ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee Declaration Form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

n1994
Newly Registered

Referee Declaration Form

Post by n1994 » Thu May 02, 2024 12:44 am

Hi everyone,

I completed the post version of the naturalisation application before realising that UK residents should ideally use the online method. I now want to take the online route but one of my referees has travelled abroad and won’t be returning soon (the professional referee). I already have their signature on the paper version of the form but I am not sure if it’s identical to the referee consent form that you get with the online application.

My question is, for those who completed the online application, is the form required to be done by the referee identical to this one? https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

If both referee declaration forms are the same online or via post then can I upload it online and discard my postal application?

Thank you for your help!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Referee Declaration Form

Post by Amber » Thu May 02, 2024 5:06 am

The referee form that requires completion by both referees for the online version is - https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf you could email the link to them and they could complete it and scan/send back to you.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

StruggleisReal

Post by StruggleisReal » Fri May 10, 2024 9:02 am

Hi

Is this the only form the references need to fill out? Is there any other page in the application that needs filling out by the referees?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri May 10, 2024 10:09 am

That is all the referees need to fill in. They can sign electronically as far as the signature is consistent with the one shown in their passports. No need to print/scan, all digital is OK.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.