ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Consequences of Early ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cloud123
Newly Registered

Consequences of Early ILR Application

Post by cloud123 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:56 am

Hi Everyone,

What would happen if I apply extra early for ILR? Say 6 or 9 months before leave expiry.

I'm on the 5 year refugee residence permit, I had been on the 10 year route before that for 5 years because I have British children and didn't meet the financial requirements for a spouse visa.

I hope someone can shed some light.

Thank you for reading.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Consequences of Early ILR Application

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:41 am

cloud123 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:56 am
Hi Everyone,

What would happen if I apply extra early for ILR? Say 6 or 9 months before leave expiry.

I'm on the 5 year refugee residence permit, I had been on the 10 year route before that for 5 years because I have British children and didn't meet the financial requirements for a spouse visa.

I hope someone can shed some light.

Thank you for reading.
If you apply too early and find to be ineligible haven not met the qualifying time, you will be offered option to vary the application to an extension og your current leave.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:40 pm

Visa expiry is totally irrelevant. You apply when you are eligible for ILR or about to become eligible for ILR. You may choose to apply earlier and buy some time while waiting by benefiting from the date of decision: How to apply early and benefit from the date of the ILR decision ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

cloud123
Newly Registered

Post by cloud123 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:54 am

zimba wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:40 pm
Visa expiry is totally irrelevant. You apply when you are eligible for ILR or about to become eligible for ILR. You may choose to apply earlier and buy some time while waiting by benefiting from the date of decision: How to apply early and benefit from the date of the ILR decision ?
Thank you so much for your reply.

I'm just curious, if at the time of decision I'm not eligible for ILR yet, say 3-6 months short, what would happen then?

Would it be a simple rejection? Or could there be any punishments like cancelling leave or something bad?

Because I heard about someone who applied about 6 months before eligibility and received decision 3 months before being eligible to apply 🤔

Thank you!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:46 pm

You will be refused if you are not eligible by the time of decision but this will not affect your current valid leave. There is no reason why you should apply that early. You must apply early in cases when you do not have enough leave to cover your qualifying period and you can manage to benefit from the date of decision. Otherwise, you must apply for an extension instead or wait until eligible
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice