ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Minimum Salary Requirement for SOC 2124

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thevladi1
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Payment from another Payroll

Post by thevladi1 » Wed May 22, 2024 5:51 pm

Hello,

I will be very grateful if you can help me figure out the following situation because it is really bothering me a lot.
I received my first skilled worker visa in March 2023 from company A. However, towards the end of the year, the company began to have financial problems, which ended with another company (Company B) buying Company A, which sponsored me. The second company did not have a sponsor license at the time and had not started the Tupe process, but immediately applied for a sponsor license.
Around the same time, I found another job with more favorable conditions, changed employer, and received a new skilled worker visa for 5 years.
However, today I started checking the data from HMRC and discovered that for two months, October and November, I received a salary from company B, although I continued to work for company A. However, the HMRC account shows that my last working day at the company A was 30 September.
Now I am very worried that when I apply for ILR, these months may be considered illegal work, which will entail serious consequences.
At this point, Company A has been liquidated, and the latest entry in Companies House is that Company B lent Company A money.
I contacted Company B and explained the situation to them. I was told there was nothing to worry about because the Home Office rarely checks a full 5 year employment history unless there is some suspicion. Also, if the Home Office has any questions, it will be possible to explain the situation that company “A” did not have money, so the salary was paid through Payroll of company “B” as part of the transition period.
I have a reference letter that I received from company A on my last day of work. The full period of work is indicated there, even in those two months when my salary was paid from company “B”.
Please advise me how serious is my situation? Do I need to take care of any evidence now?

Thank you!

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Payment from another Payroll

Post by lolo2 » Thu May 23, 2024 12:22 pm

You're overthinking, this is not an issue. If it was, it would have been raised when you applied for the new visa.

Also for ILR you don't need anything from previous employers, whatever happened with the companies is irrelevant.

thevladi1
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by thevladi1 » Thu May 23, 2024 12:47 pm

lolo2 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 12:22 pm
You're overthinking, this is not an issue. If it was, it would have been raised when you applied for the new visa.

Also for ILR you don't need anything from previous employers, whatever happened with the companies is irrelevant.
Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, I know that documents are not required, but I think that UKVI checks employment information in detail when considering an application for ILR. This is what was causing concern because in the HMRC account it looks like I actually left my sponsor company for another company and worked there for two months

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Thu May 23, 2024 12:54 pm

Again, that not an issue for ILR.

You're worrying for a wrong reason.

thevladi1
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by thevladi1 » Sun May 26, 2024 3:40 pm

UPD: Yesterday I had a consultation with an immigration lawyer who reviewed my HMRC account in detail.
The current situation in my HMRC account is as follows:
Company A: end date: 30 September (the company that sponsored me).
Company B: start date: 01 October (the company that did not sponsor me and where I was not transferred).
Thus, the lawyer confirmed that I have serious problems that will most likely affect of future ILR. He was helpful in some way, saying only that the only option available was to contact company B and receive written confirmation from them that they paid wages for company A, but my contract with company A continued to be valid.
Thus, for now, due to HR's error, I have lost my right to ILR.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun May 26, 2024 6:59 pm

Did the lawyer provide any basis for the advice he gave you?
I'm not an expert on this niche scenario, but having used lawyers for non-immigration purposes (and paid them handsomely for it) I always received reference to the basis of their opinions or recommendations (law, general guidance, common practice, etc).
You are certainly not comfortable with the general comments here.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

thevladi1
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by thevladi1 » Sun May 26, 2024 8:02 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 6:59 pm
Did the lawyer provide any basis for the advice he gave you?
I'm not an expert on this niche scenario, but having used lawyers for non-immigration purposes (and paid them handsomely for it) I always received reference to the basis of their opinions or recommendations (law, general guidance, common practice, etc).
You are certainly not comfortable with the general comments here.
Hi alterhase58, I'm comfortable with comments here, and extremely grateful to you and others for your time.
The meeting with the lawyer was scheduled before I wrote this post. This is a lawyer whose services are paid by the company.
He explained to me in detail why my situation was very bad, and also pointed to the section caseworker guidance for ILR 5-year route, which contains information that the caseworker can, if necessary, check for problems with Tax and criminal records.
Typically, taxes are checked by analyzing employment history during the qualifying period and it contains not only information about taxes, but also about the employer. And this is a big problem, because according to HMRC, I actually worked for another company for two months and received a salary from them, at the same time that my employment with the sponsor ended.
It will be extremely difficult to prove that I was simply added to another company’s payroll as a temporary measure, because even P-45 contains this information.
For a case worker, it will look like I left the sponsored company, worked for another company for two months, and then got a new visa with a new sponsor.
At the same time, my boss does not agree with this and says that the blame lies entirely with HR from the previous company and in this situation the truth is on my side. I'm at a crossroads and don't know what to do or who to believe, unfortunately.

zxyzhgp
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zxyzhgp » Sun May 26, 2024 8:29 pm

As you mentioned, this is HR's error. You are using PAYE and only those companies can update your info.

Usually the problem people have with HMRC for ILR is the tax

thevladi1
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by thevladi1 » Tue May 28, 2024 11:21 am

zxyzhgp wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 8:29 pm
As you mentioned, this is HR's error. You are using PAYE and only those companies can update your info.

Usually the problem people have with HMRC for ILR is the tax
Thanks for your reply. This is partly my fault, because I did not pay attention to which company was paying my salary (I could see this in a banking app, for example).
I will try to obtain an official letter from HR of Company B stating that my contract with Company A was valid for the entire duration of my employment.
The situation is complicated by the fact that company A has been liquidated and it is impossible to obtain any documents from them

thevladi1
Newly Registered
Ukraine

ILR Minimum Salary Requirement for SOC 2124

Post by thevladi1 » Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:57 am

zimba wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:00 pm
Ronstein wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:10 am
Hello Zimba,

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

Suppose my employer decides to raise my salary to the minimum threshold of £41900, as required for SOC 2124 - how many months of Payslips showing this new salary will be required to be furnished at the time of ILR application?

Please advise.
You always need just the last salary slip with the appropriate salary, however beware that raising an employee's salary to meet the requirements for ILR could lead to your sponsor being investigated or even their licence being suspended. This has historically been frowned upon by the UKVI
Hi Zimba,

Can you advise what is the best thing to do if at the moment my salary is not enough to get ILR (I received my visa before the immigration rules changed). My employer agrees to increase my salary, but how much more adequate will it look if my salary increases annually for 3 years?

Thank you!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Minimum Salary Requirement for SOC 2124

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:12 pm

DO NOT tag your question on other topics !
Any salary increase to enable an employee just to become eligible for ILR may be viewed as problematic :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice