ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ousha
Newly Registered
Somalia

ILR

Post by Ousha » Tue May 21, 2024 2:13 pm

Hello everyone,
I will apply for ILR this July me and my colleague and our question is do we have to apply for the kids Even with valid BRP for until 2026. Or we can just skip ILR for the kids and apply for citizenship directly after one year.
People in the community saying that no need to apply for ILR for the kids as long as they have valid BRP and when you apply for citizenship,you can include them in your application and they will get the citizenship we the parents.

The reason is I am asking to, it is because it a huge money saver as each application is 2800.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR

Post by Ticktack » Tue May 21, 2024 2:37 pm

Ousha wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 2:13 pm
Hello everyone,
I will apply for ILR this July me and my colleague and our question is do we have to apply for the kids Even with valid BRP for until 2026. Or we can just skip ILR for the kids and apply for citizenship directly after one year.
People in the community saying that no need to apply for ILR for the kids as long as they have valid BRP and when you apply for citizenship,you can include them in your application and they will get the citizenship we the parents.

The reason is I am asking to, it is because it a huge money saver as each application is 2800.
Children were born outside the UK i presume? If yes, they need ILR first. Validity of BRP would only save them from The NHS. It can't shorten their pathway to ILR.

The government like the money too much. :lol:
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Teksman
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Teksman » Tue May 21, 2024 2:55 pm

How long have the kids lived in the UK?

Ousha
Newly Registered
Somalia

Post by Ousha » Tue May 21, 2024 6:34 pm

5 years

Ousha
Newly Registered
Somalia

Post by Ousha » Tue May 21, 2024 6:36 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 2:37 pm
Ousha wrote:
Hello everyone,

Children were born outside the UK i presume? If yes, they need ILR first. Validity of BRP would only save them from The NHS. It can't shorten their pathway to ILR.

The government like the money too much. :lol:

Thank you,I thought so

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 22, 2024 2:43 am

Ousha wrote:
Hello everyone,

Children born outside the UK will follow the immigration path of their parents and must secure visas or ILR just like them. The only difference is that they do not have any residence requirement and can settle when both parents settle
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice