ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which rate is applicable for skilled workver visa inside? standard rate or lower going rate?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raviabi1
Newly Registered
India

Which rate is applicable for skilled workver visa inside? standard rate or lower going rate?

Post by raviabi1 » Wed May 08, 2024 2:05 pm

Hi,
I'm on skilled worker visa inside UK. My sponsor licence got cancelled recently and got curtailment letter from home office too. But I got a job from an employer and he is ready to sponsor me now. (somehow he got the priority COS allocation too).
Now the problem is, the salaries in the standard rate are too high, which is not possible for the employer. Also, we are bit confused about the standard rate and lower going rate.
I assume, the lower going rate is applicable for those inside UK. But my employer is refusing and says visa might get reject.

Please someone help us to understand and tell which is applicable for us.

mowaid

Re: Which rate is applicable for skilled workver visa inside? standard rate or lower going rate?

Post by mowaid » Wed May 08, 2024 2:52 pm

if your job is on ISL than you can pay less than 38700£ but if your job is not on ISL list you have to have pay 38700£ or the stander going rate which ever is high for eg: if your job code in skill occupation list says stander going rate is 23000£ your emplyer must have to pay you 38700£ but if your job code in Skill occupation list says stander rate is 41000£ than your employer can not pay you 38700£ and must have to select the higher rate which is 41000£

I hope it should have solve the confusion

raviabi1
Newly Registered
India

Re: Which rate is applicable for skilled workver visa inside? standard rate or lower going rate?

Post by raviabi1 » Wed May 08, 2024 3:06 pm

But I read this in gov.uk site

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... tion-codes

If you qualify for the standard rate, because you got your certificate of sponsorship after 4 April 2024, read the ‘standard rate’ column.

If you qualify for the lower rate, read the ‘lower rate’ column.

You qualify for the lower rate if you:

are applying for a Health and Care Worker Visa in certain occupations
got your certificate of sponsorship for this visa application before 4 April 2024
got your certificate of sponsorship for your first Skilled Worker visa before 4 April 2024 and have continually held one or more Skilled Worker visas since then

from the above point, i understood as I qualify for the lower rate. Since I'm already in skilled worker visa only.

raviabi1
Newly Registered
India

Post by raviabi1 » Wed May 08, 2024 7:36 pm

Someone please clarify this. I'm inside UK has skilled worker visa and now with new sponsor applying visa.

The salary eligibility is lower going rate or only standard rate. Please understand that I have no confusion on ISL... My job code is not in ISL but in skilled worker list. I have confusion on standard and lower going rate only

ska_abbas

Post by ska_abbas » Thu May 09, 2024 12:32 pm

Those who were in the UK before 4 April and have had Skilled Worker visa are eligilble for lower rates.

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... april-2024

clearly says this:

If you got your certificate of sponsorship before 4 April 2024
There are lower salary requirements if either:

you got your certificate of sponsorship for this visa application before 4 April 2024
you got your certificate of sponsorship for your first Tier 2 or Skilled Worker visa before 4 April 2024 and have continually held one or more Skilled Worker visas since then

raviabi1
Newly Registered
India

Post by raviabi1 » Fri May 10, 2024 12:23 pm

Thank you so much for the clarification