ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (Skilled VIsa)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LathaPerumal
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Tier 2 (Skilled VIsa)

Post by LathaPerumal » Sun May 05, 2024 9:51 pm

Hi Team,

Currently, I have Tier 2 - skilled visa and it is expiring on Aug 2024. I need to extend my visa.
My company created a new COS last week and they gave me to COS number but they mentioned the salary is £21,500/annum in the COS application.

Now, I am trying to complete the Tier 2 - skilled visa online and I checked the occupation code - 6136 and its salary details. It says that the salary - standard going rate (£30,960) and lower going rate (£23,200).

Question: My company mentioned £21,500 in the COS application, is it okay for me to compete the application or Do I need ask my compnay to get a new COS number with salary £30,960.

I am looking for your valaubale reply since I can't the answers anywhere.

Thank you
Latha

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Tier 2 (Skilled VIsa)

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon May 06, 2024 12:47 am

There is one thing for sure the salary currently quoted is less than the minimum living wage, so that won’t work regardless.

LathaPerumal
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Tier 2- Skilled worker Visa

Post by LathaPerumal » Wed May 15, 2024 5:29 pm

Hi Team,

I have a Tier 2 - skilled visa, which expires on Aug 2024. I need to extend my visa. My company created a new COS last week and they gave me a COS number to process my application but they mentioned the salary is £21,500/annum in the COS application and later they added a note in the SMS column as my salary is £23,200

Now, I am trying to complete the Tier 2 - skilled visa online and I checked the occupation code - 6136 and its salary details. It says that the salary - a standard going rate (£30,960) and lower going rate (£23,200).

Is it acceptable to proceed with my visa application with the current COS, considering the note in the SMS column stating my salary is £23,200? Or Do I need to request a new COS from my company with a salary of £30,960 to meet the standard going rate?

Your prompt response would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Latha

meself2
Ireland

Re: Tier 2- Skilled worker Visa

Post by meself2 » Wed May 15, 2024 6:06 pm

Please don't create new topics for each posts - keep all your skilled worker visa questions in one topic.

Topics merged.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

LathaPerumal
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by LathaPerumal » Wed May 15, 2024 9:47 pm

Hi Team,

Sorry, I used my mobile to post my previous question and I posted separately.

Please can anyone asnwer to my question, please.

I have a Tier 2 - skilled visa, which expires on Aug 2024. I need to extend my visa. My company created a new COS last week and they gave me a COS number to process my application but they mentioned the salary is £21,500/annum in the COS application and later they added a note in the SMS column as my salary is £23,200

Now, I am trying to complete the Tier 2 - skilled visa online and I checked the occupation code - 6136 and its salary details. It says that the salary - a standard going rate (£30,960) and lower going rate (£23,200).

Is it acceptable to proceed with my visa application with the current COS, considering the note in the SMS column stating my salary is £23,200? Or Do I need to request a new COS from my company with a salary of £30,960 to meet the standard going rate?

Your prompt response would be greatly appreciated

LathaPerumal
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by LathaPerumal » Fri May 17, 2024 12:53 pm

Hi Team

I am trying to complete the Tier 2 - skilled visa online and I checked the occupation code - 6136 and its salary details. It says that the salary - a standard going rate (£30,960) and lower going rate (£23,200).

Could you please advise urgently?

Thanks
Latha