ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approval letter

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

peace23
Ireland

Re: Approval letter

Post by peace23 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:16 pm

Is it standard post or registered ? . still no letter for me (applied May 2023). There is usually delays in post delivery in my area.

kzz
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by kzz » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:07 pm

normal standard post in a brown envelope , similar to the first acknowledgement letter that you received after submitting the citizenship application.

peace23
Ireland

Post by peace23 » Thu May 02, 2024 5:52 pm

still no luck. is there anyone who got their Disclosure viewed in March / April didn't receive approval yet? I just don't understand which order they based their process on

JMa12
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by JMa12 » Fri May 03, 2024 10:34 am

I haven't received an approval letter yet and my disclosure was reviewed in March.
I heard that the ones who got an approval letter were asked to pay the fee within 10 days otherwise they'll miss the next ceremony, which is very frustrating to say the least.

Jane20231
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Jane20231 » Fri May 03, 2024 12:11 pm

peace23 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 5:52 pm
still no luck. is there anyone who got their Disclosure viewed in March / April didn't receive approval yet? I just don't understand which order they based their process on
Hi, My disclosure view on 5th of March 2024 but not yet receive the approval letter, it look like they have sent the first batch of approval on 26th April 2024 because whoever received the approval letter in recent days mentioned that the date on letter is 26th April 2024

peace23
Ireland

Post by peace23 » Fri May 03, 2024 5:44 pm

I'm not going to stress about it too much as there is no point doing that, all we can do is just wait.

I was actually worried that they might have sent me the letter and it got lost with the an post or delayed ,but I email them and and they said "No correspondence has been issued to you" . Even though it's not good news, but I'm kinda relieved to know that.

Coconutcreek
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Coconutcreek » Mon May 06, 2024 3:39 pm

kzz wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:07 pm
normal standard post in a brown envelope , similar to the first acknowledgement letter that you received after submitting the citizenship application.
Hi all
I have received a letter from justice department,the language is bit confusing
It says
This letter doesn't constitute grant of Naturalisation certificate
And then it says
The minister proposes to grant your application subject to successful completion of application process.
It then proceeds to show my name and date of birth and place and country of birth and says for the context of passport application only this name acceptable.
At last it says if certificate of Naturalisation to be granted I ll receive a letter for attending next ceremony and on next page asked me to send the copy of my IRP and my travel document.
So is it approval letter or still some process is going to happen .I am bit confused with all the wording.please ignore my misunderstanding.i will be greatfull if someone can reply .
Regards

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon May 06, 2024 3:51 pm

Coconutcreek wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 3:39 pm
kzz wrote:
Hi all
It says
And then it says
The minister proposes to grant your application subject to successful completion of application process.
It then proceeds to show my name and date of birth and place and country of birth and says for the context of passport application only this name acceptable.
At last it says if certificate of Naturalisation to be granted I ll receive a letter for attending next ceremony and on next page asked me to send the copy of my IRP and my travel document.
So is it approval letter or still some process is going to happen .I am bit confused with all the wording.please ignore my misunderstanding.i will be greatfull if someone can reply .
Regards
It is the approval letter. It means your application will be approved once you have followed the instructions outlined in the letter.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon May 06, 2024 3:55 pm

Coconutcreek wrote:
Regards
AFAIK it's a similar process as in the UK - :
-The approval letter is just advising you that your application has been approved
- Letter does not confer citizenship (not proof of citizenship).
- You will only be Irish (or British in the UK) once you have attended the ceremony.
- Your certificate is the document that proves your citizenship (and will be posted to you).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Coconutcreek
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Coconutcreek » Mon May 06, 2024 4:12 pm

littlerr wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 3:51 pm
Coconutcreek wrote:
kzz wrote:
Hi all
It says
And then it says
Regards
It is the approval letter. It means your application will be approved once you have followed the instructions outlined in the letter.
Thank you for your reply

Coconutcreek
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Coconutcreek » Mon May 06, 2024 4:13 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 3:55 pm
Coconutcreek wrote:
Regards
AFAIK it's a similar process as in the UK - :
-The approval letter is just advising you that your application has been approved
- Letter does not confer citizenship (not proof of citizenship).
- You will only be Irish (or British in the UK) once you have attended the ceremony.
- Your certificate is the document that proves your citizenship (and will be posted to you).
Thank you for your reply.

peace23
Ireland

Post by peace23 » Wed May 08, 2024 2:03 pm

Is there any chance they're going to send more approvals before the upcoming ceremonies , especially since there are 4 days Ceremonies?

