ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Acknowledgement of Online Irish Naturalisation Application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lochgarman
Newly Registered
Ireland

Acknowledgement of Online Irish Naturalisation Application

Post by lochgarman » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:11 pm

Hey guys, I submitted my application for Irish naturalisation based on 5 years residence as a British Citizen. I submitted it in January 2024 online under the new system "Irish Immigration Service Online". Do you know if under the new online system they acknowledge the application by email? Or by letter? Or can you login to your account to check on progress with your application?

How long does it take to send email or letter orother acknowledgement of the application, especially under the new online application system?

I uploaded a scan of the solicitor certified copy of just the biometric page of my current and my previous UK passport, certified copy of my birth certificate, my P60s for the last 5 years, and one gas bill for each of the previous 5 years of residency. That seemed to be all they were asking for?

GeorgeOrwell
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Acknowledgement of Online Irish Naturalisation Application

Post by GeorgeOrwell » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:38 am

I submitted mine in November and got an email in January asking me to clarify a couple of minor details, and then notification it had been accepted for processing.

lochgarman
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by lochgarman » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:59 pm

Thanks a million. Very grateful to you for taking the time to reply.

I live in an apartment building with communal mail and letters that go missing, so had been worried about ISD letters getting lost. Very handy if they also write by email. Thanks

hergelex
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by hergelex » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:45 pm

Hi
I submitted my application for Irish naturalisation based on 5 years of residence on the 2nd of November. I received an instant acknowledgment email, but I am not sure if the online applications willreceive the actual acknowledgment email or post. I live in a good apartment and letters never even go missing ...
I have a friend who submitted his application two weeks before than I did ( by post) and received his acknowledgment 2 weeks ago.
I will edit this post If I receive my acknowledgment letter btw

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:08 pm

You should receive an automated email acknowledgement soon after paying (between instantly and up to two days or so later) Some people receive a further more manual email between a week and three months later. Other don’t receive this manual letter and simply receive evetting. We don’t know yet if those who’ve gone directly to evetting receive the manual letter later too or not.

In our experience the fully compliant applications have gone straight to evetting and those using eg affidavits, non-compliant proof like mobile bills or with missing proof have received acknowledgement letters, but this isn’t strictly 100%. The weakest applications can receive a request for more documents before (and in place of potentially?) the manual acknowledgement.

It may be that fully compliant applications are pushed straight (3 months later) to evetting while weaker applications get manually checked and a letter. Or the department may have no consistent process and that was just luck.

But it’s too soon to really know what the nuances are, if indeed the department even has an established process versus just chaos.

lochgarman
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by lochgarman » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:28 am

Thanks so much to all. Really helpful advice guys!

It looks like for online naturalisation applications all the correspondence is email/electronic then?

Great, thanks for this advice!

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:13 am

lochgarman wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:28 am
Thanks so much to all. Really helpful advice guys!

It looks like for online naturalisation applications all the correspondence is email/electronic then?

Great, thanks for this advice!
Application route doesn’t influence communication channel. They’ve moved most comms to email but not approvals or rejections. They may do so at some point, of course, but it’s notable that they haven’t yet. It’s possible they use it as a soft check for continued physical presence.

KarolinaSz
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by KarolinaSz » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:30 am

Hi All,

I'm just bit confused re what other documents i need to sent via post - I'm applying online

- when do i pay 175euro - i know it has to be bank draft and i assume i will have to send it via post - but do i send the same time as submitting application?
- 2 photos- should i take them now and send together with bank draft (after i will get solicitor to sign and date)
- do i fill in statuary declaration as well and get solicitor to sign?

Anything else i should submit? i have 150 points for residency and identity proof already attached to online form

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:38 am

KarolinaSz wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:30 am
Hi All,

I'm just bit confused re what other documents i need to sent via post - I'm applying online

- when do i pay 175euro - i know it has to be bank draft and i assume i will have to send it via post - but do i send the same time as submitting application?
- 2 photos- should i take them now and send together with bank draft (after i will get solicitor to sign and date)
- do i fill in statuary declaration as well and get solicitor to sign?

Anything else i should submit? i have 150 points for residency and identity proof already attached to online form
No documents go by post. You pay online when you hit submit. There is no submission of photos at your stage. There is no statutory declaration for standard adult online applications. Follow the document list generated within your application- it doesn’t mention any of these document because they are no longer used.

KarolinaSz
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by KarolinaSz » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:45 am

Perfect, thank you for reply. It just seems so easy now with the online application process.

hergelex
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by hergelex » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:56 pm

Hi all
I received acknowledgment email today . I have submitted my application for Irish naturalisation based on 5 years of residence on the 2nd of November. I received an instant acknowledgment email on 2nd of November but in addition to that I got real acknowledgment email today.In the email they are basically saying it’s being processed, no other information
Hope it helps

lochgarman
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by lochgarman » Mon May 06, 2024 2:10 pm

Thanks all for your useful and helpful advice. I filed my naturalisation application online on 20 January 2024 as a British Citizen on the basis of 5 years Republic of Ireland residency - with scans of notarised copies of UK passports and gas bills. I received the automated email acknowledgement on the very same date I filed it - but absolutely nothing since. Nothing at all. I have checked my spam folders, but nothing. I see from the messages of other folk on here that all the second acknowledgements are being sent to you by email? I'm just a bit worried what is going on, or if they sent something by post that never arrived... From what others say on here, it doesn't seem to be much use trying to phone or email to ask?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon May 06, 2024 2:14 pm

lochgarman wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 2:10 pm
Thanks all for your useful and helpful advice. I filed my naturalisation application online on 20 January 2024 as a British Citizen on the basis of 5 years Republic of Ireland residency - with scans of notarised copies of UK passports and gas bills. I received the automated email acknowledgement on the very same date I filed it - but absolutely nothing since. Nothing at all. I have checked my spam folders, but nothing. I see from the messages of other folk on here that all the second acknowledgements are being sent to you by email? I'm just a bit worried what is going on, or if they sent something by post that never arrived... From what others say on here, it doesn't seem to be much use trying to phone or email to ask?
It's a normal process of obtaining Irish citizenship - you just wait. I waited for almost a year until eVetting showed up, so just take it easy and wait till it happens.

