ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa curtailed - Civil Partnership

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MelodyGardot
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

Student Visa curtailed - Civil Partnership

Post by MelodyGardot » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:00 am

Well, we've been looking for information for several months now, it's very complicated and I'm completely lost, I have to admit ... :roll:

So for now I'm on a student visa, my boyfriend and I have planned to give notice of a civil partnership and the date is May 8, 2025 (if anyone can give us clues as to what to expect that would be cool too! :mrgreen: ).

The plan was for me to withdraw from my university to try and get some money for our future life and also to be able to pay for the spouse visa ...
I saw on the internet that once the university informs the home office I have 60 days to change my visa, so can we get married during this period? And then I change to the spouse visa during this 60-day period, I looked into the fiance visa etc. ... And it makes no sense because I have to be outside the UK ... When I'm ALREADY in the country ...

We've thought about all the solutions and it's out of the question for us to separate, we love each other, and we're also waiting for an answer from an agency to get a room for the two of us in London from May 19, 2025 (Yes, we know how difficult it is to find accommodation in London). But we don't care, we'd rather live TOGETHER in a tiny room than be separated...

This visa business has become very complicated and at times we're losing our heads a bit ... :evil:

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Student Visa curtailed - Civil Partnership

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:46 pm

Assuming the dates given are for 2024 not 2025?

When you leave university they will inform the Home Office however it will take months before your visa is cancelled. Once you receive the cancellation notice only at that point does the 60 days start.

Spouse / civil partnership visa route. You will have to give notice to the register and that will be passed to the Home Office. The HO will either grant permission to marry / civil partnership or not. If you are showing as pending visa cancellation then that will be considered at the time. Will is absolutely stop it being granted, no.

Meeting the income threshold- your salary will not be counted if your visa is cancelled and as a student you can’t work more than 20 hours if you leave the university.

Accommodation - renting a room is fine as long as your landlord meets the requirements and gives you a rental agreement that states the accommodation you occupy and access to the other areas of the house. If the house is a HMO then it will probably be easier. There is a right to rent check - you will have to pass that as a foreign renter.