ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Child - visa extension after visa expiry

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hirennc
Newly Registered
India

Dependent Child - visa extension after visa expiry

Post by hirennc » Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:10 am

My Global Talent Visa is set to expire on September 15, 2023, and I intend to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) via super priority on August 21, 2023, with the expectation of receiving a decision promptly. I also have a dependent, my 10-year-old son, whose GTV dependent visa shares the same expiration date (15 Sept 2023).

I aim to request an extension of his visa for an additional three years. However, he has a series of critical 11+ examinations scheduled up until September 22, 2023. I'd like to avoid any disturbances during this crucial period. As a potential solution, I'm considering making an online application for his extension before September 15, 2023, but scheduling the physical appointment for after September 22, 2023.

I'm curious if this approach could impact his ILR application or disrupt his continuous residence in the UK in any way. Will there be any consequences if we attend the physical appointment post the expiration of his visa?

vinny

Re: Dependent Child - visa extension after visa expiry

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:20 am

That’s okay.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hirennc
Newly Registered
India

Re: Dependent Child - visa extension after visa expiry

Post by hirennc » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:11 pm

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. I understand it would not have any negative impact for ILR or continuous living in UK for 5 years... That is great..