Also, in case I got approval , does anyone know if I can still pay the fees if my IRP expired (it will expires in the end of May) ?
I requested an appointment for renewal in February and I'm yet to get an appointment

Daranum
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Daranum » Thu May 09, 2024 12:19 am

peace23 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 5:52 pm
My disclosure was viewed on 05.04.2024 but no approval letter yet

Daranum
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Daranum » Thu May 09, 2024 12:24 am

littlerr wrote:
Coconutcreek wrote:
kzz wrote:
Hi all
It says
And then it says
Regards
I'm just wondering
Is everyone asked to send IRP and travel documents?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu May 09, 2024 8:50 am

Daranum wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 12:24 am
littlerr wrote:
Coconutcreek wrote:
kzz wrote:
Hi all
It says
And then it says
Regards
I'm just wondering
Travel documents are for refugees - they mean travel documents issued by Ireland, not your passport.

Re IRP - I'm not sure, I got my approval letter before that. If they ask for it, send it. But as you mention a copy, I assume you'll just need to upload it on the portal.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Daranum
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Daranum » Thu May 09, 2024 12:12 pm

meself2 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 8:50 am
Daranum wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 12:24 am
littlerr wrote:
Coconutcreek wrote:
kzz wrote:
Hi all
It says
And then it says
Regards
I'm just wondering
Travel documents are for refugees - they mean travel documents issued by Ireland, not your passport.

Re IRP - I'm not sure, I got my approval letter before that. If they ask for it, send it. But as you mention a copy, I assume you'll just need to upload it on the portal.
Thank you 😊

peace23
Ireland

Post by peace23 » Tue May 14, 2024 10:08 am

As per the ' Citizenship applications update ' email:

"Around 10,000 decisions due to issue in the coming days for 2023, 2022 and older files"

Hopefully everyone waiting get a decision this week or next week

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:30 pm

peace23 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 10:08 am

"Around 10,000 decisions due to issue in the coming days for 2023, 2022 and older files"

Could you please post the entire email here?

Jane20231
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Jane20231 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:50 pm

User20123 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 1:30 pm
peace23 wrote:

14 May 2024
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your continued patience while we work through the current backlog of Citizenship applications.

Citizenship Division understands how delays in processing can have an impact on the lives of our applicants and we want to assure you that we are doing everything possible to remove the current backlog of files which remain a legacy of the pandemic, the paper based nature of the applications and sheer volumes.

Last year saw some progress with more than 20,000 applications approved. This was a 10 year high and came off the back of the Department holding more large scale Citizenship Ceremonies than ever before (15 across both Dublin and Kerry). We are committed to ensuring our upward trajectory of naturalisation decisions and access to ceremonies continues throughout 2024.

Over a two year period we have increased processing volumes by 66 per cent. We recognise there is still a need for more progress but we want to assure you we are doing everything possible to increase the volume of decisions we make and reduce the amount of time it takes to become naturalised.

2024 Ceremony schedule

We recognise the importance of giving applicants more opportunities to attend Citizenship Ceremonies to complete their naturalisation. In June this year, for the first time ever, we will be holding ceremonies in both Dublin and Kerry.

This will give us the opportunity to naturalise around 10,000 people across 12 ceremonies. Unfortunately we are not in a position to be able to give applicants a choice of venue.

The dates for these ceremonies are below. Invites will begin to issue in the coming weeks.

Killarney Dates: 10th and 11th June 2024
Dublin Dates: 20th and 21st June 2024
It is our intention to hold additional ceremonies in September and December of this year also. Once venues and dates are confirmed we will include them on the website.

eVetting

Since January 2024 Citizenship division has completed eVetting for over 12,600 people. Of the files we have on hand from 2023 and older, all have been offered eVetting links. Unfortunately there are a tranche of applications who have not responded when links have been sent.

If you have received a link and not filled it in, please do so as soon as possible as we will be unable to process your application until this step is complete.

If your application is from 2023 or older and you have not received an eVetting link, please contact customer service via citizenshipinfo@justice.ie with 2023 eVetting request in your subject line.

If you have already completed your vetting, please do not submit it again as this will cause delays.

Update to processing changes

Late last year Citizenship Division moved from paper based applications to online forms for all new applications. This move, coupled with the previous move to eVetting and online payments means new applications can now be done 100% paperless and online.

The end result of the digitisation process will be the freeing up of more staff to focus on processing applications in a timely and efficient manner, improving service to our customers and reducing waiting times.

We estimate we currently have around 4,000 paper files from 2022 and older. To ensure these files are progressed as soon as possible we have assigned a specific team to work through them. It is our hope the vast majority will be complete by the end of the summer.

Customer Service

We are committed to improving our customer service and we again recognise it can be frustrating for applicants when they experience delays with processing. Citizenship is doing everything possible to speed up the process. Where possible we do respond to customer queries.

The nature of the naturalisation process is that, for a broad range of reasons, some cases take longer than others to process. In some instances, completing the necessary checks can take considerable time. As a result of this we are not in a position to be able to provide updates on individual applications.

