ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flr Fp - 10 Yr Route

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rin28
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Flr Fp - 10 Yr Route

Post by Rin28 » Mon May 13, 2024 5:06 pm

Good day all,

I hope someone can help me please as I am losing my mind.
I applied for the 3rd Extension of Flr fp - Parent Route in August 2023 and submitted Biometrics September 2023.
With the current long waiting times to process applications, I spoke with a representative of my MP to see if they could help expedite the process as I needed to travel.

I got an email from my MP earlier today and below was what was written in the email to my local MP from the Home Office.

"application has been deemed complex and is awaiting caseworker consideration. After careful consideration, it is now understood this application is one of the more complex cases we have under consideration and entails continued enquiries with other government departments. Until those enquiries are concluded we are unable to make a decision on this case"

Please does anyone have any insight on the above paragraph or what the HO means by the above? I am a father to two British national children and my previous two applications were straight forward just like this one currently in view so confused by this response.

Please help with anything to give a better understanding of what the HO as said means.

Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Flr Fp - 10 Yr Route

Post by AmazonianX » Thu May 16, 2024 6:56 am

Rin28 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 5:06 pm
Good day all,

I applied for the 3rd Extension of Flr fp - Parent Route in August 2023 and submitted Biometrics September 2023.
With the current long waiting times to process applications, I spoke with a representative of my MP to see if they could help expedite the process as I needed to travel.

I got an email from my MP earlier today and below was what was written in the email to my local MP from the Home Office.

"application has been deemed complex and is awaiting caseworker consideration. After careful consideration, it is now understood this application is one of the more complex cases we have under consideration and entails continued enquiries with other government departments. Until those enquiries are concluded we are unable to make a decision on this case"

Please does anyone have any insight on the above paragraph or what the HO means by the above? I am a father to two British national children and my previous two applications were straight forward just like this one currently in view so confused by this response.

Please help with anything to give a better understanding of what the HO as said means.

Thanks.
Can you give your detailed immigration history?
What changed between your last application and this?
You don't determine if sn application is straightforward or not and Ordinarily FLR FP route ain't straightforward.

Rin28
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Rin28 » Thu May 23, 2024 7:25 am

Thanks for your reply.
The main change between my last application and this present one.
I got Married when i travelled back home about 18 months ago (spouse resides back in my home country presently and not part of my application) but I had to declare I was now married.
As I was previously married in the uk years ago which was now dissolved, this then triggered a requirement to provide a new marriage certificate and also a decree absolute from previous marriage. Both documents was submitted as part of the application.

I hope this gives some clarity.
Looking forward to your response.

Rin28
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Rin28 » Thu May 23, 2024 8:42 am

Another thing to add that is different between my previous application and this current one is:
1. I had an arrears on my Council Tax Account during the 2 years of Covid. My account for the last year and so far this year is up to date. I also have a Payment Plan in place to clear the arrears on my CT. Account
2. I declared on my application form that I had CCJ as well. This I do not currently have any payment plan for nor know what the CCJ is for. I have tried contacting the Courts in Northampton but not been able to reach them via phone after been on the call queue for hours.

Thanks.

Rin28
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Rin28 » Sat May 25, 2024 1:03 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 6:56 am
Rin28 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 5:06 pm
Good day all,

Thanks.
Can you give your detailed immigration history?
What changed between your last application and this?
You don't determine if sn application is straightforward or not and Ordinarily FLR FP route ain't straightforward.

Thanks for your message.
The main change between my last application and this present one.
I got Married when i travelled back home about 18 months ago (spouse resides back in my home country presently and not part of my application) but I had to declare I was now married.
As I was previously married in the uk years ago which was now dissolved, this then triggered a requirement to provide a new marriage certificate and also a decree absolute from previous marriage. Both documents was submitted as part of the application
Another thing to add that is different between my previous application and this current one is:
1. I had an arrears on my Council Tax Account during the 2 years of Covid. My account for the last year and so far this year is up to date. I also have a Payment Plan in place to clear the arrears on my CT. Account
2. I declared on my application form that I had CCJ as well. This I do not currently have any payment plan for nor know what the CCJ is for. I have tried contacting the Courts in Northampton but not been able to reach them via phone after been on the call queue for hours.

Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun May 26, 2024 5:03 am

Besides your response detailing changes which there is nothing unusual about, the exact criteria of declaring it "one of the more complex cases" is unknown.
Do endeavour to contact the court, know what the CCJ is about and repayment plan as required I.e. put things in order.
Keep your fingers crossed and expect the best.

Rin28
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Rin28 » Wed May 29, 2024 5:26 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 5:03 am
Besides your response detailing changes which there is nothing unusual about, the exact criteria of declaring it "one of the more complex cases" is unknown.
Do endeavour to contact the court, know what the CCJ is about and repayment plan as required I.e. put things in order.
Thank you.
I will ring them this Friday first thing in the morning so I have a better chance of beating the call queue.

Rin28
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Rin28 » Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:24 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Hello,
Just wanted to say thank you for responding to my post. I received my decision letter yesterday and it is all good. Getting closer to the completion of the 10 year route. It's worth nothing that HO never came back for anything I just received my decision letter even after the weird email I received via my MP.

P/S
I now have payment plans on ccjs now as advised so at least I will be covered in the future.

Cheers.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:52 pm

Rin28 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:24 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Hello,
Just wanted to say thank you for responding to my post. I received my decision letter yesterday and it is all good. Getting closer to the completion of the 10 year route. It's worth nothing that HO never came back for anything I just received my decision letter even after the weird email I received via my MP.

P/S
I now have payment plans on ccjs now as advised so at least I will be covered in the future.

Cheers.
Congratulations