ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US B1/B2 Visa timeline

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

george1981
Newly Registered
India

US B1/B2 Visa timeline

Post by george1981 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:10 am

Hi,
Just wondering whether anyone has any experience in B1/B2 visa applications recently.

I had my interview last week and it is approved. I am curious how long they usually take to process and issue the visa and send the passport back (tracking still shows approved with the interview date)?

Online it says 10-12 days. I am travelling in 2 weeks.

Many thanks,
George

meself2
Ireland

Re: US B1/B2 Visa timeline

Post by meself2 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:31 am

There's just no good answer to this. It depends on the consulate (some get it next day/in two days from the embassy, some take longer), on the fact that you're under the consular checks or not (which may add another week or two) and so on.
Are you getting it sent to your address or you're collecting? Where did you apply?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

george1981
Newly Registered
India

Post by george1981 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:54 am

Thanks! I applied to London Embassy on 21st and visa officer said it's approved and should be with me in a few days. May be I need to stay patient (just wanna know other people's experiences)

george1981
Newly Registered
India

Post by george1981 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:04 pm

In the status check, it is written. Not sure whether this is standard text or not.

"The consular officer has approved your application subiect to final processing by the consular section that is necessary to issue your visa. When that processing is complete, the status will change to "Issued". However, a final screening step must still be completed prior to issuance that could lead a consular officer to conclude that you are not eligible for a visa. ar that occurs, the consular officer will notify you that your application has been denied and your status will change consular ofticer will notly vou that vour application has been denied and vour status will change to "Refused".
For more information, please visit U.S. Embassy London."