ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalise for non uk born under section 3 for Home Secretary consideration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rud
United Kingdom

Naturalise for non uk born under section 3 for Home Secretary consideration

Post by Rud » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:23 pm

Dear Advisor,

1) Child born in India and living in uk for 5+ years now
2) One parent has recently got British citizenship
3) Another parent and child is still believed to be Indian citizen holding flr m visa and eligible for settlement after few more years.

As per the recent update in High commission of India website page minor passport consular services section , the child’s Indian citizenship gets ceased if either of parent obtains citizenship of other countries therefore the child doesn’t qualify for Indian passport renewal . This information is clearly mentioned in HCI website.

My child Indian passport is about to expire in next few months at the sametime cannot apply for renewal as per the information in the HCI page also have confirmed the same in VFS and HCI chat.

Is my child eligible for direct naturalisation under Home Secretary consideration through MN1 form ? Is a screenshot of HCI website containing that information is sufficient to prove the statelessness ?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalise for non uk born under section 3 for Home Secretary consideration

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:24 pm

Child born outside UK needs ILR.
What is other parent's UK immigration status?
Child can apply for ILR when other parent applies for ILR.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:26 pm

There's no direct "registration", all requirements need to be complied with.
A child born outside UK needs ILR. What is other parent's UK immigration status?
Child can apply for ILR when other parent applies for ILR.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Rud
United Kingdom

Post by Rud » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:34 pm

Dear Advisor,

I would kindly request you to read all the details I have mentioned and let me know your suggestion please

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:42 pm

Because this situation is caused by a recent change to the Indian government's interpretation of Indian law, it is a known unknown.

It is worth noting that stateless children born in the UK and stateless adults living in the UK can register or naturalise only after at least five years of residence in the UK.

The child may qualify for a Home Office travel document for stateless persons, which is a substitute for a passport, but issued to non-citizens.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:09 pm

Also see post2156428.html#p2156428 - possibly developments from here will help your child to obtain an Indian passport.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Sivaquery
United Kingdom

Post by Sivaquery » Sun May 05, 2024 2:09 pm

Rud wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:23 pm
Dear Advisor,

1) Child born in India and living in uk for 5+ years now
2) One parent has recently got British citizenship
3) Another parent and child is still believed to be Indian citizen holding flr m visa and eligible for settlement after few more years.

As per the recent update in High commission of India website page minor passport consular services section , the child’s Indian citizenship gets ceased if either of parent obtains citizenship of other countries therefore the child doesn’t qualify for Indian passport renewal . This information is clearly mentioned in HCI website.

My child Indian passport is about to expire in next few months at the sametime cannot apply for renewal as per the information in the HCI page also have confirmed the same in VFS and HCI chat.

Is my child eligible for direct naturalisation under Home Secretary consideration through MN1 form ? Is a screenshot of HCI website containing that information is sufficient to prove the statelessness ?
Hi Rud,

Have you received any updates / advice or solution to your situation?
Did you apply for naturalisation via MN1 form or for the travel document or for statelessness ?
Pls let me know. I am in the same situation as yours.

Children born in India and living in UK for 5 years as of this month
One parent acquired British Citizenship after child's birth. The other parent is holding FLR M visa eligible for settlement only after 2027.

Pls if you could share any research or guidance I would be quite grateful.

Thanks
Siva