Areas where you should contact customer service is when you change your address. It is also important that you keep your email address up to date as this is how the majority of communications is now issuing from Citizenship.

While we value feedback from our customers the volume of requests we receive means we ask that you only contact us if it is absolutely necessary. This will allow us to dedicate as many resources as possible to reducing our current backlog.

peace23
Ireland

Post by peace23 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:46 pm

I shared what is written in the small green box (stage 4: Grant) in the email .You need to zoom in to see it

Leo99
Ireland

Post by Leo99 » Tue May 14, 2024 6:51 pm

Those who got approved recently and paid haven't got the above email. Hopefully those who got the emails get approved and will be invited to June ceremonies.

Jane20231
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Jane20231 » Wed May 15, 2024 12:40 pm

Leo99 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 6:51 pm
Those who got approved recently and paid haven't got the above email. Hopefully those who got the emails get approved and will be invited to June ceremonies.
Yes Hopefully :)

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Wed May 15, 2024 1:07 pm

Jane20231 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 1:50 pm
User20123 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 1:30 pm
peace23 wrote:

14 May 2024
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your continued patience while we work through the current backlog of Citizenship applications.

Citizenship Division understands how delays in processing can have an impact on the lives of our applicants and we want to assure you that we are doing everything possible to remove the current backlog of files which remain a legacy of the pandemic, the paper based nature of the applications and sheer volumes.

Last year saw some progress with more than 20,000 applications approved. This was a 10 year high and came off the back of the Department holding more large scale Citizenship Ceremonies than ever before (15 across both Dublin and Kerry). We are committed to ensuring our upward trajectory of naturalisation decisions and access to ceremonies continues throughout 2024.

Over a two year period we have increased processing volumes by 66 per cent. We recognise there is still a need for more progress but we want to assure you we are doing everything possible to increase the volume of decisions we make and reduce the amount of time it takes to become naturalised.

2024 Ceremony schedule

We recognise the importance of giving applicants more opportunities to attend Citizenship Ceremonies to complete their naturalisation. In June this year, for the first time ever, we will be holding ceremonies in both Dublin and Kerry.

This will give us the opportunity to naturalise around 10,000 people across 12 ceremonies. Unfortunately we are not in a position to be able to give applicants a choice of venue.

The dates for these ceremonies are below. Invites will begin to issue in the coming weeks.

Killarney Dates: 10th and 11th June 2024
Dublin Dates: 20th and 21st June 2024
It is our intention to hold additional ceremonies in September and December of this year also. Once venues and dates are confirmed we will include them on the website.

eVetting

Since January 2024 Citizenship division has completed eVetting for over 12,600 people. Of the files we have on hand from 2023 and older, all have been offered eVetting links. Unfortunately there are a tranche of applications who have not responded when links have been sent.

If you have received a link and not filled it in, please do so as soon as possible as we will be unable to process your application until this step is complete.

If your application is from 2023 or older and you have not received an eVetting link, please contact customer service via citizenshipinfo@justice.ie with 2023 eVetting request in your subject line.

If you have already completed your vetting, please do not submit it again as this will cause delays.

Update to processing changes

Late last year Citizenship Division moved from paper based applications to online forms for all new applications. This move, coupled with the previous move to eVetting and online payments means new applications can now be done 100% paperless and online.

The end result of the digitisation process will be the freeing up of more staff to focus on processing applications in a timely and efficient manner, improving service to our customers and reducing waiting times.

We estimate we currently have around 4,000 paper files from 2022 and older. To ensure these files are progressed as soon as possible we have assigned a specific team to work through them. It is our hope the vast majority will be complete by the end of the summer.

Customer Service

We are committed to improving our customer service and we again recognise it can be frustrating for applicants when they experience delays with processing. Citizenship is doing everything possible to speed up the process. Where possible we do respond to customer queries.

The nature of the naturalisation process is that, for a broad range of reasons, some cases take longer than others to process. In some instances, completing the necessary checks can take considerable time. As a result of this we are not in a position to be able to provide updates on individual applications.

Areas where you should contact customer service is when you change your address. It is also important that you keep your email address up to date as this is how the majority of communications is now issuing from Citizenship.

While we value feedback from our customers the volume of requests we receive means we ask that you only contact us if it is absolutely necessary. This will allow us to dedicate as many resources as possible to reducing our current backlog.
Thanks so much :)

Jane20231
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Jane20231 » Wed May 29, 2024 9:52 am

Anyone received approval letter recently ??

peace23
Ireland

Post by peace23 » Wed May 29, 2024 10:06 am

Jane20231 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 9:52 am
Anyone received approval letter recently ??
no I'm still waiting