ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning to Ireland from UK;:, urgent ADVICE NEEDED!!!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tgirl1000
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Returning to Ireland from UK;:, urgent ADVICE NEEDED!!!

Post by Tgirl1000 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:17 am

Hello everyone please I need your help/advise/talk etc, Please.

So, I lived in Ireland with my British partner for about 4 years there about, in 2019 he got a job in the UK, which then means we had to apply for a UK visa to relocate to the UK, the UK visa was granted to me. And btw I am a non-national.

While in Ireland for that 4 years, we had applied as a family member of European Union citizen (freedom movement) application for myself, which I was issued temporary stamp 4 on about two occasions, 1 was for 3 months or so while the 2nd was for 9 months. Both was temporarily.

Now my question is, my partner and I are no longer together and I want to come back to Ireland, what can be done or applied for? Etc what grands do I still have in Ireland considering that the first application was not finalised, and this has been 3 years after departing Ireland and I heard nothing from INIS after the 9 months stamp, that was given to me.

I do apologise for any inconvenience, in advance, and I thank you all in advance for your time to read and for your time in responding.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Returning to Ireland from UK;:, urgent ADVICE NEEDED!!!

Post by Angel99 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:12 am

Hi,

Unfortunately your stay in Ireland is wasted from the time you departed Ireland. If you lived in the Schengen area and if UK was part, then you could apply to return to the country you first had your EU residence card since by EU law after 3 years of marriage to an EU citizen you are allowed to remain in that EU country and favourable options in other EU countries even after divorce.

Though EU law also covers Ireland, they seem to do their own thing because they are not in the Schengen area.

The only option for you is apply for work permit or critical skilled permit or be patient and get your British citizenship and enjoy free movement to Ireland.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:51 am

I concur - your 4 years' residence give you no right to remain in Ireland ok their own. There is retained rights in Ireland, but yous have to apply for it within Ireland, so don't think that's an option, especially with UK leaving EU.

You would have to find a way to get to Ireland by other means, ie work visa. I don't know if you're permitted to be in the UK still considering you're no longer in a relationship, but if you do, waiting for British citizenship might be the best option.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

ackk
Ireland

Post by ackk » Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:11 pm

Tgirl1000 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:17 am
Hello everyone please I need your help/advise/talk etc, Please.

So, I lived in Ireland with my British partner for about 4 years there about, in 2019 he got a job in the UK, which then means we had to apply for a UK visa to relocate to the UK, the UK visa was granted to me. And btw I am a non-national.

While in Ireland for that 4 years, we had applied as a family member of European Union citizen (freedom movement) application for myself, which I was issued temporary stamp 4 on about two occasions, 1 was for 3 months or so while the 2nd was for 9 months. Both was temporarily.

Now my question is, my partner and I are no longer together and I want to come back to Ireland, what can be done or applied for? Etc what grands do I still have in Ireland considering that the first application was not finalised, and this has been 3 years after departing Ireland and I heard nothing from INIS after the 9 months stamp, that was given to me.

I do apologise for any inconvenience, in advance, and I thank you all in advance for your time to read and for your time in responding.
Returning to Ireland would be a bit of headache to be honest but however since you entered UK with a valid relocation visa your best option as mentioned by other members is to hang on in UK and apply for British Citizenship and I assume you are in employment.

Tgirl1000
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Tgirl1000 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:38 pm

Hello all, thanks so much for all your advice, I do appreciate all your contributions.