continued patience is very much
appreciated.
Rights of Review
In the event that you are not happy with this decision you may seek a review of this decision
by writing to the Freedom of Information Officer, foi@justice.ie seeking an internal review of
the matter and referring to or enclosing a copy of this letter.
You should submit this application for a review of your request within 4 weeks from the date
of this notification, where a day is defined as a working day excluding the weekend and public
holidays. The making of a late application for review may be permitted in appropriate
circumstances. The review will involve a complete reconsideration of the matter by a more
senior member of the staff of this body and the decision will be communicated to you within 3
weeks.

that's full answer - I got some copies of my documents but not everything
Oh okay. Did you get anything that helped you figure out the delay? Eg here post1795337.html it was a missing travel page.

KristinaT
Belarus

Post by KristinaT » Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:50 pm

No, I have no checklist like this, but I did absent 6 weeks in the first year, but I explained why (my grandad passed away) + I applied 6 weeks later than I was able

KristinaT
Belarus

Post by KristinaT » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:19 pm

does everyone who delaid were absent 6 weeks?

Prashantckc

Post by Prashantckc » Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:25 pm

Do we know whets the different status of Garda vetting?

Thsi is what I see for my application

20 Apr 23 9:36 AM
Application process completed
9:12 AM
Application scheduled for completion
In Progress (NVB)

17 Apr 23
4:38 PM
In Progress (NVB)

5 Apr 23
10:12 AM
In Progress (NVB)
10:09 AM
Application submitted to NVB for processing

3 Apr 23
1:19 PM
Application awaiting review by registered organisation
11:26 AM
Invitation sent to applicant
10:59 AM
Invitation being prepared by NVB
10:51 AM
Invitation received by NVB

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:27 pm

Prashantckc wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:25 pm

In Progress (NVB)
17 Apr 23
In Progress (NVB)
5 Apr 23
In Progress (NVB)
3 Apr 23
At the moment you have been vetted and result is ready. The only next status that's important to you is "Disclosure viewed", meaning ISD has seen what Garda disclosed about you. You'll get an email when it happens.

Example chart explaining statuses: https://www.tudublin.ie/media/website/s ... 17-PDF.pdf

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:47 pm

Has anyone from the most recent batch of e-vetting gotten approval yet and been asked to pay the fee?
How long before the ceremony do they normally send out invitations? The next ceremony is "only" 56 days away, which really isnt that long when people need to organise time off work and hotel stays, especially for Killarney in June.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:53 pm

luxurylemon wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:47 pm
Has anyone from the most recent batch of e-vetting gotten approval yet and been asked to pay the fee?
How long before the ceremony do they normally send out invitations? The next ceremony is "only" 56 days away, which really isnt that long when people need to organise time off work and hotel stays, especially for Killarney in June.
It's not known if they will send email invites (as they did for March ceremony) or via post. But they send it 1-2 weeks before the ceremony. But you should get your approval letter earlier for payment.

nzrmd
Turkey

Post by nzrmd » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:10 pm

I'm curious about this as well. My evetting was finalized and viewed in mid March, I haven't gotten any update since then. Hopefully they will start requesting the fees in May.
luxurylemon wrote:

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:16 pm

mentalmind wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:53 pm
luxurylemon wrote:
It's not known if they will send email invites (as they did for March ceremony) or via post. But they send it 1-2 weeks before the ceremony. But you should get your approval letter earlier for payment.
Jesus that's not an awful lot of notice for taking time off or even trying to get a hotel in June. Because it seems from the past not everyone who gets approval and makes a payment will get in for the next ceremony so you cant really assume and its two different days anyway.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:35 pm

luxurylemon wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:16 pm
mentalmind wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:53 pm
luxurylemon wrote:
Jesus that's not an awful lot of notice for taking time off or even trying to get a hotel in June. Because it seems from the past not everyone who gets approval and makes a payment will get in for the next ceremony so you cant really assume and its two different days anyway.
there is early train arriving around 10 to ceremony location so it's not really mandatory to get a hotel but you can always book a free cancel hotel via booking website and you can cancel it 3 days before the event.

madakaczka
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by madakaczka » Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:23 pm

Where is the venue in Killarney for the ceremony? Do you know if it's on the weekends or would it be midweek? Asking because I'm starting a new job and I will only have weekends off :lol:

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:32 pm

INEC Killarney. Next dates are the 19th and 20th of June so a Monday and Tuesday.

Prashantckc

Post by Prashantckc » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:09 am

meself2 wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:27 pm
Prashantckc wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:25 pm

In Progress (NVB)
17 Apr 23
In Progress (NVB)
5 Apr 23
In Progress (NVB)
3 Apr 23
At the moment you have been vetted and result is ready. The only next status that's important to you is "Disclosure viewed", meaning ISD has seen what Garda disclosed about you. You'll get an email when it happens.

Example chart explaining statuses: https://www.tudublin.ie/media/website/s ... 17-PDF.pdf
Thanks a lot. Its now showing disclosure viewed. Now I suppose we need to wait for the POST to pay the fees?

griffith2
Ireland

Post by griffith2 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:55 pm

I paid 950 on 26th March. The application is still sitting in submitted. I haven't received any invite yet. I even made a mistake submitting my photo. Not sure what will happen.
On 28 march i even sent an email to citizenshiponline@justice.ie but as usual no reply yet.

Joogoduniya
Pakistan

Post by Joogoduniya » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:05 pm

griffith2 wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:55 pm
I paid 950 on 26th March. The application is still sitting in submitted. I haven't received any invite yet. I even made a mistake submitting my photo. Not sure what will happen.
On 28 march i even sent an email to citizenshiponline@justice.ie but as usual no reply yet.
When your E-Vetting was viewed? Just trying to know. As mine E-vetting was disclosed/viewed on 14th March 2023 but no news after E-Vetting done.

Thanks a mil.

griffith2
Ireland

Post by griffith2 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:26 pm

Disclosure viewed on 24th feb 2023.

Letter of approval issued on 24th march 2023.
So a month later an approval was issued.