Next step is eVetting, where you're being checked against police records - I can see people from early Jan getting eVetting (https://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic ... 3#p2161453) , but since it's approval/ceremony time soon, I assume most of the resources are allocated there.

You should get your eVetting in the next few months I assume, judging by the timelines.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

lochgarman
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by lochgarman » Mon May 06, 2024 2:24 pm

Many thanks for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated. I'm not at the stage of the eVetting - I applied online on 20 January 2024, and just got the automated acknowledgement that same day. But I understand there is supposed to be a second acknowledgement -- either asking for more paperwork, or saying the application is being processed. But I've received nothing at all since my application date. Is there a number you can call to speak to these people? I can't find one searching online. Many thanks again

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon May 06, 2024 2:31 pm

lochgarman wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 2:24 pm
Many thanks for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated. I'm not at the stage of the eVetting - I applied online on 20 January 2024, and just got the automated acknowledgement that same day. But I understand there is supposed to be a second acknowledgement -- either asking for more paperwork, or saying the application is being processed. But I've received nothing at all since my application date. Is there a number you can call to speak to these people? I can't find one searching online. Many thanks again
There's no number - it was turned off during covid and was never turned back on again.
You can try to email them via citizenshipinfo@justice.ie , which is the default email for all queries, but I'd give it a few more weeks, as currently approval/ceremony preparations are underway.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Imm_Ire
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Imm_Ire » Sat May 18, 2024 5:37 pm

lochgarman wrote:
Hi, In my case I have applied in Jan 10th 2024 by Online Application and received Acknoledgement by email from noreply@inisonline.jahs.ie with Acknoledgement Number and and on 25th and on same date I have received another email from noreply-citizenshipru@justice.ie with attached Acknoldgemnt letter in PDF and link for Garda Vetting. Here is the text in the letters.

1st Mail from noreply@inisonline.jahs.ie
Dear Applicant,
We have completed a review of your application and accepted it for processing.
Your application will now be processed with a view to establishing whether you meet the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalization. Your application will be submitted to the Minister for decision as soon as possible once our enquiries are complete and all required documentation has been compiled.

If further documentation and/or clarification of any matter related to your application is required from you, we will write to you requesting it. Otherwise, you will receive a letter in due course informing you of the Minister's decision on your application.

It would greatly assist us if you only contact us if it is absolutely necessary as this will allow us to devote the maximum time to the processing of applications

2nd Email with Attachemnt of Acknoedgeent letter from Citizenship RU noreply-citizenshipru@justice.ie
Dear applicant,
I refer to your application for a certificate of naturalisation.
Please find attached acknowledgement letter.
An up-to-date Garda report is now required. You are now required to complete an e-vetting online form that can be accessed through this link:
e-vetting online form.
If you do not have an ISD Online account, you will have to register on the portal in order to proceed with the e-vetting process.

The citizenship reference number for your application is the reference number provided on the acknowledgement letter provided (in the format 24xxxx-CITZ-24) and the Assigned Team is CMUB. Please keep this reference number safe for your records, as it is required for your e-vetting form.

Please note that any delay in completing the e-vetting online form may result in a delay in the processing of your application.

Text in the acknolegement letter
Dear Applicant,
I am directed by the Minister for Justice to refer to your application for naturalisation.
Your application is being processed with a view to establishing whether you meet the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalisation and will be submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible as soon as our enquiries are complete and all required documentation has been compiled.
In general, it takes approximately 19 months for a straightforward application to be processed from the date it is received to the date a decision is made. However, the nature of the naturalisation process is such that for a broad range of reasons some cases will take longer than others to process. It is a statutory requirement that, inter alia, applicants for naturalisation be of good character. In some instances that can be established relatively quickly and in other cases completing the necessary checks can take a considerable period of time. As a result, there will always be a proportion of cases that take longer than the norm to process.
If further documentation and/or clarification of any matter related to your application is required from you, we will write to you requesting it. Otherwise, you will receive a letter in due course informing you of the Minister's decision on your application.
It would greatly assist us if you only contact us if it is absolutely necessary as this will allow us to devote the maximum time to the processing of applications.
Please quote your reference number 2420xx-CITZ-24 on all correspondence with this office. Yours sincerely,

Imm_Ire
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Imm_Ire » Sat May 18, 2024 5:49 pm

lochgarman wrote:
Check on your ISD online website>myforms>Application submission complete. There you can see your application STATUS Changed from Submitted to Application submission complete. If status is still on Submitted, they have haven’t reviewed your application yet and you will get email once they review your application and hope it will be soon.

Imm_Ire
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Imm_Ire » Sat May 18, 2024 5:55 pm

lochgarman wrote:
sorry forgot to Include month.
Hi, In my case I have applied in Jan 10th 2024 by Online Application and received Acknowledgement by email from noreply@inisonline.jahs.ie with Acknowledgement Number on 25th Apr24 and on same date I have received another email from noreply-citizenshipru@justice.ie with attached Acknowledgement letter in PDF and link for Garda Vetting.

lochgarman
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by lochgarman » Thu May 23, 2024 8:38 am

Many thanks for your kind advice! This is really helpful